Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For one game only....

For one game only....

For one (very important must win cup game) I need 2 AMC to counter his formation and I only have 1.
    Do i use a ST or MC???

Cheers
    sweeper

Dreamer
    You only need to counter their attack - neutralizing is actually a better term. With an AMC you'd be exploiting a weakness in their defense, but if you don't have one, you just need to figure out another way to do that.
    An MC with a red arrow is the closest you can get to an AMC if you really want that effect, but it's not always possible to use one.

Got to deal with this formation in the 2nd leg and i'm 1-2 down at homE.

DC---DC---DC

DMR--------------DML

MC---MC

AMC

ST---ST

Dreamer
    Um, yeah ... it's hard to build an attack without an AMC against this formation.
    I'd try 3N-1-4-2 or 3N-1-5-1 with red arrows on MCs, short passing through the middle, normal play. At the very least you'll have what it takes to defend against him and deffinately more possession.

Banned
    4-1-3N-2 with red arrow on middle MC.

------ST---ST--------
    ----------------------
    ----MC--MC--MC-----
    --------DMC----------
    -DL---DC--DC-----DR-

Attacking, mixed passing, normal tackle, up the middle, no counter, no offside.

It should work.

I do have x1 AMC but not x2.

Thanks for the suggestions, lads!

sweeper.

Dreamer
    I thought you didn't have one, since you do - you could also try the 4-1-2-1-2, also known as narrow diamond.

Apprentice
    i play all my games with the same formation.....

Quote Originally Posted by Narf View Post
    I thought you didn't have one, since you do - you could also try the 4-1-2-1-2, also known as narrow diamond.
    Yep! I have 1 AMC (i said that on my first post) ;0)
    He is playing DML and DMR. So i read i should counter with 2 x AMC but i only have x1.

So, 4-1-2-1-2 and play through middle?

Dreamer
    You're not getting it ... the point of countering is to neutralize his attacking players by putting defensive ones against their spots and exploiting gaps in his defense. It doesn't mean that you have to have the same amounts of attacking players against his defensive ones, you just need to figure out how to go around them. DML and DMR would usually be effective against an AMR and AML respectively, and with no DMCs - any count of AMCs that you can use is to your advantage.

Otherwise - yes, 4-1-2-1-2 through the middle. I don't guarantee a win though - I just recently bought a DMC for the first time, so I haven't used that formation in practice. But logically, it should work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast