Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Like Tree278Likes

Thread: Season 116 - Are you ready?

Mid season report

Season 116 - Are you ready?-season.jpg
    As expected, its a competitive season. Exciting yet heart wrenching at times.
    In terms of Win to loss/draw, one of my worst seasons but it is kinda self inflicted since i decided to give up CL and go for SL

LEAGUE
    Season 116 - Are you ready?-league.jpg
    Still keeping pace with the top guy and facing him in less than 24 hours.
    My initial top 3 target seems very achievable at the moment. If i can pull off a upset tomorrow, i might even be able to take 1st spot!

SL
    Season 116 - Are you ready?-super.jpg
    Getting through the first elimination round should be a breeze. The real competition begins from the quarter finals!
    I definitely have a chance to go all the way! This is now my best bet at a trophy if any.

Cup
    Season 116 - Are you ready?-cup.jpg
    Eliminated by a team i expected to win. But am happy as i got further than what i thought previously, beating 2 higher quality teams to get to the QF before bowing out to a lower quality team.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    @EastsiderSG
    Good luck with Aresnal
    milpol likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    @EastsiderSG
    Good luck with Aresnal
    haha thanks. I beat his arse 5 times!
    Season 116 - Are you ready?-screenshot_2019-03-18-03-45-55-777_eu.nordeus.topeleven.android.jpg

Both teams had stupid home draws against lower-Quality opposition today, Desert Rats FC in the League on a day when draws at the top of the table were the rule rather than the exception; and Nouvion FC conceded two goals in the last 10 minutes in their Champions League match, to leave with them a job to do in the 2nd Leg.

Season 116 - Are you ready?-s41-results-day-15.jpg

Season 116 - Are you ready?-s03-results-day-15.jpg
    milpol likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Desert Rats FC start the second half of the season with a good win over a team which held them to a draw in the first League match of the season.

Season 116 - Are you ready?-s41-results-day-16.jpg

Nouvion FC concede 3 at home for the second match running, but this time they had 6 themselves, so recorded their 13th League win of the season.

Season 116 - Are you ready?-s03-results-day-16.jpg

Left-winger David Dorizon's 9th hat-trick put him on 51 goals for the season, in only 28 matches played by him.

Season 116 - Are you ready?-nfc-david-dorizon-51g.jpg
    TAFIDA likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Red Kelpie FC turned the corner at the half way point of the season in good position having recently played and comprehensively beaten all the other contenders with the latest being 2nd placed greenlemone FC to the tune of 4-1. Still recovering from an unusual slow start to the season having lost 1 ,drawn 3 of the first 6 matches Red Kelpie FC have found a purple streak of form winning the last 8 matches. Should be a great second half of the season. Semi finalists in the Cup for the third successive season and a 2 goal lead after the 1st leg of the round of 16 in the CL has the season still on track.
    LEAGUE WINNER 8
    LEAGUE RUNNER UP 5
    CUP WINNER 4
    CUP RUNNER UP 4
    C.L. WINNER 2
    C.L. RUNNER UP 4
    TREBLES 1
    SUPER CUP WINNER 2
    CUP DOUBLES 3
    CUP TREBLES 1

Apprentice
    Last season was good. Got a double.

I would like to share why I decide to control the draw?
    -) I have enough resources to train only my playing 11 (every season I can train only starting 11).
    -) If i don't control the draw then it would be unfair competition. So just to win against active teams training white skills.
    -) I have enough tokens 400+ so I can buy new subs and new reserves each season. But I can't train them ( not enough green packs).
    -) I don't want easy triple. It doesn't appeal me. Last to last season when I won triple crown I defeated a friend of mine in the cup finals 4-0. He is a level below me. I felt bad for him. So I decided to control the draw to get good same level active teams.
    -) I would have happy to reach the finals and lose to a similar team than winning against weaker lower level friend.

This season I kept my best eleven and others were 1-2 star players. So i got equally good teams in Cup and CL. In league we will find out in a day.

So this season's objective is to win the triple.

Last season my defense had a problem. So i am finding some new recruits. Nothing to worry about attack or midfield. They are in good form so for this season focus will be on getting good defenders DCs. Also I am not training my GK to full 6 star. He is 5 star (lets see if GKs are cosmetic).
    Well, coming from season 115 -
    I won a double........
    It tastes sooooooooo gooooooood better than the treble i won against weaker teams.
    Won the league on the very last day on Goal Difference ( ahhhhhh this excitement all season long was just amazing )
    Won the CL ; road to glory was difficult but well deserved hard fought and fully earned.
    CUP - Lost the semis at 89 minute of the second leg. stats were on my side but its okay. It wasnt our day, period.
    All the teams were +/- 10% my team quality.

Talking about defense -
    I played almost two-third of the season with 1 99% quality DC and 1 4 star DC. GK was 5 star ( around 80% ).
    Conclusions arrived at -
    -) Having a 6 star GK instead of a 5 star GK wont impact your season much.
    -) 4 star DC was getting good ratings ( >7 sometimes 8 too ) so he might be a good player to invest in
    -) But the most important thing is if you are hunting for a treble then you might want to have a 6 star gk and better quality defenders.
    -) opponents' shot efficiency was quite high in the games that i lost or drew. so it might be indicating that my defense still has problem.
    Last edited by Hunter; 03-19-2019 at 06:29 AM.
    iptables likes this.

Exactly that. The shot efficiency %. You are the first person I see, who is taking this stat seriously into attention.
    Also, Hunter, this counts for the Shots on target I believe ? Meaning, "we might have holes in our def" ?
    Im just trying to better understand the stats during and after a match, so I can investigate my team's weak point and work on it
    TAFIDA likes this.
    !!! And From The Ashes He Was Reborn !!!

Red Kelpie FC 's hopes for the League took a tumble after the referee reduced them to 9 men in a 0-1 home loss against a team they should have beaten comfortably. After the match the manager said " troll result ? No just an overzealous referee who got some decisions wrong and it might cost us the League title in the end. If you want to win the League you cant afford home results like this". When asked if he would modify team tactics because of the send offs the manager said "it might be a one off so we will wait to see if its an emerging trend. I must admit though that this season we have had more send offs in half a season than the whole of last seasons treble winning effort".
    iptables likes this.
    LEAGUE WINNER 8
    LEAGUE RUNNER UP 5
    CUP WINNER 4
    CUP RUNNER UP 4
    C.L. WINNER 2
    C.L. RUNNER UP 4
    TREBLES 1
    SUPER CUP WINNER 2
    CUP DOUBLES 3
    CUP TREBLES 1

Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    And this is the formation that makes my team play fluid...

Ive a team with many well programmed players... Nakache scores from FKs and if the AML who's a key player dont score, appear the AMR or the ST, so let's see.

and yeah, 2 op. players but the team play better with the DL as DC and the AMC as MC.

Attachment 119450
    Wrong move Khris, those players playing outside their main roles will incur yellow and red cards depending on how fierce and good your opponent is.
    The Nebuchadnezzar exploring T11

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast