Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: How is this even possible??

Addicted

How is this even possible??

So I'm played this league game tonight. My starting IX avg was 31 stars. My opponent's avg for his starting lineup was ~28,2 stars.
    I used 3N-1-4-2 while he used a 4-1-4-1. I was at home.

The result? 0-3 after 28 minutes! He ended up winning 0-4 after winning the possession with 51-49%. He managed 15 shots while I got only 10. None of his goals came from freekicks/counterattacks/corners/longshots. For some reason all of my players except one CB got 7 in rating. How can they get that when they scored 0 goals and conceded 4 at home?

Don't get me wrong. I accept a loss even though my team is stronger, coz that's football. But I just cannot fathom how he can take the lead with 0-3 within the first half-hour despite both of us having 4 players in the midfield and me having 3 CB to stop his lone attacker.
    Losing is one thing, but getting crushed like that is just surreal and shouldn't happen considering the tactics of both teams, and me having better players than him.

The game-engine changes that Nordeus have recently implemented are really destroying the game.

Banned
    HMmmmmm, I sense a post by a mod saying to move it to the vent thread.

DAMMIt, so close to the winning lottery numbers and get stuck with these vent thread premonitions....
    aiureah likes this.

Apprentice
    hullabaloo yes, that's top 11 game engine, it does this everyday

If you had a starting IX (nine) you'd be two players short - that won't have helped! ;-)

More seriously, he might have been playing with attacking wide players, pressing on into the gaps behind your wide midfield players and even have fullbacks supporting them. IRL, three centre backs often struggle with 1 striker because with all of them in the centre and only one player to mark there is space elsewhere on the field

What rating did your keeper get? I played a game the other day with a keeper on very poor morale (stupid oversight) and lost 3-1 despite having about 10% more possession and twice as many shots as the other team

It's top 11, you should start trying to play with it because this kind of matches, you'll have a lot in your T11 manager carrer
    - My Jersey designs : First | Second | Third -

I had such a result with my no-token team try I started on a new server, too. Maybe you did not buy enough tokens to please the T11 engine.

Just kidding, these things nerve, but we all have to live with it (at least to the next major update).

Founded: January, 16th 2013
    League level: 20
    "We are no cup team, we are a pub team"

- FCK stories from time to time, when I look around. -

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rath View Post
    I had such a result with my no-token team try I started on a new server, too. Maybe you did not buy enough tokens to please the T11 engine.

Just kidding, these things nerve, but we all have to live with it (at least to the next major update).
    Well, i think Nordeus have to set a limit lol i played against a team full of 1star players 2 days ago, i "only" won 4-1 (and he scored lmao)
    ice87s likes this.

Dude, seriously? Use the VENT thread!
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Quote Originally Posted by Ljepoje View Post
    Dude, seriously? Use the VENT thread!
    lol, you want me to make fun about myself?

Quote Originally Posted by hullabaloo View Post
    So I'm played this league game tonight. My starting IX avg was 31 stars. My opponent's avg for his starting lineup was ~28,2 stars.
    I used 3N-1-4-2 while he used a 4-1-4-1. I was at home.
    You're both quite equal, but this formation was slightly more effective/productive since the 4-1-4-1 transforms into a 5-4-1 when defending and into a 4-5-1 when attacking. It could be used as a 4-3-3 if red arrow is applied on the two MC´s or ML/MR. I used this formation last season and ended up as the league winner ... Think he exploited your flanks, since you played with 3 DC.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast