Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Video advertising VS Monthly Card: Which is more profitable

Video advertising VS Monthly Card: Which is more profitable

So i spoke to a friend in advertising and read abit online and it seems every video we watch could be paying Nordeus anywhere between US 20 cents to a dollar. Being conservative and using the base rate of 20 cent and assuming we only watch 30 videos per day. That amounts to US 168 per season.

I seriously paid alot to Nordeus if so. And i reckon Nordeus wants people to watch vids and train players rather than use negotiations to get fully trained players. Makes them more money. They probably did the maths and found that the players who quit will not bring in as much money as compared to the increased need for greens and training (watching vids) among remaining players.

They arent stupid, bet they are making more now that nego is gone.
    TAFIDA likes this.

Famous
    In the good old days of 2015 we were able to watch 100 (one hundred) videos a day.
    Do the math on that!
    Richie72 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Altiplano View Post
    In the good old days of 2015 we were able to watch 100 (one hundred) videos a day.
    Do the math on that!
    Maybe they stopped it cause it wasnt very competitive and many players left leading to less vids watched in total or advertisers were complaining. I seriously doubt Nordeus would reject money unless they find a better alternative or advertisers threaten to cut them off.

We contributed to this ������
    Video advertising VS Monthly Card: Which is more profitable-screenshot_2019-03-18-15-21-55-194_com.android.browser.jpg
    Last edited by EastsiderSG; 03-18-2019 at 07:25 AM. Reason: autocorrect errors

Do the math on that!
    So true. I remember farming videos at 100-150 per day. Good times.
    Richie72 and Altiplano like this.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

Famous
    I have had no videos for the last 3 days (including the x2 training bonus), no money getting made off of me!

Quote Originally Posted by EastsiderSG View Post
    So i spoke to a friend in advertising and read abit online and it seems every video we watch could be paying Nordeus anywhere between US 20 cents to a dollar. Being conservative and using the base rate of 20 cent and assuming we only watch 30 videos per day. That amounts to US 168 per season.

I seriously paid alot to Nordeus if so. And i reckon Nordeus wants people to watch vids and train players rather than use negotiations to get fully trained players. Makes them more money. They probably did the maths and found that the players who quit will not bring in as much money as compared to the increased need for greens and training (watching vids) among remaining players.

They arent stupid, bet they are making more now that nego is gone.
    Not sure who you've been talking to but those numbers look way off. A more realistic figure would be $0.20 - $1.00 per thousand viewings of an advert, and even those might be on the high side. So you're several orders of magnitude out.

I've no doubt Nordeus balance the availability of ads with the effect on the game and how much they get paid per advert. Advertisers will also measure the effectiveness of adverts (how many times have you clicked an advert and downloaded the app or bought the product it was advertising... probably not many) which will influence how much Nordeus gets paid for the ads.
    Richie72 and Altiplano like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo_Mansio View Post
    Not sure who you've been talking to but those numbers look way off. A more realistic figure would be $0.20 - $1.00 per thousand viewings of an advert, and even those might be on the high side. So you're several orders of magnitude out.

I've no doubt Nordeus balance the availability of ads with the effect on the game and how much they get paid per advert. Advertisers will also measure the effectiveness of adverts (how many times have you clicked an advert and downloaded the app or bought the product it was advertising... probably not many) which will influence how much Nordeus gets paid for the ads.
    Lol, 1000 viewings for US 1 dollar? You got a very good deal if so. Am not sure where your figures come from but it is definitely not so little here in Singapore. Our GDP per capita may be 8th but UK at 22nd shouldnt be that cheap either. I could google and put some links here but i am sure you are more interested in proving a point that Nordeus will be poorer without negotiations and the lost of so many players.

Well, only Nordeus knows if they are making less. If so, you can be hopeful for the return of negotiations. No organisation would make decisions that would lower long term profitability. And the people at Nordeus are intelligent enough or have enough money to hire research panels and focus groups to know whats best for the game. After all, all founders at Nordeus were from Microsoft
    Last edited by EastsiderSG; 03-18-2019 at 10:07 PM.

Do the math on that!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1311 View Post
    So true. I remember farming videos at 100-150 per day. Good times.
    I guess all you old birds must be sitting on like 5 digit greens in storage.
    Only hardcore gamers could win during that era. Times have changed 😁
    TAFIDA and dave1311 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gogs67 View Post
    I have had no videos for the last 3 days (including the x2 training bonus), no money getting made off of me!
    Oh you poor thing. Which country is that? I need to make sure i do not visit that country for holidays lol
    TAFIDA likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EastsiderSG View Post
    I guess all you old birds must be sitting on like 5 digit greens in storage.
    Only hardcore gamers could win during that era. Times have changed
    I can tell you that back at 2014-15, 7* teams were very-very rare.
    dave1311, TAFIDA and Rutger0 like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast