Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Raykco

Thread: 80% Ball Possession; My A$$

80% Ball Possession; My A$$

Played against a guy w/ illegal formation. Checked his team before I headded out and I was like "Hell yeah let's get the goals piling." So enlight of giving up for the season, I wanted to at least and a few final goals in my squad; mainly my striker Martins and my four star 18-year-old so they'll develop more. The score at the end of the game: 3-2 me.

...wait, what!? That's it? 80% Ball Possession; My A$$-got-away-illegal-formation.jpg

Yep. Let me just talk you through this. Going up 1-0 in the 3rd minute is no surprise. But then how the hell did my opponent score against me with no strikers? 80% Ball Possession; My A$$-got-away-illegal-formation-4.jpg

Yes I know strikers aren't the only ones scoring, but how can they get a opportunites with no one up front? Luckily I score two more goals in the first half so surely I should be on route for a blow out right? NOPE. In fact, I actually miss a penalty and he gets another goal back in; mere minutes after I injured one of their players. So how the hell did he stay within one? 80% Ball Possession; My A$$-got-away-illegal-formation-2.png80% Ball Possession; My A$$-got-away-illegal-formation-3.png

Apparently he has Petr Cech in at goal in the second half. I mean look at the number of shots I took on him. And his goalkeeper made SIX saves and earned a 9 match rating. What the hell? This must be some sick joke. And that's the first goalkeeper I faced that accomplished a 8 or above match rating.

Well, I guess that's a sign that I should have kept my team at bay.

I probably should have posted this to the vent thread, but oh well. xD I was just dumbfounded by the results that I wanted to share.

One point:
    Possession is indicates only how much change you generate.....so if the result is disapointing, change tactics
    Playing with team: Oranje

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Poker-32 View Post
    One point:
    Possession is indicates only how much change you generate.....so if the result is disapointing, change tactics
    Oh friend this is not the strangest thing in this game.Be happy that you won because you can lose 5-0

haha I won?.....didn't play against you.
    But it did happen also to me. during 4 seasons it happend 2 times that I had 80% and still lost the match.

Indeed not the strangest thing in-game.....
    But as far as I can see, you did get that 80% because your opponent has 1 AMC and no ST, so your defence and midfield had almost all the possessions they can!

But agree, result is kind of strange!
    Hope for you it won't happen much
    Playing with team: Oranje

Strange result: yes, but at least you "won". Your Q is quite equal and he seems to have "won" the midfield battle (DMC-ML-MC-MC-MR-AMC) against your way "unbalanced" (MC-MC-AML-AMC-AMR + ST).. You could play simple, like 4-4-2 and get great results as well. I managed to win the league 3 times in a row with that formation.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Well, I naturally prefer more aggressive formations anyway. Although even if I did lose the midfield battle, it still doesn't justify to me a one-goal-only victory...

The game stats are meaningless and have no bearing on what happens in the game. Don't take any notice of the possession figures, they don't mean a thing. And to prove my point, take a look at the fouls / free kicks stats. Total fouls = 25. Total free kicks = 2.
    cracicot likes this.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Raykco View Post
    The game stats are meaningless and have no bearing on what happens in the game. Don't take any notice of the possession figures, they don't mean a thing. And to prove my point, take a look at the fouls / free kicks stats. Total fouls = 25. Total free kicks = 2.
    Sounds like the Bayern/Barca game the other night. Same stats for Barca. LOL

there might be something wrong in your tactics.