Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By Palash Mitra
  • 2 Post By Toxcatl
  • 1 Post By Paivinha
  • 2 Post By meis

Thread: The Substitution issue

The Substitution issue

I posted this on the update announcement thread, but that is understandably a mess. So here goes again. This is something that needs to be fixed asap. Otherwise it hampers an essential part of the game - tactical changes during live matches.

1) Subs - bring back the damn cancel option, in case we make a mistake, which is pretty likely in the new setup or change our mind.

2) Show player names & positions on the pitch! We can't waste crucial seconds in a match going back & forth screens, trying to make sure we sub or move the right player for the right position. One simply can't memorize player numbers all the time. I get that the black outline is supposed to show player position, but especially on a touch screen, it's very difficult to operate.

3) Player conditions during matches - earlier system had a simple sorting by player condition. Now we can't tell who has the least & makes subbing incredibly complicated.

4) Keep certain fixed position slots; then allow us to move players around from those slots in keeping with the current update. So the formation screens don't look like a 3 year old drew them.

It's quite disorienting tbh, probably more so for people with OCD. Heh

5) Bring back the arrows. Idk how often people used them, but they were a integral element of my tactics. Just positioning players deep or high doesn't do it. Sometimes you want deeper players to run higher or attacking players to drop deeper, especially when playing counter & this just isn't cutting it so far.

Please feel free to add on any ideas. But I feel these are as basic as it gets. Most of them already existed in the previous iteration.

And please, before any new update, especially major ones - alpha test them ! And release them between seasons. Not before crucial end of season games.
    Cheers

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    Temidayo_, gizzmo and USARABAT like this.

Very good

1 & 2 -- Definitely. These things need to be implemented/returned asap.
    3 -- Condition? Maybe rating? Ratings are way more important.
    4 -- Not very important tbh, but it would be nice to have it one day.
    5 -- I honestly don't understand why people like these arrows. How do you know what did they do? It was a very confusing thing (among many other confusing things). Why do you think re-positioning players inside their boxes does something else?

Also, there is a special thread for posts like this:
    https://forum.topeleven.com/top-elev...ck-thread.html
    Last edited by Toxcatl; 11-13-2017 at 01:22 AM.
    Niddhoeggr and Palash Mitra like this.
    It wasn't our day.

Portuguese Forum Moderator Paivinha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxcatl View Post
    5 -- I honestly don't understand why people like these arrows. How do you know what did they do? It was a very confusing thing (among many other confusing things). Why do you think re-positioning players inside their boxes does something else?
    Because I use a defensive formation (4141), I usually use arrows in my DL, DR, MR and ML, in almost all matches it was noticeable the presence of these players in the offensive sector where sometimes they created counterattacks, scored goals and were always supporting the attackers, sometimes I chose to put arrows down in the two central MCs as a way to support the defense and it was always noticeable that movement.

With this new version even putting the player up or down they do not have the same movement as a player with arrows.

Dreamer

I was going to create post for complain about the same thing. Arrows were amazing for me, i was wondering where are them in this new update.I was guessing it was just me who missed it.

Anyway, im brazilian, i like your videos, keep it up.

That absolute autonomy that let you to position your players IS A BAD IDEA.

Quote:

Thank you for downgrading the game again, all for the sake of mobile phone users?!

1 - LDM/CDM/RDM ---> you only give me 2 positions back (this has been fixed now)

2 - Those awkward asymmetry positioning - can you make it more fugly? - https://imgur.com/a/WHi5K
    That absolute autonomy that let you to position your players IS A BAD IDEA
    Solution? Divide that square thing into smaller squares of 4 or 6

3 - We used to have more than 1 option for set piece takers

4 - Fugly horizontal layout; it hurts my brain

5 - No more red/blue arrow or backward/upward (lol are you telling us it was a meaningless feature?)
    Last edited by meis; 11-13-2017 at 06:21 AM.
    azwanonly and Palash Mitra like this.

Antonio Gustavo Hernandez
    Try to share this on FB or Twitter, otherwise it will be nothing but a waste of time, communication between devs and admins has been broken, they don't even know the features of the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Gustavo Hernandez View Post
    Try to share this on FB or Twitter, otherwise it will be nothing but a waste of time, communication between devs and admins has been broken, they don't even know the features of the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Heh I highly doubt the social media team is gonna forward ideas, suggestions & issues posted on Facebook to the devs. I had nonetheless put forth an initial comment on the new update announcement there, to no response.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxcatl View Post
    1 & 2 -- Definitely. These things need to be implemented/returned asap.
    3 -- Condition? Maybe rating? Ratings are way more important.
    4 -- Not very important tbh, but it would be nice to have it one day.

Also, there is a special thread for posts like this:
    https://forum.topeleven.com/top-elev...ck-thread.html
    Ya Tox.

For 3, yes ratings too. But condition definitely helped me since I run a high pressure game.

4 is somewhat wishful thinking.

As for arrows, I've definitely seen quite a noticeable difference when I used them for certain positions. I could be attacking & want my defenders or MC's to play deep. Now if I'm attacking, no matter how deep in their brackets I place my players, I see them in the final third, leaving me open to counters.

As for the suggestion thread, yeah I just wanted this to be hopefully more visible & up for feedback from others under general discussion. Will put up a concise version there too. Thanks