Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Temidayo_
  • 1 Post By pcmacdaniel
  • 2 Post By ibangali

Thread: Early rounds of cup tourney more difficult?

Early rounds of cup tourney more difficult?

Early rounds of cups for me used to have mediocre, 30%, 40% inferior teams I whooped easily. Now (for about 3 seasons now) has teams of a similar quality I struggle to get through and have actually sent me packing some of the time. Anyone else experienced this, or is this just one of those things that change as you ascend up the levels?
    girl gooner and ibangali like this.

Famous
    It gets harder as you ascend up the levels. Less abandoned clubs.
    dave1311 likes this.
    Level 40 Manager

Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    It gets harder as you ascend up the levels. Less abandoned clubs.
    Correct. And also you will find that you’re playing teams 2-3 levels above as well if you have a strong squad.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

good balance, last 2 seasons I play against teams that are 1 level stronger than me, good top eleven, they say that it does not affect who will win, hahahaha, top eleven noobs

Maybe lowering the team quality can do the trick but I can't say much about how things work in really high levels.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Temidayo_ View Post
    Early rounds of cups for me used to have mediocre, 30%, 40% inferior teams I whooped easily. Now (for about 3 seasons now) has teams of a similar quality I struggle to get through and have actually sent me packing some of the time. Anyone else experienced this, or is this just one of those things that change as you ascend up the levels?
    Yep ! Most notably this season in the Champions league. Out in Group after 3 finals on the bounce.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Rookie
    if there is abandoned clubs they should give a bypass opportunity instead of playing with high levels opponent

Quote Originally Posted by Temidayo_ View Post
    We are in the same boat

This season, I see higher lvl manger but lower lvl club; like manager lvl 29 club lvl 13, almost equal q with me. Although I spent lots of green this season to increase my players q. specially my mr+amr+st with ck sp is 23 yo and amc+aml+st 23 yo; slow on progress, eat lots of green; this season will be last season for them; both are very good players but green expensive

I face him round 16:

Early rounds of cup tourney more difficult?-higher-lvl-man-lower-club.png
    Last edited by ibangali; 12-25-2017 at 06:50 AM.
    girl gooner and Temidayo_ like this.
    I can fight against a real player but can't fight against game engine (troll).
    Trolling ruin the game fun and all efforts.
    We play for fun not frustration.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by KenoticFC View Post
    Maybe lowering the team quality can do the trick but I can't say much about how things work in really high levels.
    No, that doesn't really help..
    I rebuild my team every season (usually keeping 3 or 4 top players from the previous) so I always have to start the season with a low quality ( 2 or 3* team)
    I will play teams my level or the level below in the first round, no one is stronger than 5*, BUT they are almost always seeded so that all the strong teams play the weaker ones.
    I check every season and without fail out of the 32 first round games usually around 25-30 of them will be strong v's weak (5* v's 2 or 3*), with the others made up of strong v's strong, or the few 4* v's 4*, as the server has obviously run out of weak opponents to match with.