Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: When To Buy Players?

Rookie

When To Buy Players?

i will be going into Level 4 next season. but i wanna buy 2-3 more players as my current squad will each lose a star

is the right time to buy on Day 1 of the new season? and i should always look for stars ending in 4 or 9 right ?
    kaukasgr likes this.

I second that question. I've always wondered how that worked myself..
    sports_fan39 and kaukasgr like this.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sports_fan39 View Post
    i will be going into Level 4 next season. but i wanna buy 2-3 more players as my current squad will each lose a star

is the right time to buy on Day 1 of the new season? and i should always look for stars ending in 4 or 9 right ?
    Depends on how many tokens you buy tbh. If you can afford to go into bidding wars, buy scouts, pay top dollar in negotiations then wait til day one of next season.

If, like me your on a budget of tokens id buy them in the last few days. Ive had success with 4/5 * players so far so ill buy high end 4* players and above these last few days, theyll either go into next season as 5* players or a few points away from 4. (level 4 is still a piece of piss btw)

Banned

It depends on how many tokens you have, how many you want to spend, and how well you want to do.

I am lvl 4 now and looked forward to negotiations. What a disappointment. Negotiations are most likely better in higher levels in my opinion at this moment. Why? Because you have all these other level 4 managers after your best players and you only have other level 4 managers to get players from and most of these players are their best players and they want to keep them. You have to hope you find a Tommy token on the Neg list and hope you can persuade him to part with his **** players, which are most likely better than yours.

My advice:

1) only buy in 1st days of season if you see a "must-have" or you are in desperate need of a replacement. You will be up against soooooo many players who want to upgrade their players and the auction list is a token-spending orgy and worse as you get up higher levels I hear.
    2) buy in mid-season as you have more time to add skill for the loss of the * at the start of the new season.
    3) look for deals at the end of the season because some higher level managers upgrade as they progress in CL and cup in order to have a better chance to win. But typically dont buy unless it is a great deal. a good deal is not enough since you lose a *.

All that to say, there is never a best time to buy players, but the start of the season is the worst, for the most part.
    Yinhung likes this.

Rookie
    well this is my squad now: i know its pretty light, i wanna buy players next season on day 1"

When To Buy Players?-untitled.jpg

i need another 2-3 defender and a striker i know

Banned
    you need another MC, another 2 STs, one with freekick and one with 1v1 if you can and an AML. a DC with aerial would be advised as well.
    kaukasgr likes this.

Rookie
    yea if i could get all of those (with quality ending in 4 or 9 on day 1 next season i will be happy )

i will be getting 3m for league finish and about 500-600k for CL finish, so that should be enough to get those positions you mentioned

Dreamer

buy player only when u have token

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Macquarie Uni View Post
    buy player only when u have token
    Check his team....he has tokens, and what looks like better players than me and I am a level higher.

Rookie
    how do i do screenshots?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast