Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Top of your server or near top

Top of your server or near top

Hi all, i need to be enlightened.
    A few questions for our very respectable seniors in the game.

1) Do you play the same teams every season and if no, does manipulation of draws still work?
    2) Is it only the top level that plays the same level over and over again? or are a few levels affected? Top 3 levels maybe?
    3) What is the average quality of teams at the top few levels of the server?
    4) Are all players active at the top few levels of the server?
    5) If many are active and everyone adds everyone as friend since they are always playing each other anyway, how do you decide who to support when they play against each other?

Dunno if i will have the perseverance and motivation to get there but i am just curious at this stage.
    I hope you take some time to answer me

Quote Originally Posted by EastsiderSG View Post
    Hi all, i need to be enlightened.
    A few questions for our very respectable seniors in the game.

1) Do you play the same teams every season and if no, does manipulation of draws still work?
    2) Is it only the top level that plays the same level over and over again? or are a few levels affected? Top 3 levels maybe?
    3) What is the average quality of teams at the top few levels of the server?
    4) Are all players active at the top few levels of the server?
    5) If many are active and everyone adds everyone as friend since they are always playing each other anyway, how do you decide who to support when they play against each other?

Dunno if i will have the perseverance and motivation to get there but i am just curious at this stage.
    I hope you take some time to answer me
    1) Yes always more or less the same people and no, draw manipulation doesn't work because there are not many inactive teams. (It stops working well at level 40 to 50 in my experience)
    This means it works a bit. You don't get abandoned teams as opponents, but if you have a weak team yourself you tend to get the weakest possible opposition in league. There is only 1 CL and cup for every around 3 levels though, so you can't manipulate this much in these 2 competitions.
    2) On my server the top plays the same level every 3 seasons. So 2 season the top also gets promoted and then 1 season there are maybe not enough players, thats why they are forced to tank so that others can catch up.
    3) It is very different from server to server. I know one server, where a friend plays, where there are several 150+% teams (mostly still due to friendly bug) and servers there are only 1 or 2 teams in that region. But top of the server is generally the place where all the good players meet.
    4) They have to be, if they not finish top 8 they will eventually fall off top server and need 3 more seasons to catch them again. So activity is very high in high levels, especially top of the server.
    5) If both are my friend, I support no one. But I don't add this many friends ingame.
    Last edited by Der_Ryan_M; 03-27-2019 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    1) Yes always more or less the same people and no, draw manipulation doesn't work because there are not many inactive teams. (It stops working well at level 40 to 50 in my experience)
    This means it works a bit. You don't get abandoned teams as opponents, but if you have a weak team yourself you tend to get the weakest possible opposition in league. There is only 1 CL and cup for every around 3 levels though, so you can't manipulate this much in these 2 competitions.
    2) On my server the top plays the same level every 3 seasons. So 2 season the top also gets promoted and then 1 season there are maybe not enough players, thats why they are forced to tank so that others can catch up.
    3) It is very different from server to server. I know one server, where a friend plays, where there are several 150+% teams (mostly still due to friendly bug) and servers there are only 1 or 2 teams in that region. But top of the server is generally the place where all the good players meet.
    4) They have to be, if they not finish top 8 they will eventually fall off top server and need 3 more seasons to catch them again. So activity is very high in high levels, especially top of the server.
    5) If both are my friend, I support no one. But I don't add this many friends ingame.
    Thank you for taking the time to answer me
    2 out of 3 seasons getting promoted at the top is better than i expected.
    1 CL and Cup to cover 3 Levels!! How to win?!?!
    It sounds like getting top 8 is already an accomplishment!
    I guess greens and tokens are way more precious at those levels, gonna save up!
    Last edited by EastsiderSG; 03-27-2019 at 04:27 PM.
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

Thank you for taking the time to answer me
    2 out of 3 seasons getting promoted at the top is better than i expected.
    1 CL and Cup to cover 3 Levels!! How to win?!?!
    It sounds like getting top 8 is already an accomplishment!
    I guess greens and tokens are way more precious at those levels, gonna save up!
    You can only win CL or cup if you have an extremely good team or no +2 level opponents. When you promote and top level doesn't you rise up in the cup, so for example if there is currently a cup for level 60-62 and you are 61 and top of the server doesn't promote, there is a good chance that the cup stays around 60-62 and you are then 62 and get worse opponents from low levels.
    Top 8 is managable for an active player. My goal is always top 4, but I'm not right at top of the server yet, 6 more levels.

What level are you currently? It is worth saving some ressources until you are top of the server to be able to stay there, but if you are 6 levels away from that like me, it takes you around 18 more months if you always promote...

Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    You can only win CL or cup if you have an extremely good team or no +2 level opponents. When you promote and top level doesn't you rise up in the cup, so for example if there is currently a cup for level 60-62 and you are 61 and top of the server doesn't promote, there is a good chance that the cup stays around 60-62 and you are then 62 and get worse opponents from low levels.
    Top 8 is managable for an active player. My goal is always top 4, but I'm not right at top of the server yet, 6 more levels.

What level are you currently? It is worth saving some ressources until you are top of the server to be able to stay there, but if you are 6 levels away from that like me, it takes you around 18 more months if you always promote...
    Am only level 14. I think the highest on my server now is only 66. Even so, thats 4 years away to reach the current peak. It will take forever! My hats off to you guys who are still so motivated after years of playing going through all the changes and adjusting acordingly! I guess other than tokens and greens, even blues run out at high levels since competition is so stiff and everyone wants to put the best possible team out there. On the bright side, it does sound exciting to have active competition but it gets boring if its the same opponents season after season. I guess it is also very obvious whenever they merge servers at high levels? All of a sudden, new teams! Exciting all over again!

Famous
    Am only level 14. I think the highest on my server now is only 66. Even so, thats 4 years away to reach the current peak. It will take forever! My hats off to you guys who are still so motivated after years of playing going through all the changes and adjusting acordingly! I guess other than tokens and greens, even blues run out at high levels since competition is so stiff and everyone wants to put the best possible team out there. On the bright side, it does sound exciting to have active competition but it gets boring if its the same opponents season after season. I guess it is also very obvious whenever they merge servers at high levels? All of a sudden, new teams! Exciting all over again!
    I'm currently level 46, the top of my server is level 66. I'm catching up 1 level every 3 seasons. So 20 (level difference between me and top of server) multiplied by 3 ( number of seasons to catch up by 1 level) = 60. Sixty more seasons to reach the top of my server? 5 more years?!
    And until now they (Nordeus) are unable to merge servers. So, once at the top it's the same old, same old every season.
    khris and EastsiderSG like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Altiplano View Post
    I'm currently level 46, the top of my server is level 66. I'm catching up 1 level every 3 seasons. So 20 (level difference between me and top of server) multiplied by 3 ( number of seasons to catch up by 1 level) = 60. Sixty more seasons to reach the top of my server? 5 more years?!
    And until now they (Nordeus) are unable to merge servers. So, once at the top it's the same old, same old every season.
    They really should merge every servers every once in a while. Doesnt it benefit them as well, like easier to manage. Same old and tough competition non stop, i think there will be seasons i buy players then afk esp if i predict no promotion.

- After some level, maybe 12-15, you play almost with the same teams.
    But only 8 teams promote to the next level so every season you have 8 +6 new.
    Of course if those teams keep the same quality.

- You 'll never reach the top of your server unless you 'll continue playing the next 10 years and everyone else above quit the game.
    Last edited by Ποσιδονας; 03-28-2019 at 01:02 PM.
    EastsiderSG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Altiplano View Post
    March 31 for servers merging, so yeah we had somethinglike this 2 years ago or 3 and we hope that this time the servers will go more fluid

Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    March 31 for servers merging, so yeah we had somethinglike this 2 years ago or 3 and we hope that this time the servers will go more fluid
    Wow so next season servers will get merged????? :O
    khris likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast