Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By VFK
  • 1 Post By VFK
  • 1 Post By milpol
  • 1 Post By julien12
  • 1 Post By Seeker85
  • 1 Post By Hejst

Thread: Playmaker more useful than thought?

VFK
    Rookie

Playmaker more useful than thought?

You all have probably seen that when a goal where the playmaker provides the last pass has been scored (even though he doesn't usually get the assist), the playmaker symbol appears on him, signaling that he has had an influence on the goal.

This is not a new thing. But previously I saw this maybe a couple of times in a season, now in the last few weeks it has become very common. Have you noticed the same? Many people tend to consider the playmaker ability quite useless, but if they are indeed involved in so many goals, it actually seems pretty good.
    milpol, julien12, Seeker85 and 1 others like this.

VFK
    Rookie
    If you agree with me that the appearing of the symbol has become way more frequent and playmakers now look pretty useful, would you consider that:

1) The game engine has been altered to make the special ability have more effect
    2) Playmaker has always been good and we just didn't notice before their effect because they don't usually get the assist
    3) Playmaker is useless and the appearing symbol is just cosmetics, the special ability doesn't actually influence the goals

Imo it's probably 2, could also be 3, but 1 would be very unlikely.
    julien12 likes this.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by VFK View Post
    If you agree with me that the appearing of the symbol has become way more frequent and playmakers now look pretty useful, would you consider that:

1) The game engine has been altered to make the special ability have more effect
    2) Playmaker has always been good and we just didn't notice before their effect because they don't usually get the assist
    3) Playmaker is useless and the appearing symbol is just cosmetics, the special ability doesn't actually influence the goals

Best Buy one and see then lol - haven't bothered for seasons with one tbh

I agree with the second opinion
    ars86 likes this.
    For official in-game help please refer to Top Eleven Support here.
    I upload top eleven content on my YouTube Channel.

Addicted
    propably its different for each team.i havent noticed anything changing with my playmaker.
    but it sure depends on your team.per say the same playmaker in my team not working and in your's could be one of the MVP's.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by VFK View Post

I agree with the first point. I have also noticed recently that the playmaker icon comes on more frequently. Perhaps in the past it was working but just not lighting up. Anyway, it definitely seems to be more of a factor now and I've adjusted my starters accordingly (I only have one but I play him more often now).
    VFK likes this.

Apprentice
    It seems that this ability has been improved possibly, with minor match engine adjustments, whilst the free kick ability seems to have been nerfed somewhat. My AML and FK Taker with FK SA has scored 658 goals in 496 appearances. Many of them were free kicks. He would score usually 50% or more of his free kicks. If we had one, I would know we had a good chance to score, but now, I watch it sail over, wide, or hit a curler that the keeper brilliantly saves and he may score 1/10. He can’t go from that success rate to being awful in one season. It seems it has changed. His finishing and shooting are 340% and 185%. He is just victim of developer changes. You could say that his previous success rate was unrealistic as I’m sure were many other similar players, and that it adds balance but definitely seems like FK SA has been nerfed and possibly playmaker improved.

Either way, still annoying that my DmC playmaker doesn’t get credited with an assist after a superb ball over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    VFK likes this.

Rookie
    I don't think that they nerfed the freekick SA. They might have, but that same thing happened to my best player, but he don't have freekick SA. He's a shadow striker. Last season was already quite weak. This season has been even worse. His stats were something like 60+40 before, now he is struggling to get 10 goals this season. Last season he got about 20 goals. Age 27, average quality is still about 120%, finishing way over 300%, shooting 180%+ and grey skills went all down to 1% after last season. No tricks used, basic training from the age of 18.

I think they have done something against mutants and it has something to do with the difference between white and grey skills. My whole last season wasn't that good. I had weird problems against way weaker teams. This term I have trained some grey skills and at least it seems like it has helped some of my players with low grey skills and also my whole team. I can't be sure that the problem is there, but it seems to work for me.
    Seeker85 likes this.

Rookie
    Right after I wrote that message above, I changed my formation back to one I used a couple of seasons ago. Now three league games later, above mentioned player made something like 3 goals per game and rating 10. He used to score where ever he played, but maybe he grew into that one role as he got older

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Hejst View Post
    I don't think that they nerfed the freekick SA. They might have, but that same thing happened to my best player, but he don't have freekick SA. He's a shadow striker. Last season was already quite weak. This season has been even worse. His stats were something like 60+40 before, now he is struggling to get 10 goals this season. Last season he got about 20 goals. Age 27, average quality is still about 120%, finishing way over 300%, shooting 180%+ and grey skills went all down to 1% after last season. No tricks used, basic training from the age of 18.

I think they have done something against mutants and it has something to do with the difference between white and grey skills. My whole last season wasn't that good. I had weird problems against way weaker teams. This term I have trained some grey skills and at least it seems like it has helped some of my players with low grey skills and also my whole team. I can't be sure that the problem is there, but it seems to work for me.
    Iv done the same regarding training greys. Luckily, most of my team (through similar training to yours) were in their teens and early 20’s so I trained greys at a rate of 6-8 skill points per session. It was crazy. I was having exactly the same problems as you observed. My players with high whites and single figure greys seemed seriously affected. I sorted the problem out like you did, training greys only, improved my overall rating and won every league game after that but the leader didn’t have any early season problems as his players were just average looking, scout type players who already had greys almost matching his white skills throughout his players.

You could be right about it just being mutants nerfed. Il find out next season as the player in question I plan to retire from first team and let him retire on the bench over the next few years. Il replace him with an 18yr old AML, train FK SA and i suppose il find out from there. He’s the ‘weakest’ overall in my team but had the best individual stats and has been an absolute legend until slowing down last, and seeming average this season. He would usually have 35-40 goals now but has 23.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk