Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Tokens - Tranfers - Losing fun

Tokens - Tranfers - Losing fun

Hi there,

I was wondering how you all experience the tranfer bid system. I realize i start to lose fun because of the difficult to buy a player. There are several players who go to 20, 30 round of bidding. And not for one player, no. You see them on most of the best players competing in the bidding. That makes it almost impossible for me to get a decent player.

What to do about this? Whats your experience?

Pro
    Its just luck! I got a 33 rated (4*) 18 yo MC yesterday for about 4 tokens. The only advice ill give is. After the initial round, bid as early as u can, even if the other bidders leave it late. Once its just you and one other, bid early again for another few rounds and then dont bid early, leave it til the last second, the other may think youve ran out of tokens and not bid, whilst you steal the player

Won so so many auctions doing this!
    Black Hawks likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by herdo View Post
    Its just luck! I got a 33 rated (4*) 18 yo MC yesterday for about 4 tokens. The only advice ill give is. After the initial round, bid as early as u can, even if the other bidders leave it late. Once its just you and one other, bid early again for another few rounds and then dont bid early, leave it til the last second, the other may think youve ran out of tokens and not bid, whilst you steal the player

this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by herdo View Post

This is my method. I ONLY do this and I only go into an auction that I will not give up. I dont waste tokens.

Better advice is to scout your other bidders. IF they are full of 4 star or more, its best to choose another player instead because you are up against someone not afraid to use many tokens and therefore you will waste your tokens in a bidding war.

Thank you. But thats allready what i'm doing. Sometimes it works, but not with the cray bidders.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SheaVa View Post
    Thank you. But thats allready what i'm doing. Sometimes it works, but not with the cray bidders.
    Yeh but if your going for the best players on your market, so will others. Hence why i go for players who are a point or 2 away from another star

@herdo

That totally work. Not only if you can steal the players, your opponent probably think you're a token freak having that you bid early all the time and not trying to "last second bid" which makes you seem like you're tempting. Also there is a specific time where there are less players to bid against you. For me (UTC+7:00 Bangkok, Hanoi) I usually buy players around 2-4pm. Less players to compete.
    herdo likes this.

I tried to get an 18 year old today and i went to 30 tokens and gave up. The player was worth 1.5m and at the point i dropped out his price was 4.5m!!!!!
    I would go for a scout but my choice is terrible! Either to old or rubbish positions!!!!!

sweeper

I set myself a limit of 25 rnds after that I pull out, I have found it difficult this season as my tm is very short of 5* players this is frustrating me.
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    This is my method. I ONLY do this and I only go into an auction that I will not give up. I dont waste tokens.

Better advice is to scout your other bidders. IF they are full of 4 star or more, its best to choose another player instead because you are up against someone not afraid to use many tokens and therefore you will waste your tokens in a bidding war.
    Yeh forgot to mention this, scout your opponents! If its a team full of 5* plus players, scouts etc then they probably have tokens to burn. Id steer well clear!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast