Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Injuries...again

Banned

Injuries...again

This is NOT a rant. This is a question.

How is it that teams can have an injury during the game, not replace the injured player and still win comfortably?
    On top of that how can a team have a 2 red cards, get outshot, have a silly formation, and still win 0-1 away?

Is this supposed to be a simulation? This is an honest question people. Can someone show me where Nordeus professes that Top11 is a football simulation? Logically, if they are not a simulation, then we cannot expect them to simulate results similar to real football. Therefore, ANY result is possible and acceptable.

Back to the original question. I just witnessed a game in my league where the 3rd plays 5th and the 3rd wins 1-2 away but he has an injury in the 11th minute, scores 2 goals and holds on for the win. In what game could you play a man down for most of the game, score 2 goals and win. I realize the home team could have played a better formation, but a man down (the better ST) for the whole game and score 2 goals (ST & MR) whilst having less possession and twice as many shots on target? A little more fine tuning on the NGE is necessary.

Better yet, how about this one:

Ok, a goal in normal time with all players present = no probs with this.
    Then a red card at 33' and another at 38', ST and AMC respectively. So he is 2 men down after roughly 1/3 of the game complete. Of course the possession should reflect the 2 man advantage and it does. Of course the quality is roughly the same (22.8 vs 20.6) in favour of the losing team. The GK for the losing team gets a 9 rating.
    BUT the winning team has 8 corners and as many shots on target as the losing team and almost as many total shots?

I find it odd that a team with a 2 man advantage, twice the possession, a very attacking formation, and a bit more quality, could not do better against that formation. I know the winning team plays up the middle. I assume the losing team plays up the flanks, but they lose the midfield battle with no MC, just a DMC. But still, I would guess that 9 times out of 10, the losing team will win vs that winning team. I would have to admit that this is that 1 in 10 result.

Anyways, the NGE is a bit flaky these days and I just dont understand it sometimes. In what reality does a team playing with 9 men NOT get scored on, especially when they have less quality and play an odd formation.

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

This happend to me as well as in the CUP final-eight (1th leg).. Since the manager wasn´t present, he couldn´t make a substitution and replace the player. My conclusion was that the "engine-machine" reacted the same as with the "GK bug", just to make it "fair".

Otherwise it´s just a big blunder
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

The first one he has lucky (maybe) to pass on the wings or long balls, but the third screenshot you show with the big yellow/red cards is strange indeed!
    Playing with team: Oranje

Good question, I wish I knew coz it has happen to me more than once!
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    This is NOT a rant. This is a question.

How is it that teams can have an injury during the game, not replace the injured player and still win comfortably?
    On top of that how can a team have a 2 red cards, get outshot, have a silly formation, and still win 0-1 away?

Is this supposed to be a simulation? This is an honest question people. Can someone show me where Nordeus professes that Top11 is a football simulation? Logically, if they are not a simulation, then we cannot expect them to simulate results similar to real football. Therefore, ANY result is possible and acceptable.

Back to the original question. I just witnessed a game in my league where the 3rd plays 5th and the 3rd wins 1-2 away but he has an injury in the 11th minute, scores 2 goals and holds on for the win. In what game could you play a man down for most of the game, score 2 goals and win. I realize the home team could have played a better formation, but a man down (the better ST) for the whole game and score 2 goals (ST & MR) whilst having less possession and twice as many shots on target? A little more fine tuning on the NGE is necessary.

Better yet, how about this one:

Ok, a goal in normal time with all players present = no probs with this.
    Then a red card at 33' and another at 38', ST and AMC respectively. So he is 2 men down after roughly 1/3 of the game complete. Of course the possession should reflect the 2 man advantage and it does. Of course the quality is roughly the same (22.8 vs 20.6) in favour of the losing team. The GK for the losing team gets a 9 rating.
    BUT the winning team has 8 corners and as many shots on target as the losing team and almost as many total shots?

I find it odd that a team with a 2 man advantage, twice the possession, a very attacking formation, and a bit more quality, could not do better against that formation. I know the winning team plays up the middle. I assume the losing team plays up the flanks, but they lose the midfield battle with no MC, just a DMC. But still, I would guess that 9 times out of 10, the losing team will win vs that winning team. I would have to admit that this is that 1 in 10 result.

Anyways, the NGE is a bit flaky these days and I just dont understand it sometimes. In what reality does a team playing with 9 men NOT get scored on, especially when they have less quality and play an odd formation.

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
    That weird formation with a line on midfield, all defenders and STs...i have one in my CL and he won over teams with 3-8 Q more than him. It's seriously ****ed up.

3 injuries in my last night league match

Dreamer
    The first one isn't that rare, it happens. Otherwise ... well, here's a picture that's worth a thousand words:

Injuries...again-absurd2.jpg

Granted, it was the 1st vs. the last in the league at that time, and with a reasonable skill difference. But that's just about it ... I don't care who you are, nobody scores 2 goals after the 85 minute with 4 (as in ****ing FOUR) men down. The absence of goals for the team with 3 strikers is just the tip of the iceberg.
    magic3, SimplySimon and gtmsnba13 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Narf View Post
    The first one isn't that rare, it happens. Otherwise ... well, here's a picture that's worth a thousand words:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	absurd2.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	5800

Granted, it was the 1st vs. the last in the league at that time, and with a reasonable skill difference. But that's just about it ... I don't care who you are, nobody scores 2 goals after the 85 minute with 4 (as in ****ing FOUR) men down. The absence of goals for the team with 3 strikers is just the tip of the iceberg.
    3rd one was clearly from the free kick, so it's possible. It would be good to know how the 4th arrived if on a counter, free kick or else.

Dreamer
    Sorry, I don't remember how the 4th one came. However it was though, even the 2nd one is absurd and so is the fact that the home team never dropped below 50% possession, even with me supporting the away team. Yes - in theory, anything is possible, but you can only see it in Top11.
    Last edited by Narf; 04-26-2013 at 07:28 PM.

Banned
    In T11, there is no spoon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast