Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Manager's Style of play

Quote Originally Posted by samreo View Post
    Should i attack or play defence?
    if facing about equal strength opponent, start with normal mentality, OFF counter attack, high press, ON offside trap.
    (don't worry to ON offside trap when against 4-4-2 because 4-4-2 is very bad at counter attacking)

if your team much stronger, use attacking mentality, OFF counter attack, high press, ON offside trap

if your team much weaker, use defensive mentality, ON counter attack, low press, OFF offside trap

Thanks, we are close to equal strenght. 4-5-1 (my team team) 97% vs 4-4-2 (opponent) 92%.
    seems you can win easily, i never fail to beat 4-4-2 even facing stronger opponent, and it's kind of relief if facing 4-4-2 especially for important match. i don't know how to explain why 4-5-1 V can beat it, maybe you will get stronger in midfield battle, and opponent ML/MR don't have much effective in counter attack, also both opponent ST easily to be caught offside
    samreo likes this.

You said both strikers can be caught easily in offside but you also said i should turn off offside trap.

You said both strikers can be caught easily in offside but you also said i should turn off offside trap.
    you should turn OFF offside trap if opponent overall quality is much stronger than you,

just to be safe in case they got very fast MR/ML, since you much weaker, that's mean your Fullback speed much slower than their ML/MR,

this is to avoid your offside trap being broke by those ML:/MR in case they play ON counter attack

basically you can turn ON offside trap if you got almost equal overall quality, this mean your fullback got almost equal speed with their ML/MR,

so no problem to play with offside trap,

well, the most difficult opponent to be caught offside is AMC, AML and AMR, because they are attacking midfielder that got high speed, and very effective in counter attacking and difficult to be caught offside because their position area not as high as ST,

MC/ML/MR not really an attacking midfielder, so, their counter attacking not as good as those AMC, AML & AMR,

But MC/ML/MR still can become a threat to your offside trap if they got higher speed than you,

this is the reason why you should turn OFF offside trap if your team much weaker and also lower speed.

while ST is easier to be caught offside even they got high speed because their position is too high in the field,

4-4-2 got 2 ST which easy to be caught offside and no any AMC/AMR/AML, but still their MC/ML/MR can become difficult to be caught offside if got higher speed (For much stronger 4-4-2 overall quality than you)

can you understand this quite complicated explanation?
    Last edited by adifairus; 02-02-2018 at 01:54 PM.
    samreo likes this.

I understand the explanation very well, thanks so much. I really appreciate. Cheers!!!

one of my previous match that i had taken snapshot against about little stronger 4-4-2 than mine,

i was using 4-5-1 V-style motivated, motivated means put UP arrow to the DMC, in current version is place the DMC upward as close to MC area, but don't enter MC area

my tactic when start the match was normal mentality, mixed pass, mixed area, OFF counter attack
    High pressing, normal tackle, Zonal marking and ON offside trap

and maybe i changed the tactic a little depends on situation during the match.

this was the previous version of 2017 before update top eleven to new 2018 version

Manager's Style of play-vs-442-1.jpg

Manager's Style of play-vs-442-2.jpg

Manager's Style of play-vs-442-3.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Manager's Style of play-vs-442-2.jpg  
    Last edited by adifairus; 02-02-2018 at 02:23 PM.

Nice one, I have studied the opponent very well and i observed one of his striker have a far better speed than my defenders so am turning off offside, i will turn on counter attack because my wingers (AMR and AML) speed is far above all of his defenders and their speed is amazing. I think he is a good scoring side so i will stick to my MAN to MAN marking because it boosts my defensive play despite i am not sure which is best for this situation (zonal marking vs man to man marking). I think my wingers do very well in counter attacks so i use their play strength greatly

Nice one, I have studied the opponent very well and i observed one of his striker have a far better speed than my defenders so am turning off offside, i will turn on counter attack because my wingers (AMR and AML) speed is far above all of his defenders and their speed is amazing. I think he is a good scoring side so i will stick to my MAN to MAN marking because it boosts my defensive play despite i am not sure which is best for this situation (zonal marking vs man to man marking). I think my wingers do very well in counter attacks so i use their play strength greatly
    i guess you should figure out how the suitable tactic by yourself and did some analysis before and after the match (using statistic and player rating) and you know your own team strength and weakness well than others do,

and that the best way for you to understand how the tactics actually work,

i guess nobody is 100% fully understand it until now

all the best
    samreo likes this.

I have learn so much from you today and trust me, i am really happy for your input in my next big match. I am really happy and thanks so so so much.

I won the match by 4-0. it was total dominance from the blast of the whistle. Thank you so much for the contributions. Its been a great season with Treble victory. Gracias!!!
    nikolgiorgos and adifairus like this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast