Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Best defence in the league but finished 8th!

Rookie

Best defence in the league but finished 8th!

Admin, stick this in tactics if you think it needs to be there, wasn't sure. So Level 5 this season and had a bizarre season. I can't score goals despite having a decent enough side. I'm 8th with the best defence in the League. 104% is my overall rating and that's the same or better than everyone above me except the guy who's top. I've tried loads of different formations, I've tried arrows, I've tried no arrows!

If the attachment works, the screenshots below show the following;

-My Current formation
    -My current tactics
    -My current team lineup stats
    -One of my old formations
    -The second of my old formations

Bizarrely I had the best guy in the league to play today. He's already won the league but fielded his top team. Rated 124%, and I ruddy beat him 2-0!!!! I used one of my old formations you can see below that has 2 strikers.

Any guys on the higher levels who have been playing a while got any tips? Seems my players are good enough, but I just can't score goals. The amount of 0-0's or 1-0 defeats I've had has been ridiculous!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Best defence in the league but finished 8th!-current-formation.jpg   Best defence in the league but finished 8th!-current-tactics.jpg   Best defence in the league but finished 8th!-team-stats.jpg   Best defence in the league but finished 8th!-previous-formation1.jpg   Best defence in the league but finished 8th!-previous-formation2.jpg  

khris likes this.

Approved post*

Btw, always, always, High pressing and Man to Man defense style.^^ these 2 options have the bonus applied in exchange of condition.

Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    Btw, always, always, High pressing and Man to Man defense style.^^ these 2 options have the bonus applied in exchange of condition.
    What bonus applied?

Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    What bonus applied?
    Don't you remember in September 2015? there was an update, and suddenly these 2 options had a condition usage increasing in exchnage of one attacking and a defensive bonus applied, but everybody started using them always and it was consuming the 50% or more of the condition per match so, after just a week, the condition consumption was reduced and the bonuses stayed there.
    And they still there. You know preety well that this game isn'tn tactical, there's no strict sens about how to use a MtM or Zonal making, or low pressure/high.
    Otherwise it would be "very clear" what to do in each case at this point, after 9 yerars of TE.

So, all, all here are just options, in ON-OFF so that can matter or not in a match scenario. One day will save you the win bonus, another the condition will be in OFF and you'll win without condition, etc and, in the case of these 2 options, they increase the chances as the training bonuses do when you train them till 10%, is a perceptible advantadge really in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    Don't you remember in September 2015? there was an update, and suddenly these 2 options had a condition usage increasing in exchnage of one attacking and a defensive bonus applied, but everybody started using them always and it was consuming the 50% or more of the condition per match so, after just a week, the condition consumption was reduced and the bonuses stayed there.
    And they still there. You know preety well that this game isn'tn tactical, there's no strict sens about how to use a MtM or Zonal making, or low pressure/high.
    Otherwise it would be "very clear" what to do in each case at this point, after 9 yerars of TE.

So, all, all here are just options, in ON-OFF so that can matter or not in a match scenario. One day will save you the win bonus, another the condition will be in OFF and you'll win without condition, etc and, in the case of these 2 options, they increase the chances as the training bonuses do when you train them till 10%, is a perceptible advantadge really in that case.
    Hm okay, I almost never use man to man or high pressing. It just takes more condition and when I tried it, I didn't really see a difference or my team performing a lot better. That's why it's always low pressing and zonal for me.
    Do you have proof that your team is better when turning these things on? It would make sense, that it improves your game when it also takes more condition as well. But I know many people who always play like this and are very succesful.

Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    Hm okay, I almost never use man to man or high pressing. It just takes more condition and when I tried it, I didn't really see a difference or my team performing a lot better. That's why it's always low pressing and zonal for me.
    Do you have proof that your team is better when turning these things on? It would make sense, that it improves your game when it also takes more condition as well. But I know many people who always play like this and are very succesful.
    Proofs don't exist here xD all is about have the right options to cover as many options that could be in ON, to resume it. And the "right" is something random, maybe you have the right players that during the season will perform better compared with other teams, despite the AvQ that other oppos can have.
    Another season, the defensive tactic will be a epic fail. And as said, today the condition at 0% will not matter, and tomorrow, yes.

I remember some examples with these "dynamic variables" too when we saw reports of teams that had 8* + 1*'s facing entire 8* teams, the same the 8+1*'s could win than lose 0-5.

So, are affecting these 2 options during the matches? in a minimal % and time to time. Nothing is absolute here XD

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    As plan B, high pressing and mtm might give something extra but cannot use it for 2 games per day, with the same squad.
    Only for critical games.

Also do not set counters + short passing. Set normal or long sometimes.
    Your formation is ok but needs two good wingers. Try to find and invest to a couple of young fast trainers and make them 7*.
    There is no point of having a MC 7* but not AMs. Those are the key players, not MC, GK or ST.
    Try to farm everyday 25 greens (plus few extra condition button).
    So you must play from android for that, not pc version.

Read some threads from the Tutorials section.
    khris, milpol and Sol Survivor like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    Try to farm everyday 25 greens (plus few extra condition button).
    So you must play from android for that, not pc version.

Read some threads from the Tutorials section.
    "Join Date Jul 2014"

lol

Rookie
    Let me ad just a couple of comments: with that formation, without changing any player or position, I would use mixed focus also, not both flanks. You are not so strong on the flanks, plus you have AMC.

I think the forward arrow on Pogba is not good. Being the only MC, he should contribute equally to attack and defense.

You should have a good MC option in your reserve to insert a mc replacing either the dmc or the amc in certain games or moments of the game.

Inviato dal mio SM-A750FN utilizzando Tapatalk
    TomasoBG and Sol Survivor like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast