Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Need an advice please :/

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    I meant 1 winger + 3 centre mids.

DMC isn't the same as DML, DMR.
    Well I said DM(defensive midfielder = DML/DMC/DMR) and AM(attacking midfielder = AML/AMC/AMR)

He has none.

Again, 1 winger and 3 central anything is not illegal, just asymmetrical. As long as he has any player on the left wing and any player on the right wing he will be ok with any player in any position except GK apparently.

Again, Nordeus has never confirmed any of this for whatever reason.

I meant 1 winger + 3 centre mids.

DMC isn't the same as DML, DMR.
    Well, as Cracicot said and as I mentioned before, I have no AML-AMC-AMR neither DML-DMC-DMR and it isn't an illegal formation because I have a DR and he covers the right side. One the left side however, I will have 2 players covering the side so that's pretty much the problem, that the formation is not symmetrical. Do I lose any possession by the way?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGunners View Post
    Well, as Cracicot said and as I mentioned before, I have no AML-AMC-AMR neither DML-DMC-DMR and it isn't an illegal formation because I have a DR and he covers the right side. One the left side however, I will have 2 players covering the side so that's pretty much the problem, that the formation is not symmetrical. Do I lose any possession by the way?
    No, as long as you have a legal formation, you can play an asymmetrical formation without penalty.

Sorry, as long as you have 3 midfield players of any type, 1 striker, 3 defense of any type and one player on the left wing and one on the right, you are ok according to the research done on illegal formations.

all that to say, as long as you have your DR and DL, you are ok.
    Last edited by cracicot; 05-03-2013 at 06:14 PM.

I've had a lot of success with 4-3-3 this season. 3 good strikers, 2 good central midfielders and then one dude just filling a gap was enough to win several games. Plus of course an almighty defence and superstar goalie, combined with the infamous NGE randomisation.

One last question, defensive mentality with long balls means less possession? Should I use it only with stronger opponents or it works with weaker too? I mean, I still make plenty of chances, right?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGunners View Post
    One last question, defensive mentality with long balls means less possession? Should I use it only with stronger opponents or it works with weaker too? I mean, I still make plenty of chances, right?
    The quality of your team makes little difference if you put defensive with a defensive formation. If you are stronger, you should be attacking as long as your ass is covered.

Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    The quality of your team makes little difference if you put defensive with a defensive formation. If you are stronger, you should be attacking as long as your ass is covered.
    Hmm.. thank you for your help, I hope everything goes well

Ok, post your result and statistics after the match. Post your possession.

If you have a DR you have to have a DL or DML if you have a ML you have to have a MR or AMR.

That's my understanding anyway.

Banned

If you have a DR you have to have a DL or DML if you have a ML you have to have a MR or AMR.

No sir, as long as you have one player anywhere on the left wing and one player anywhere on the right wing, you are good to go.

If I see that something doesn't go well, I will substitute my ML. I have been in the same situation before but I was playing with much weaker opposition so I couldn't end up in a conclusion. That's why I'm asking for help here.
    El Pistolero likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast