Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Who's actually enjoying the cup this year?

Who's actually enjoying the cup this year?

Despite my earlier rants about the new cup format im actually enjoying the cup more than any other competion this season. my league isn't particularly competitive and my champions league group has been a walkover so far. my best 6 games this year, in terms of closeness and enjoyment, have come in the cup.

they have been the only games I have given more thought to getting tactics right and have been close, tight games. I have little chance of winning it as I think every team left in is a level above me, but its been nice to have close, edgy, need an injury time winner type of matches!

anyone actually agree?
    Last edited by fingermouse27; 04-17-2013 at 12:52 AM.
    KoHearts and CameraLagg like this.

I'm with you

In context, I've only been playing for 3 and a bit weeks, I never played a cup game before this season so had no experience of it being any other way. Looking at a draw filled with level 4 & 5 teams as a new level 2 scared the you-knows out of me at first, but they were all around my quality level so no great shakes

All the rounds have been tough until this last one actually, when I managed to grab a 4-1 away win in the first leg and could put out my second XI in the home game - and I only got this far after a nervy penalty shoot out in the first round so I'm happy just to be in it :-)
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Season 1: League Champions (no Cup or CL)

Season 2: League Champions, Cup silver medal, CL silver medal

Season 3: League Champions, CL bronze medal

Season 4: League bronze medal, CL winner, Cup winner

Dreamer
    As long as my injuries stay low I'll keep enjoying, so far (6-0-0 CL) & (5-1-0 Cup) in League 6-0-2.

Yeah cup was really enjoy-full and very aggressive. I am out now but definitely a good trip! Now building on next year
    Season 1: DOUBLE! League and Cup Winner
    Season 2: DOUBLE! League and CL Winner
    Season 3: DOUBLE! League and Cup Winner
    Season 4: DOUBLE! League and CL Winner
    Season 5: League Winner
    Season 6: TREMBLE! League, Cup and CL Winner
    Season 7: League Winner
    Campioana unei mari iubiri! HAI CRAIOVA!!!

PFFF.... Not me, but I'm enjoying the fact I can play 4 friendlies every day on average with being eliminated from the cup to farm some boosters for my team. All these friendlies provide me with the $ I would of made for playing in the cup and winning the cup so it makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Prize money needs to be TREBLE what it is now in the cup due to its new increased difficulty, especially the fact I'm a token buying team facing teams 2 levels higher than me that have never bought a single token ever on this game.

For me its more beneficial to get knocked out the cup and play friendlies.
    Last edited by July Fourth; 04-17-2013 at 01:43 AM.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Rookie
    Until now hasn't been bad, but i don't know how much far i will go. I'm LVL3 and I'm playing against LV5/LV6 team.
    Anyway I've earned some decent money.
    KoHearts and CameraLagg like this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    PFFF.... Not me, but I'm enjoying the fact I can play 4 friendlies every day on average with being eliminated from the cup to farm some boosters for my team.
    With your second team or with your friends?

I'm loving the cup in terms of thrilling. If the game engine wouldn't be so wierd lately i'd enjoy it even more. Since league and CL sucks anyways.

This leg's result:

He alone scored in two matches more goals than i took in League+CL. Lots of stronger teams left, but at least my server's max level is my current, lv4, so there is a certain degree of max quality at a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlitos View Post
    With your second team or with your friends?
    Yeah a load of abandoned teams, theres a couple on my friends list that are abandoned and I just play them.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    PFFF.... Not me, but I'm enjoying the fact I can play 4 friendlies every day on average with being eliminated from the cup to farm some boosters for my team. All these friendlies provide me with the $ I would of made for playing in the cup and winning the cup so it makes no sense to me whatsoever.
    Doesn't that kill your team's fitness? I struggle if I've got two games within a couple of hours of each other - or have you just got a bazillion green packs?
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Season 1: League Champions (no Cup or CL)

Season 2: League Champions, Cup silver medal, CL silver medal

Season 3: League Champions, CL bronze medal

Season 4: League bronze medal, CL winner, Cup winner

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast