Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By Temidayo_
  • 1 Post By khris
  • 1 Post By nikolgiorgos
  • 4 Post By dave1311
  • 1 Post By Temidayo_
  • 1 Post By KenoticFC
  • 1 Post By mcdoomer

Thread: When do players signed at 18yo decline?

When do players signed at 18yo decline?

My favorite players who have doubled as the best in my squad for several seasons now, both of whom were signed a 18yo —one, an MC and the other an AML [now best ever goalscorer with 118 goals, and 2 assists away from being best all time assister] — are 24yo this season.
    They're beginning to decline in stats even though they still have very high skills. Makes me wonder if that's the end and this is what happens to players bought at 18. If there's a max number of seasons (5-6) for which players can be brilliant.

Context: Currently have a 27yo signed at 25yo who remains as good as when he first arrived. Signed an AML at 22yo once who went on to be brilliant until 26yo.
    khris likes this.

I remember a player of my first season, a MC called Sanchez, that was in my team till the season 11 or 13... he was a FK scorer and did great contributions in my team, and the last seasons even with 1* and 2* he appeared in the comments trying and trying to do something, so, I guess if I would have trained him till 5* almost, the contribution would have been high.

The fact that a player still on fire or not, depend of internal limits, limits for a single player and limits established to keep your team inside some parameters -ex. don't have 5 players scoring 40 goals during a season- ...so, first, what matter is this internal % of dominance that a player have in relation with the other players of the team, then, what matters is to keep the player in a good quality to be able to face the rivals and have the enough advantage to shine.

Then what affects are the movements you do in your squad, as these new signings change the roles of protagonism of the players you have but, as in my case that Ive experienced many times, it is posible to find a player that for his high domination can't be eclipsed.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    there is a way, some people know

When do players signed at 18yo decline?-seek-find.jpg
    Temidayo_ likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

My 34yo AMC who I signed from youth academy as an 18yo 4* is my all time top scorer and was my first 9* player. I thought that this was his final season and I was gutted that he was retiring until this morning when I saw this:

He will now become my first ever 35yo player and have another season as a 3-4*. He is still the first name on my team sheet and still manages 20+ goals a season.
    My view, if they are still performing, then keep them as long as possible.
    Bliketa, cayembe, khris and 1 others like this.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 122
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

Finally sold that AML to a friend (where I can still follow him) after 9 seasons via negotiations for 0T. He made only 4 goals and 2 assists in 16 appearances last season.
    KenoticFC likes this.

That's the main reason I liked to tank every 3 seasons or so to extend the life of some players, but now I am starting to not care anymore. I benched my DR this season at only 25, defenders lifespan is so short. Got him at 18 when the stupid daily player system was introduced.
    USARABAT likes this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Temidayo_ View Post
    My favorite players who have doubled as the best in my squad for several seasons now, both of whom were signed a 18yo —one, an MC and the other an AML [now best ever goalscorer with 118 goals, and 2 assists away from being best all time assister] — are 24yo this season.
    They're beginning to decline in stats even though they still have very high skills. Makes me wonder if that's the end and this is what happens to players bought at 18. If there's a max number of seasons (5-6) for which players can be brilliant.

Context: Currently have a 27yo signed at 25yo who remains as good as when he first arrived. Signed an AML at 22yo once who went on to be brilliant until 26yo.
    I think most people are "scared out" when the players decline to a certain level. I always keep my best players until they prove me wrong. Right now my main is team average age is 28. The most recent 7 star signing was a goalie 2 seasons ago. I have a few players I dont even care about their stats anymore. My DL had nothing over 100% last season and had 11 MOM and 8.2 AVR, with 23 assists. This season has nothing over 80% and already has 2 MOM and 1 10.0 in the first game. There are some "special players" in the game, I'm sure of it. Some people call them gem players. If your player starts to play bad under 80%, sell it. If he keeps doing what he always does... keep it. Not much more to it.

Bear in mind those players were all very well trained. Since nordeus messed the training system I have no idea how this will work once all those oldies retire. But I'm sure I can still be competitive until 50%-ish percent. Below that the system seems to be rigged against you.
    Temidayo_ likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdoomer View Post
    I think most people are "scared out" when the players decline to a certain level. I always keep my best players until they prove me wrong. Right now my main is team average age is 28. The most recent 7 star signing was a goalie 2 seasons ago. I have a few players I dont even care about their stats anymore. My DL had nothing over 100% last season and had 11 MOM and 8.2 AVR, with 23 assists. This season has nothing over 80% and already has 2 MOM and 1 10.0 in the first game. There are some "special players" in the game, I'm sure of it. Some people call them gem players. If your player starts to play bad under 80%, sell it. If he keeps doing what he always does... keep it. Not much more to it.

Bear in mind those players were all very well trained. Since nordeus messed the training system I have no idea how this will work once all those oldies retire. But I'm sure I can still be competitive until 50%-ish percent. Below that the system seems to be rigged against you.
    For MC and DR/DL, I do not mind, but for attackers from whom I need goals, I definitely do mind.