Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Need an advice please :/

Need an advice please :/

Hi everybody, I want an advice. I usually play 4-4-2 classic but since my only MR got injured yesterday I have to remove my ML too and change the formation. The upcoming match is very importand (CL final) and my opponent is using 4-4-2 classic. So since I can't use any wingers (ML,MR) I'm thinking of 5-3-2 or 4-3-3. I'll probably start with 5-3-2 and depending on the game's progress if I need a goal I'll change to 4-3-3. But first I want to ask you, is 5-3-2 (without ML,MR) a good formation to counter 4-4-2? And should I focus my passing through the middle? (I suppose middle is the 3 central lanes)

Banned
    Do you not have any AML/AMR?

You can play with no MR. Just play with either an AMR or with an extra MC, or go with a DMR

------ST---ST------
    ----------------AMR-
    -ML---MC-MC-------
    --------------------
    -DL---DC--DC----DR-

------ST---ST------
    --------------------
    -ML--MC-MC-MC----
    --------------------
    -DL---DC--DC----DR-

------ST---ST------
    --------------------
    -ML---MC-MC-------
    ----------------DML-
    -DL---DC--DC----DR-

------ST---ST------
    ----------------AMR-
    -ML-MC-MC-MC----- <-----I prefer this with AMR or DMR. outnumber him in the midfield.
    --------------------
    ----DC--DC--DC----

Nothing in this game says you have to be symmetrical. You have many options still, just be creative and cover your ass to make sure you are sound defensively.

My whole squad is adjusted for 4-4-2 so, no AM-DM. If I have only one winger in one side, I don't know, it just seems α bit wrong :/
    I may put him at some point but not from the start But, how about 5-3-2, 4-3-3, what do you think?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGunners View Post
    My whole squad is adjusted for 4-4-2 so, no AM-DM. If I have only one winger in one side, I don't know, it just seems α bit wrong :/
    I may put him at some point but not from the start But, how about 5-3-2, 4-3-3, what do you think?
    I never, ever play with either of those 2 formations, so i could not tell you. regardless of either formation, you will not have the majority of possession unless your quality is much better. I prefer to equal or better an opponent in the midfield for possession and chances.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    I never, ever play with either of those 2 formations, so i could not tell you. regardless of either formation, you will not have the majority of possession unless your quality is much better. I prefer to equal or better an opponent in the midfield for possession and chances.

Good luck
    Thanks

I had the same issues earlier this season. Mostly I just played with three central midfielders and one wide man - it looks awkward, but it worked really well and meant I didn't have to adjust too much. Then I would swap in a striker for the wide man if I needed a goal

If you have DMR/L then 5-3-2 with wingbacks is a great formation, but a flat back 5 isn't as good IMO - when I play this I have red arrows on the wingbacks and the middle MC, with central attacking tactics
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Season 1: League Champions (no Cup or CL)

Season 2: League Champions, Cup silver medal, CL silver medal

Season 3: League Champions, CL bronze medal

Season 4: League bronze medal, CL winner, Cup winner

Quote Originally Posted by SimplySimon View Post
    I had the same issues earlier this season. Mostly I just played with three central midfielders and one wide man - it looks awkward, but it worked really well and meant I didn't have to adjust too much. Then I would swap in a striker for the wide man if I needed a goal

If you have DMR/L then 5-3-2 with wingbacks is a great formation, but a flat back 5 isn't as good IMO - when I play this I have red arrows on the wingbacks and the middle MC, with central attacking tactics
    Hmm.. seems I'll use my ML then and instead of MR I'll put an MC but not on the wrong position and if something goes wrong I'll change accordingly..

Hmm.. seems I'll use my ML then and instead of MR I'll put an MC but not on the wrong position and if something goes wrong I'll change accordingly..
    Isn't that illegal?

Mate, do you have DMR + DML?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    Isn't that illegal?

Mate, do you have DMR + DML?
    No its not illegal, and no he said already he has no DM or AM.

Playing a player out of position is not the same as playing an illegal formation.

I meant 1 winger + 3 centre mids.

DMC isn't the same as DML, DMR.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast