Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Best way to acquire players

Best way to acquire players

Hi guys, sorry kinda new still, level 5 but feel like I can't get really good players. My question is, should I save up coins to get a 22 year old in 'Scouting' with 7 stars, or an 18 year old in 'Auctions' with 6 stars, or another strategy that you guys recommend. Thanks! My team is 103% (45.9) but can't seem to get into top 4 in league play.

Apprentice
    From my experience, I have never bought a dud from the Scouting tab. Every player I have acquired from scouting has been a very good player for my squad and a player that improves and continues to improve and be able to be useful for the team for 3-4 seasons after purchasing. With auction players it's hit or miss. Yes, there may be a 6 star player in auction but look at his stats. Are they good? Could they be better? Usually I find myself not going for a player as their skills aren't as impressive even if they are rated highly. It's always been hit or miss from the auctions for me. I did find a few gems though, one actually got the golden boot after being on my team for 2 years and he still is improving so he is 4 star player after buying him 3 seasons ago. For me, I always would get a scouted player over waiting for a good player to pop up in auction. But watch the auctions tab closely and intently as a very very good player pops up sometimes that you don't want to miss out on.

My direct advice: you are still in the lower leagues I would stay in the Auctions tab and save my tokens for when Scouting one or two players becomes almost a necessity to compete (leagues 10+)
    Last edited by TheWhiteKirby; 01-08-2019 at 05:20 AM.
    The Warpstars - League Level 25 - Club Record: 746W - 120D - 146L
    Goals Scored: 3094 Goals Against: 863
    Club History
    11 League Trophies: 3,4,5,7,8,9,10,17,18,19,24 | 6 Runner-Up: 2,6,11,13,16, 20
    2 Cup Trophies: 5,7 | 4 Runner-Up: 10,17,19,24
    0 Super League Trophies: | 0 Runner-Up:
    3 Champion's League Trophies: 2,10,22 | 4 Runner-Up: 8,12,19,24
    0 Triple Crowns:

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by mattabell10 View Post
    Hi guys, sorry kinda new still, level 5 but feel like I can't get really good players. My question is, should I save up coins to get a 22 year old in 'Scouting' with 7 stars, or an 18 year old in 'Auctions' with 6 stars, or another strategy that you guys recommend. Thanks! My team is 103% (45.9) but can't seem to get into top 4 in league play.
    For me I only bought sometimes scouts before.. but always very good players and bring me good results...

With the auction you never know.. Sometimes you have to pay 30-40 tokens for a 99% player.. the question is alway is he good or not??
    With a 69 tokens scout is good for at least 2 or more seasons to stay at above 100%... And the rest just but 80% players so buuilt the team around a superstar or if you hve more tokens more than 1....

Famous
    If you are not farming Greens to be able to train up high 4* 18 yo's from auction then go to negotiations, For around 20 tokens you bid on a 99% with hopefully SA as well, most managers will take the 5 token profit.
    Der_Ryan_M and TomasoBG like this.

I would rarely buy scout players as they don't provide longevity and last maybe 2 seasons for a high price. I like to buy 18-19 year old from auctions, when I have greens to train them or from negotiation when I feel like not putting in so much effort in a player. You can keep those longer and they cost much less.
    pele and pleasures like this.

This season signing from negotiations
    Best way to acquire players-20190108_210712.jpg

A.C. MILAN LEGENDS-Team Showcase
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...n-legends.html
    Season 45,lvl 43(24 trebles)
    GAME OVER

Apprentice
    Cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    Cost?
    46 tokens i think,i give him 20tokens

A.C. MILAN LEGENDS-Team Showcase
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...n-legends.html
    Season 45,lvl 43(24 trebles)
    GAME OVER

Quote Originally Posted by madflo19 View Post
    Good man.

This season signing from negotiations
    <snip>
    Am I missing something here? 46 tokens (net 20) for an 80%, 29-year-old player?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast