Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By SimplySimon

Thread: how can i see when players get better?

how can i see when players get better?

How can i see how much skill grades a players needs before he reaches the next skill level?

And how can i see how much skill levels a players needs before he gets a extra star?

Quote Originally Posted by gamblewhitme View Post
    How can i see how much skill grades a players needs before he reaches the next skill level?

And how can i see how much skill levels a players needs before he gets a extra star?
    I could explain here, but it might seem a little complicated. However, if you could post a screen shot of a couple of your players (the statistics section), I could show you how to calculate what you would need.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

like this?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

OK. As I said, this may sound complicated, but once you know what to do, its pretty easy.

To gain the next star, a player has to reach a quality that ends with a five or zero. So your player 1 needs to reach 25, player 2 needs 30, player 3 needs to reach 20 quality.

As you look at the stats (all 3 categories), each needs to get up to the required number (in theory).

So lets take player 1. He is currently 21 quality and his stats are: 22, 20.4 & 21.2. So in theory each category needs to go up to 25 (the next star level). So he needs, 3, 4.6, & 3.8. Now every skill point you add is worth 0.2. So you need 5 skill points for every whole number. Still with me

So to get 3 points in category 1, he would need 3x5 = 15. category 2, he would need 4x5+2 (for the extra 0.6)=23, category 3 3x5+4=19. The toal number of skill points he therefore needs is 15+23+19 which equals 57.

Using this same method, player 2 would need to reach 30 quality, which means 21+6+12, which means he needs 39 for next star.

Likewise, player 3 would need to reach 20 and needs 14+26+18 equalling 58 points needed.

This is the simplest method I have found for calculating what's needed. And when I said "in theory" I meant that you don't have to get each category up to the required number, but the total of the three categories should add up to the required total. For instance, if a player needed to get to 30, it could be worked out at 29.8, 27.0 and 33.2.

So like I said, sorry if this sounds too complicated, but it isn't really once you get the hang of it.
    Last edited by Raykco; 04-17-2013 at 11:40 PM.
    LONDON CITY

As a postscript to the above, I have calculated a slightly easier way to do it.

As player 1 needs to reach 25 quality points, just add the three columns together, which total 63.6, towards a nneded total of 75 (3x25). This means he needs another 11.4 to reach the required 75, meaning 11x5 plus 2 for the extra 0.4 which equals 57.

I must be getting tired, now even I'm getting confused.
    LONDON CITY

Quote Originally Posted by Raykco View Post
    As a postscript to the above, I have calculated a slightly easier way to do it.

As player 1 needs to reach 25 quality points, just add the three columns together, which total 63.6, towards a nneded total of 75 (3x25). This means he needs another 11.4 to reach the required 75, meaning 11x5 plus 2 for the extra 0.4 which equals 57.

I must be getting tired, now even I'm getting confused.

Just to answer the other part of the OP's question, in case it wasn't obvious from the above:

To work out the skill points needed until next skill level it's a similar calculation but using the next level as the multiplier e.g to get the first player to 22 he needs 66 (3x22) as a total skill grade. He's at 63.6, so he needs 2.4 improvement or 12 skill points

As a side note, if I was you and I had 40 skill points to give to player 2 I would put it into his skills instead of free kick SA (and judging by his value, he'll be the fastest trainer of the 3)
    Last edited by SimplySimon; 04-18-2013 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Erasing my stupidity
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Season 1: League Champions (no Cup or CL)

Season 2: League Champions, Cup silver medal, CL silver medal

Season 3: League Champions, CL bronze medal

Season 4: League bronze medal, CL winner, Cup winner

Thanks for your help guys. Its not to complicated. It looks easy

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SimplySimon View Post
    Perhaps even easier is this: 11.4 improvement needed, (11.4 x10)/2 = 57 skill points
    Perhaps even easier is 11.4 improvement needed x5= 57 skill points.

just make an excel file to keep track of ur player improvement, i have done it, something like this:

position|age|current season|last season|....
    ST|22|31->32|28->31|

nothing fancy but i think its more than enough to see how ur players improve season after season.

Quote Originally Posted by magic3 View Post
    Perhaps even easier is 11.4 improvement needed x5= 57 skill points.
    Hahahaha! I posted that at 1am, clearly my head wasn't working the way it normally does
    magic3 and Raykco like this.
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Season 1: League Champions (no Cup or CL)

Season 2: League Champions, Cup silver medal, CL silver medal

Season 3: League Champions, CL bronze medal

Season 4: League bronze medal, CL winner, Cup winner