Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Ποσιδονας
  • 1 Post By KenoticFC

Thread: What are 'illegal' formations?

What are 'illegal' formations?

Just wondering on the terminology of this - I came back from a long break
    Titles: 2 cups, 2 leagues, no CL.

All-Time:
    Most Appearances: Frank Mohanta: 252 (DL/DC)
    Most Goals: Stuart "Canadian Jesus" Harding: 99 (ST)
    Most Assists: Frank Mohanta: 70 (DL/DC)

Current Season:
    (to be updated later)

"No one ever has ever defended anything successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more."
    - George S. Patton

"illegal formation" was a term describing formation which have major weakness in some spot of the field. For example without attacker, less that two defenders, more than two players on the wings, etc. Now this haven't mean after formation haven't matter. Tactic hasn't mean in world of T11

The old rules:
    https://forum.topeleven.com/formatio...ion-rules.html

Now basically, there are no penalizations for playing with -3 players in the DC line and so...
    Red triangle, -2% possession bonus, Yellow -1% and when you reach an amount of (5?) players out position with triangles the possession is reduced to 20%.

There aren't 'illegal' formations anymore.
    Only when you put another player as gk.
    Then the game it gives you a 20%-80% b.p. and you cannot win - but maybe get a draw

In that recent contest, retro-Yogoslavia was playing with 2 DCs only for defense and you couldn't score
    lol
    khris, KenoticFC and Aku Papua like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ποσιδονας View Post
    There aren't 'illegal' formations anymore.
    Only when you put another player as gk.
    Then the game it gives you a 20%-80% b.p. and you cannot win - but maybe get a draw

In that recent contest, retro-Yogoslavia was playing with 2 DCs only for defense and you couldn't score
    lol
    It honestly shows you the state of the game, a manager game where the basic knowledge does not matter anymore.
    Ποσιδονας likes this.

Dreamer
    I ever played without any single defender at all and used 3 DMF instead and won, it was against a stronger opo..
    But i didnt use it at the start of the match (u will lose lots of possesion if u do it at the start) i used it when i was 2 nil down... I pushed all my player forward but without a striker (used amc instead), with normal mentality hard tackle.... Boommmm 2-4... 10 players in the midfield lol
    Last edited by Aku Papua; 11-21-2018 at 03:40 PM.