Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Like Tree226Likes

Thread: Season 100!! - Are you ready?

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Temidayo_ View Post
    COMEBACK! #ImpactSubs All 3 players introduced in the 2nd half combined to ensure we completed the comeback. 18 yo newly-minted CM came on to give an assist each to both wingers.
    Sub impact boosted last update 4 sure

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Seriously,180 goals for 30tk.
    I just played against a 60% lower opp and won 2-0,sure...when you have Neuer of other keeper like that front of you (70% of shots saved),impossible to score more.
    So why do you give us this king of "surprises" if you don't let us score more?
    Last season i scored 10 or 15 times against this kind of team,and now....... no coment.
    CL=First game i won 0-4,return game lost 1-2,same 22 players,same forms and same bonus used,so wtf....
    Tired to spend my time on a live game for that,give us the final score after 5sec,result is already made/known by your computer/server before the game begins!!!!
    SEASON => 75
    LEAGUE WON => 36 ; 2ND place => 5 ; 3RD place => 5
    CL WON => 20 ; 2ND place => 6 ; 3RD place =>6
    SUPE LIGUE WON => 2
    CUP WON => 14 ; 2ND place => 6 ; 3RD place => 6
    SUPERCUP => 1

Quote Originally Posted by KenoticFC View Post
    I had them already, I bought them since they where 18yo obviously to replace aging players at the time. Christiansen was a ST but he was fast trainer and I paid 40T in a bidding war. He didn't perform well at all the first 2 seasons 5 goals per season. I gave him One on One SA but nothing, he was still young and I gave him a new AMR position to see if he would be any better but no. At the age of 21 I had to let him go despite he could easily play 2 or 3 more seasons as a starter based on his rating.

Fischer was a AMR/MR/DMR (DR after the update). I paid around 40 T for the guy too. He wasn't that bad in the first seasons or so but he did not score enough for an AMR, gave him shadow striker SA and nothing really changed. I used him as a reserve DR last season but he was terrible in that position and felt very un-natural. At the age of 22 I had to let him too despite all my efforts to enhance their performance.

This guys where never amazing and even thou I could save some Tokens for 2 more season I had to get rid of them since they were holding my team back.

In your case I hope it was just a bad season overall for the team and not the players fault. I hope and think they will return back this season. In my experience good players no matter what position they play, remain good. Of course some seasons are better than other. what kind of formation do you use?
    Sorry for the late reply and thanks for the detailed response!

Before the update I usually used "butterfly formation" but since DML/DMR got removed and the results against really weak opponents were quite disappointing I changed to 451-V. Not sure whether this season is better because I already had two troll results in my league but at least my three offensive players are performing better. ^^

Well, let's see. I have the feeling I'm not "getting" this game anymore (regarding tactics and formations). But if there is a logic behind that and I have the chance to adept it's alright. Before last season I usually sold my players age 22 or older and only tried to stick to younger ones. But since then I kept 6 22-23 players and pushed them with green packs and training but they were really bad. And they are still not as good as they where or probably should be.

If this season is disappointing I will sell all 22+ players and try to build up a new fresh team.
    girl gooner likes this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niddhoeggr View Post
    Sorry for the late reply and thanks for the detailed response!

Before the update I usually used "butterfly formation" but since DML/DMR got removed and the results against really weak opponents were quite disappointing I changed to 451-V. Not sure whether this season is better because I already had two troll results in my league but at least my three offensive players are performing better. ^^

Well, let's see. I have the feeling I'm not "getting" this game anymore (regarding tactics and formations). But if there is a logic behind that and I have the chance to adept it's alright. Before last season I usually sold my players age 22 or older and only tried to stick to younger ones. But since then I kept 6 22-23 players and pushed them with green packs and training but they were really bad. And they are still not as good as they where or probably should be.

If this season is disappointing I will sell all 22+ players and try to build up a new fresh team.
    I agree that it was a much better game b4 the update. I'm probably 1troll result from throwing in the towel. I'm sorry but tanking is cheating (in my considered opinion) and becomes Wallet size V football knowledge. I can do both but it's groosly unfair and will see the game cannibalise itself . Football manager on the p.c is the daddy anyway .Kind regards and Good luck .

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Niddhoeggr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by girl gooner View Post
    I agree that it was a much better game b4 the update. I'm probably 1troll result from throwing in the towel. I'm sorry but tanking is cheating (in my considered opinion) and becomes Wallet size V football knowledge. I can do both but it's groosly unfair and will see the game cannibalise itself . Football manager on the p.c is the daddy anyway .Kind regards and Good luck .

I wasn't talking about tanking and that's not my plan B (- at least not for now. I once thought about it but that's all; can't imagine to try it the next seasons with my as yet strategy but I can understand the motivation why some managers are doing it).

What I meant to say was to sell at the end of the season all 22+ year old players and build up a new young team in the upcoming season.
    girl gooner likes this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niddhoeggr View Post
    I wasn't talking about tanking and that's not my plan B (- at least not for now. I once thought about it but that's all; can't imagine to try it the next seasons with my as yet strategy but I can understand the motivation why some managers are doing it).

What I meant to say was to sell at the end of the season all 22+ year old players and build up a new young team in the upcoming season.
    Ok! My bad my brother.

Ok! My bad my brother.

No worries.

But before I'm just spamming this thread within a few hours with only a few non relevant messages: Cup went quite nice so far. Quarter finals are to be played. In the CL group phase only a miracle for the #2 opponent could stop us from losing the first place. In the league we've lost two games unexpectedly and are right now at the second place.
    girl gooner likes this.

Pro
    Season is going relatively well so far. This season seems to be a little tough because I've played against active managers that are attending in up to 80% of my matches. Having won the treble for the past 3 seasons against this set of active managers they seem to have figured out my tactics and now name a hard defensive formation with up to 7 defensive minded players and the orders of course set to defensive.

Teams that I know who normally play attacking formations with attacking order will switch to hard defending when they face me. One of them got me in the champions League 2 days ago and I suffered my second defeat in 4 seasons. However after a little research I've adapted my tactics and I discovered that using high pressing against defensive or hard defensive orders will tip the balance in favor of your opponent and since then I've crushed my cup opponent who used the defensive style 8-1 agg as well as my league and champions League opponent today 4-0,3-1 respectively who no surprise used a hard defense formation and orders, with all opponents present and watching the live match
    Niddhoeggr likes this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan117 View Post
    Season is going relatively well so far. This season seems to be a little tough because I've played against active managers that are attending in up to 80% of my matches. Having won the treble for the past 3 seasons against this set of active managers they seem to have figured out my tactics and now name a hard defensive formation with up to 7 defensive minded players and the orders of course set to defensive.

Teams that I know who normally play attacking formations with attacking order will switch to hard defending when they face me. One of them got me in the champions League 2 days ago and I suffered my second defeat in 4 seasons. However after a little research I've adapted my tactics and I discovered that using high pressing against defensive or hard defensive orders will tip the balance in favor of your opponent and since then I've crushed my cup opponent who used the defensive style 8-1 agg as well as my league and champions League opponent today 4-0,3-1 respectively who no surprise used a hard defense formation and orders, with all opponents present and watching the live match
    How can this be fair?? Level 8

Pro
    How can this be fair?? Level 8

Tsk it looks like you're facing a super tanker who has decided to promote this season. However you still have a chance just use a defensive formation with high pressing. Don't use low pressing against a far stronger opponent you'll get burned!

I would suggest that you sell off players at the end of the season so as to reduce your team quality to btw 105-110% I call it the sweet spot, you'll get into competitions with very active same level managers, you won't have to face such tankers or +1 level managers you'll face similar quality very active same level managers.

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast