Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: How on earth do you get a 442 to work?

How on earth do you get a 442 to work?

Hey chaps,

I've just joined this forum purely to get an answer to one mystery that I haven't solved on my route to club level 52.

How the heck do you make a 442 actually work.

It is my fave real life formation, but I've never got it to work on this game, so I always end up changing to something else.

Recently I've seen many teams win leagues and cups, hardly losing a game with a flat 442. So there must be certain orders that work that I'm just missing.

What orders do people find work with a flat 442?

Thanks

Rob

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

Pray to random Gods, just like every other formation in this game.
    dave1311, Bunzo and Altiplano like this.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Hampton View Post
    Hey chaps,

I've just joined this forum purely to get an answer to one mystery that I haven't solved on my route to club level 52.

It is my fave real life formation, but I've never got it to work on this game, so I always end up changing to something else.

Recently I've seen many teams win leagues and cups, hardly losing a game with a flat 442. So there must be certain orders that work that I'm just missing.

Thanks

Rob

you won't score too many goals with a flat 442. has it really taken you until level 52 to realise ? you want goals and cups ? then try 4231 with DL DC DC DR MC MC AML AMC AMR and ST and only trained white skills. your goals will triple ! 70% of your goals will come from AML and AMR. my 2 wingers have notched up over 250 goals in 2 seasons.
    i'll take a guess and say you don't train your players individually ? if i'm right then don't expect to get my results.
    442 is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    dave1311 and Bunzo like this.

i played with 442 also , i had good success with it but you need 2 great st's , 2 good wide midfielders and a great defesive line. 442 has a "hole" between defense and midfield and rely a lot on offside trap. My orders was attacking( or hard attack some times) short passes, both flanks, counter off, high pressing ( i switch to low against teams that "park the bus"), normal tackle, zona marking( very inmportant , 442 can only work with this) and offside trap on, with this i won a treble with 203 goals and only 23 conceded.
    khris and lespa like this.

“Football is born in the brain, not in the body"

In 78 seasons Ive chenged 4 times of main formation -last time this season-.

All is, in any foarmation, about contribution. So if you want better suggestions about how to improve show us your team pàge with the stats where is the whole team (goals, assists, MoM...)

Then all is about discard players and maybe try to improve 3-4 main players + something else.
    All formations can win all, you only need to find the right players.

I don't play 442, because it doesn't work. That is my point, I want to find a way to play it and it to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richie72 View Post
    you won't score too many goals with a flat 442. has it really taken you until level 52 to realise ? you want goals and cups ? then try 4231 with DL DC DC DR MC MC AML AMC AMR and ST and only trained white skills. your goals will triple ! 70% of your goals will come from AML and AMR. my 2 wingers have notched up over 250 goals in 2 seasons.
    i'll take a guess and say you don't train your players individually ? if i'm right then don't expect to get my results.

Bang on. I play exactly that formation 4-2-3-1 for those reasons and win something every season (usually the League). My AML and AMR have legend status because they score or assist the majority of my goals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richie72 View Post
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Hampton View Post
    Hey chaps,

Thanks

Rob

Maybe because Mourinho has made 4-4-2 his b1tch, and TE is keeping to his ideals?

Look, if I have a triangle in midfield – Claude Makélélé behind and two others just in front – I will always have an advantage against a pure 4–4–2 where the central midfielders are side by side. That's because I will always have an extra man. It starts with Makélélé, who is between the lines. If nobody comes to him he can see the whole pitch and has time. If he gets closed down it means one of the two other central midfielders is open. If they are closed down and the other team's wingers come inside to help, it means there is space now for us on the flank, either for our own wingers or for our full-backs. There is nothing a pure 4–4–2 can do to stop things.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1311 View Post
    Bang on. I play exactly that formation 4-2-3-1 for those reasons and win something every season (usually the League). My AML and AMR have legend status because they score or assist the majority of my goals.
    mate, how do you know that the person is a legend in your club ? goals, games or ?

Thank you

I class a legend as a player who consistently scores or assists goals and turns in ratings of 8 or above every single game. He performs well in all competitions and may be your top scorer each season or just generally a superb and reliable player. Others may have their own views on this but “legend” is a loose term really.
    lespa likes this.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast