Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much do players' value drop every new season?

How much do players' value drop every new season?

Hello everyone, I'm pretty new to this game and I have a question.

I'm about to head into my third season and I'm clearing stock to raise funds for the shopping spree I plan to have when the new season starts. I sold almost all my subs with value and now I'm left with choosing which young first teamers I want to get rid to get cash and which I want to develop further. My squad now has 18 players and I guess I can sell a couple more with 3 games remaining. My placing in the standings is more or less guaranteed so I don't need a very strong team.

So my question is, how much do players' value drop after each season? especially the young ones.

I'm ready to sell some 18-22 year olds and in my level, they are worth about 600k-1 mil with ratings between 17-21. (3-4 stars)

And how do you guys decide which young players to keep? Currently, I have 4 19-21 year olds with ratings above 22 (4-5stars, including my best player "a local born and bred midfield powerhouse/top scorer&assist/future captain&legend = steven gerrard") and I plan to keep these 4. Or should I sell ALL my young players (below age 22) and just buy older, higher rating players and only start to invest in young players in higher divisions? (maybe level 4?)

Lastly, how many seasons did your young players last whom you had since level 1?

Oh ****, I wanted to just ask 1 question
    Last edited by yawnyawns; 05-01-2013 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yawnyawns View Post
    Oh ****, I wanted to just ask 1 question
    Well, you failed miserably :-)

Last season my values dropped by about 15% going from Level 1 to Level 2 - I'm waiting to see if that rate stays the same as I move up into Level 3 next season (my squad has an average age of around 22, so that may have some influence)

I didn't look at individual player values for that calculation, just overall squad value, but it seemed to about the same for everyone

To answer your second question I always try to keep the younger players, usually prioritising the most expensive ones, because their value will grow fastest with training (and usually they train faster as well). That means even if they go down in value between seasons, they will usually be up to the same value as before within a week

You need to find out how well your players train - I had a few that weren't good enough for my first team last year, but have trained so fast in a season and a half that they are now very strong reserves in a team that is packed with 6* players (growth of about 5-7 quality in one season without power training)

If you're Level 1, then players worth close to £1m are most likely to be your best trainers and will keep going up in skill and value. The caveat to that is if you have 3* or low 4* players at that value, they will be low quality for you next season so you might want to consider selling now while their value is high so you are ready to replace at the start of next season. But keep your highest 4* players and your 5*

There are (on my server at least) a lot of bargains around at the moment as people are selling off players they don't need for next season, so it's also worth a look to see if you can get some high rated 5* players that you can easily train to be 5* for next season (your players will lose a *)

I have read guides on this forum suggesting that getting older players with higher quality but lower cost is a good option on the low levels. I disagree completely. Young players train faster and their value goes up faster - only buy oldies if you have to fill a spot in the squad and your cash is really low
    Last edited by SimplySimon; 05-01-2013 at 11:32 PM.
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Season 1: League Champions (no Cup or CL)

Season 2: League Champions, Cup silver medal, CL silver medal

Season 3: League Champions, CL bronze medal

Season 4: League bronze medal, CL winner, Cup winner

I have a Level 1 non-token buying side, so to give an example of what I'm doing with one player on that team - I have a guy who is 18yo, 4*/Q20 and worth £1.47m and I'll try to sell him before the end of the season (in fact, after the cup final)

The reason is that although he is one of my most expensive players and a fast trainer, he is a low quality 4* (the decision would be different if he was Q24). My quality limit in the transfer market for that team next year will be Q29, and I know I can get a better player who will still be a fast trainer for a similar amount of money in the new season
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

well, you're lucky. You seem to have a good transfer market to play with. In my level 2 account I hardly see any players with ratings above 23!!

I have read guides on this forum suggesting that getting older players with higher quality but lower cost is a good option on the low levels. I disagree completely. Young players train faster and their value goes up faster
    While you have a valid point, there can be exceptions where selling a young player can greatly benefit you. For example, I sold off a 18 year old defender with 17 rating (he was in my first team) for 700k and with that I bought a 22 rated defender to replace the youngster plus a 24 rated CM. Both were 30 years old but they improved my squad greatly. So I lost an up and coming defender, but I replaced him with a much improved player for instant impact and also getting another strong player to plug a previously big hole in my team. I guess it boils down to what role you want your younger players to have in your team, and choosing between short and long term benefits.

If what you say about values dropping about 15% is true, I think I will not sell off my better young players this season, thanks!

Dreamer
    about 20-30%

Sell him now and replace him with an older (26+) 4* or better 5* player when the new season starts. But take care to have a working starting 11 when next season starts (the transfer market will be a mess and so far it got worse each level).

Founded: January, 16th 2013
    League level: 20
    "We are no cup team, we are a pub team"

- FCK stories from time to time, when I look around. -

Addicted
    Will be selling some players at the end of the season so I can try and get more money for them now than when they lose value in the new season. Will consider selling either tomorrow or after my early match on the final day.
    Rhondda Rovers (The Rebirth) - Season 5, Level 3

Career Progress:

League Titles - 3
    Cup Winners - 1
    Champions League Winners - 1

Quote Originally Posted by yawnyawns View Post
    While you have a valid point, there can be exceptions where selling a young player can greatly benefit you. For example, I sold off a 18 year old defender with 17 rating (he was in my first team) for 700k and with that I bought a 22 rated defender to replace the youngster plus a 24 rated CM. Both were 30 years old but they improved my squad greatly. So I lost an up and coming defender, but I replaced him with a much improved player for instant impact and also getting another strong player to plug a previously big hole in my team. I guess it boils down to what role you want your younger players to have in your team, and choosing between short and long term benefits.
    Like I said, if the youngster isn't good enough then sell - even a super fast trainer won't develop quickly enough to justify being low quality
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird Hewitt View Post
    Will be selling some players at the end of the season so I can try and get more money for them now than when they lose value in the new season. Will consider selling either tomorrow or after my early match on the final day.
    That's what I did last year but this year and I am trying a different strategy. Sell them in the beginning of the season and hope that the loss of value is replaced by many bids from lower level managers in the 'early season madness'.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by magic3 View Post
    That's what I did last year but this year and I am trying a different strategy. Sell them in the beginning of the season and hope that the loss of value is replaced by many bids from lower level managers in the 'early season madness'.
    Mine are 2* Q27 and 18yo, 2* Q29 and 27yo and 3* Q31 and 23yo. In other words, they are **** and unlucky to cause that much of a rush at level 6.

Hoping next season will be the time where my backup 11 is almost as strong as my starting 11 (a couple are as strong, but the others have quite a big quality gap).
    Rhondda Rovers (The Rebirth) - Season 5, Level 3

Career Progress:

League Titles - 3
    Cup Winners - 1
    Champions League Winners - 1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast