Thread: Strategy

Apprentice

Strategy

I usually play 451V with normal mentality, mixed passing and counter. Sometimes my mind goes blank on what to do when I’m a goal up against an even opposition. Care to share what you guys normally do when you score a goal? Play defensive, switch off counter and use short passing? Or maintain the same?

And if you’re a goal down, go offensive, switch off counter and offside on?

Thanks.

If your opponent is present, then probably will switch to attack and try to score.
    So better switch to defense/counters/mix passing .
    if he isn't present, you must keep a look in the stats of the game.
    Try to have more ball possession and shots.

start first half : defensive long ball / counter/ passig flanks/ ball posseion bonus . second half : if you need goals defensive high press /mixed passing/flanks/attacking bonus

only attack in the second half to have more condition then the your opp

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob M View Post
    I usually play 451V with normal mentality, mixed passing and counter. Sometimes my mind goes blank on what to do when I’m a goal up against an even opposition. Care to share what you guys normally do when you score a goal? Play defensive, switch off counter and use short passing? Or maintain the same?

And if you’re a goal down, go offensive, switch off counter and offside on?

Thanks.
    Your setup looks good to me, I like it.

If I have the lead, I like this type of setup.

defense, normal or attack/mixed/mixed/?/?/normal/?/?

Normal and mixed are the neutral options so should help limit the oppositions path back into the game. But will also prevent you from putting the game out of reach as well.

If behind, I take more risk by not using the neutral options as much.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 10-26-2018 at 06:10 PM.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Keaton View Post
    start first half : defensive long ball / counter/ passig flanks/ ball posseion bonus . second half : if you need goals defensive high press /mixed passing/flanks/attacking bonus

only attack in the second half to have more condition then the your opp
    Thanks man.

So first half - def/long/flank/on and low/normal/zonal/off with possession bonus?

Second half- def/mixed/flank/on and high/normal/zonal/off with attacking bonus?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Ποσιδονας View Post
    If your opponent is present, then probably will switch to attack and try to score.
    So better switch to defense/counters/mix passing .
    if he isn't present, you must keep a look in the stats of the game.
    Try to have more ball possession and shots.
    Actually I have been meeting teams without manager present for now. I just use normal/mixed/on all the way with no problem. One time a manager came online at 60 minutes and I scored two more goals without changing anything. Maybe it’s too late for him to do anything at all. I keep your advice in mind if I see a live manager and switch to defensive after I score a goal.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    Your setup looks good to me, I like it.

If I have the lead, I like this type of setup.

defense, normal or attack/mixed/mixed/?/?/normal/?/?

Normal and mixed are the neutral options so should help limit the oppositions path back into the game. But will also prevent you from putting the game out of reach as well.

If behind, I take more risk by not using the neutral options as much.
    Thanks man. I tried one time in Goliath challenge. I started normal/mixed and as soon as I was a goal down at 20 minutes, I switched to attacking and computer scored another one in the second half. 😢

Addicted
    I would avoid defensive mentality because it has another name - concede from corners mentality. Force counter attack turn off because defense usually plays better without this. Use high pressing - it gives better results. I usually play normal/flanks/mixed but had success with normal/mixed/short few seasons
    Last edited by tomu741; 10-27-2018 at 12:51 PM.