Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By vad
  • 1 Post By pcmacdaniel
  • 1 Post By gogs67

Thread: "Running with ghosts" as exercize in futility

vad
    Apprentice

"Running with ghosts" as exercize in futility

6 games, 5 against teams at least 5% weaker. Top condition and morale. 5 losses, 1 win. Especially pleasing was the last one - loss 1:4 against the team 15% weaker.
    khris and Richie72 like this.

I have two teams. One is 80% and the other is 120%. The 120% team has a loss ratio of 6 games in a row with full health and morale. The 80% team with average health and morale is sailing through each game and has now unlocked the free player.

I'm sure there's some logic to this. I just can't see it though.

Famous
    My 110% team has a record of 4 wins out of 4 so far.

Rookie
    No chance to beat the big teams like Argentina very unfair though tokens were invested

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Barfly99 View Post
    I have two teams. One is 80% and the other is 120%. The 120% team has a loss ratio of 6 games in a row with full health and morale. The 80% team with average health and morale is sailing through each game and has now unlocked the free player.

I'm sure there's some logic to this. I just can't see it though.
    If those games are against other managers, I think it's just a matter of tougher competition. 80% teams usually put forth very little effort. So while your condition and morale are average, you're far more likely to play someone that also doesn't address that stuff.

A 120% requires some dedication (unless tanking) so these managers are likely to account for those things, plus know better tactics, develop well-trained (or mutant) players.

If the games are against bots, then idk. Perhaps, Nordeus might be doing something to the engine.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 11-02-2018 at 02:51 PM.
    ElDiablo89 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    If those games are against other managers, I think it's just a matter of tougher competition. 80% teams usually put forth very little effort. So while your condition and morale are average, you're far more likely to play someone that also doesn't address that stuff.

A 120% requires some dedication (unless tanking) so these managers are likely to account for those things, plus know better tactics, develop well-trained (or mutant) players.

If the games are against bots, then idk. Perhaps, Nordeus might be doing something to the engine.
    I'm beating teams in the 130 range in cups and league yet when it comes to this competition I'm losing against teams around 115-120. I also keep getting bot teams when I should be against human players. AC Successful anyone?

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Barfly99 View Post
    I'm beating teams in the 130 range in cups and league yet when it comes to this competition I'm losing against teams around 115-120. I also keep getting bot teams when I should be against human players. AC Successful anyone?
    The bot teams is happening to alot of players. I played bot in matches 4.2, 4.3 and 4.4.

I'm not sure why. My guess is a shortage of available opponents. I think most managers either aren't taking the time to get the tickets or aren't winning against the overpowered bot teams, so their is a shortage of available real opponents at the later stages. I'm not sure though, just a guess.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 11-02-2018 at 11:13 PM.

Apprentice
    Game is fixed, played 3 games so far, lost all to Bots who are weaker, no point with this one, fixed.

Won nine out of first ten games, but I can't beat the weaker Argentina in the final. Despite being weaker (110% to 114%), the Argentine's have defeated me six times straight. The last one was a 5-1 victory.

"Running with ghosts" as exercize in futility-top-3.jpg

Will try one last time. Wish me luck.

Famous
    Played 12, won 12 for me. Got a crap player who i sold and a nice 7* DC/DMC who I kept, and a few extra greens and tokens. Worked out well.
    Hunter likes this.