Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By pnr8555
  • 1 Post By Bunzo

Thread: Iraq shirt

Iraq shirt

I just noticed today that Iraq's national team shirt in the game was slightly inappropriate.

The shirt was a complete replication of the flag, which the flag contains the green Arabic inscription saying "Allahu Akbar" which means "God is Great". I'm not Muslim though, but I know a lot about world flags and the story behind each of the flags.

Islamic inscriptions, such as "takbir" which is on this flag, as well as the "shahada" which is on Saudi Arabia's flag, are usually considered holy and sacred, and they are not usually made into handflags, or other merchandises such as t-shirts or whatsoever.

I'm only just to point things out and doesn't want to offend anyone by this.

Iraq shirt-33362082_1614607468636837_2419338550802644992_n.jpg

Iraq shirt-signature2018.png
    Iraq shirt-signature2018-revised.png
    Last edited by pnr8555; 05-27-2018 at 03:55 PM.
    khris likes this.

ทรงพระเจริญ

AEPRE FC

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by pnr8555 View Post
    I just noticed today that Iraq's national team shirt in the game was slightly inappropriate.

The shirt was a complete replication of the flag, which the flag contains the green Arabic inscription saying "Allahu Akbar" which means "God is Great". I'm not Muslim though, but I know a lot about world flags and the story behind each of the flags.

Islamic inscriptions, such as "takbir" which is on this flag, as well as the "shahada" which is on Saudi Arabia's flag, are usually considered holy and sacred, and they are not usually made into handflags, or other merchandises such as t-shirts or whatsoever.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	33362082_1614607468636837_2419338550802644992_n.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	101500
    For most of the nations that haven't a strong football history, they are replaying the national flag on the shirt. I choose Coatia hoping that I could get the classic red/white chess shirt, but they put a blue one

Quote Originally Posted by LOS ABRANTES FC View Post
    For most of the nations that haven't a strong football history, they are replaying the national flag on the shirt. I choose Coatia hoping that I could get the classic red/white chess shirt, but they put a blue one
    But you knew what Croatia shirt you were getting before you picked it
    So why would you hope to get something different ?
    HairDryer likes this.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunzo View Post
    But you knew what Croatia shirt you were getting before you picked it
    So why would you hope to get something different ?
    Maybe there is a second shirt...
    Anyway I'm a fan of '98 Croatia, so I don't regret my choose at all.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by pnr8555 View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	33362082_1614607468636837_2419338550802644992_n.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	101500

Switzerland denmark norway sweden and some others have the logo of a cross which is a christian symbol ...

Turkey algeria tunisia iran pakistan etc ... have the islamic symbol of crescent ...

Maybe the star of david is considered holy for jews ,,, i have no idea ...

and perhaps there are other flags in the world that may contain religious creed or political symbol that may not represent some minorties... but in terms of politics and law minorities always must show respect to the national flag ....

top eleven developers don't have time to redesign a special jersey for each of 198 country ... so they just made the jerseys of each country as a copy paste of the national flag ... nothing wrong with that in my opnion

Quote Originally Posted by USARABAT View Post
    Switzerland denmark norway sweden and some others have the logo of a cross which is a christian symbol ...

Turkey algeria tunisia iran pakistan etc ... have the islamic symbol of crescent ...

Maybe the star of david is considered holy for jews ,,, i have no idea ...

and perhaps there are other flags in the world that may contain religious creed or political symbol that may not represent some minorties... but in terms of politics and law minorities always must show respect to the national flag ....

top eleven developers don't have time to redesign a special jersey for each of 198 country ... so they just made the jerseys of each country as a copy paste of the national flag ... nothing wrong with that in my opnion
    I think the takbir and shahada are more sacred than the crescent, as the flag with those inscriptions will never flies at half-mast for example.

ทรงพระเจริญ

AEPRE FC