Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By a.gavrilin
  • 2 Post By ZeekLTK

Thread: National Team event is broken and can't be completed

National Team event is broken and can't be completed

National Team event is absolutely broken.

For the last 3 weeks I need just one last country to complete the whole event (I have 47 countries out of 48).

National Team event is broken and can't be completed-2.jpg

National Team event is broken and can't be completed-1.jpg

But all 3 weeks I keep getting the same opponents which are far from the only opponent I need. I even tried and completed all these countries but the next week they again still send me the same countries.

National Team event is broken and can't be completed-3.jpg

So how should I complete it?!

I wouldn't bother, it's a con job.

Back of the net!

So today is the 4th week but I still can't get the only last opponent I need. Vietnam is not such a small country to be lost somewhere in the endless football fields
    gizzmo likes this.

Famous
    Honestly, I initially thought that it was going to be like this for everyone. I used to be a big fan of football sticker albums and it always ended up like this: impossible to put your hand on this unknown left midfielder from Valladolid or this second keeper from FC Sion - the one you needed to complete your collection. To my big surprise, it never happened to me so far in this event and I always got the one sticker I wanted. But now, I need 2 to finish and I am becoming a bit concerned...

We need this, for example

National Team event is broken and can't be completed-nations.jpg

VFK
    Rookie
    Have you people got it completed? At least I got the two remaining teams against me this time.

Didn't manage to beat the last one, France, with four attempts though. Now most of my players are under 30% and don't think I'll have time to try again this week. (last game was drawn with opponent's 90th minute equalizer )

I really like this game, I log in a few times a day to set my lineups for League, Champions League, and Cup matches, I check the transfer market occasionally, I do the trainings, etc. It's a lot of fun. And I feel like I'm pretty good too, I've won the treble in the last two seasons and I'm certainly making a run at it for the third season in a row (although I'm 5 points behind the league leader right now, so it's going to be tough - but that makes it fun).

However, I hate the national team. It sucks.

First of all, Wednesday is one of my busiest days, so I don't have a lot of time to log in for this. By the time I set my own team's lineups and do trainings, etc. I don't have time to also manage the national team throughout the day, so it sucks that it's on Wednesdays. At least let us pick which day, maybe if it was on a Saturday or something I could spend some more time to play my national team matches.

Second, it absolutely sucks that if you forget to train the national team on Tuesday, you're completely screwed for Wednesday anyways. You need to go into Wednesday with 8% bonuses so that you only have to train once to get to 10% and then wait a few hours for the team to rest back up to be able to play the matches. But, if you forgot about the national team on Tuesday, then you're coming in at 6% or lower, which means you have to train even more and it takes even longer to rest. Two weeks ago I had forgotten about the national team for a few days and come Wednesday my bonus was all the way down to 4%! I basically couldn't even play the event because after 3 training sessions it took like half the day for my team to get back to 99% and I basically only got to play 1 match (because I'm not wasting my heals on the national team, I need them for my real team), and I got bored waiting for them to rest after the first match that I just didn't bother with any more.

Third, maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it seems like ever since they shifted to the "once a week" format, the "Easy" opponent is always the same strength as my team. Two weeks ago I was 77% and so was Seychelles. Last week I was 82% but so was Malaysia. So then throughout the week I trained up and got to 87%, but now this week Thailand is also 87%. So what's the point in training my team at all if my opponent is going to be the exact same strength as me? There is literally no benefit to building a stronger team if your opponents just mirror you. 82% vs 82% is the same as 87% vs 87%, which is the same as 77% vs 77%, etc.Why should I even bother trying to make my national team stronger if it doesn't actually give me an advantage? In the old system, I started at like 55% or whatever and the easy opponent was also 55%, but then when I got up to 65%, the easy opponent was still 55%, so I had a better chance of beating them, which is how it should work - you should get rewarded for making your team stronger. But that's not what is going on here.

Fourth, the ratings for opponents is completely arbitrary and takes away from any sense of "realism". I beat England, Italy, and Germany the first couple of weeks that I played the national team event and because of that, they were only like 75% or something when I played them (when my team was in the 60% range or whatever). Now I'm facing teams like Thailand and Malaysia who are in the 80% range. So you're saying Thailand is stronger than Italy? Really? Pretty dumb. Going back to the third point, the opponents should have their own ratings that stay consistent throughout the entire "event" and you should have to train up to be able to compete with/beat them. Like, Thailand should be 55% no matter what my team strength is, and conversely Germany should probably be like 150%. So, sure, I'll never beat Germany when I'm only like 70%, but if I build up to 120% then I can finally face them. Instead, if I build up to 120% I'm sure I'll just have to face a 120% Trinidad & Tobago team on "Easy"... really dumb.

The only thing that makes this tolerable is all the tokens you can get, but come on - this is terrible. There's got to be a better way to run it.
    maloukees and gslgregory like this.

Famous
    First I also love the game,,, log in several times to set my team for the matches..

But he National team I only play to comlete the stickers so I get tokens.. if there were no tokens I would not even look to the National teams..

But I still train them to the bone....

Because maybe Nordeus is have maybe a challenge for the National teams or swap to the FA.. who knows?!

So finally after 5 weeks I got my vietnam opponent and won them. The event is completed so the thread may be considered as closed