Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: opponent has 2 injured on field, my players can't hit the goal

Addicted

opponent has 2 injured on field, my players can't hit the goal

so i just lost the CL-final against a slightly stronger opponent (5-4 on penalties). and that's not what this post is about.

Instead this post is about how he played with TWO injured players yet my players couldn't even get a shot on target. We played the entire extra time with his 2 injured players and my guys just kept missing and missing the goal despite me using wingers against his 2 man midfield and having huge possession. wtf Nordeus?
    As you can see, my players managed to get just 6 shots on target from 20 efforts which is frankly really poor.

opponent has 2 injured on field, my players can't hit the goal-wtf.jpg

It's moments like these, when you realize that Nordeus really don't know how to code a game properly, that makes you wonder why you should even waste money on this game.
    cracicot and aiureah like this.

Banned
    wow, another person saying the same stuff as myself. go figure.

Apprentice
    Games like this prove me once again the results are predetermined.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aiureah View Post
    Games like this prove me once again the results are predetermined.
    Of course. Thats why they lock up the game with 3-4 minutes to go so they can run the simulation on the game and produce the result for the game to create the commentary. Cant see why most people refuse to believe this. This is not HAL or Big Blue, this is a simple game engine used for producing football results. C'mon people, open your eyes!

Addicted
    i don't think the game is simulated beforehand, or the commentary would be all wrong in regards to the subs i make.

I do however think that there are several serious flaws in this completely random game engine. For example sometimes you will notice that no matter what happens, one team just can't hit the goal. I think this happens becoz of a bug in the game-engine.

Apprentice
    Strange because there are some guys here telling us all the time that we got our tactics wrong and all that Gentlemen, it's not about the tactics (unless you're using an illegal formation), it's about the bloody game engine!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hullabaloo View Post
    i don't think the game is simulated beforehand, or the commentary would be all wrong in regards to the subs i make.

I do however think that there are several serious flaws in this completely random game engine. For example sometimes you will notice that no matter what happens, one team just can't hit the goal. I think this happens becoz of a bug in the game-engine.
    No, they simulate the game, create the commentary and the commentary program allows for changes to be made that take into account the changes you make during the game.

So for example, the game decides your 4-4-2 beats his 4-3-3 by a score of 3-1 and one of your DC gets injured during the match in the 67th minute. During the actual commentary, you sub in another DC at 60th minute, so your sub DC gets the injury. All the game engine does is say that a DC gets injured. it was supposed to be Carragher, but you subbed him before the injury was going to happen and Agger got the injury instead. So this would work with goals as well. Once the game is done, it takes into account your changes during the game and makes the proper adjustment to its pre-game simulation and BINGO! you have your final result.

It really is that easy. Much easier than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    No, they simulate the game, create the commentary and the commentary program allows for changes to be made that take into account the changes you make during the game.

So for example, the game decides your 4-4-2 beats his 4-3-3 by a score of 3-1 and one of your DC gets injured during the match in the 67th minute. During the actual commentary, you sub in another DC at 60th minute, so your sub DC gets the injury. All the game engine does is say that a DC gets injured. it was supposed to be Carragher, but you subbed him before the injury was going to happen and Agger got the injury instead. So this would work with goals as well. Once the game is done, it takes into account your changes during the game and makes the proper adjustment to its pre-game simulation and BINGO! you have your final result.

It really is that easy. Much easier than anything else.
    If what you say is true, then what would happen if, (as you say), a DC was programmed to get injured, whether it was the starter or sub, the commentary would just be amended. But suppose you took off all your DC's before this happened and sent on strikers, and played an illegal formation. If the game was predetermined, but you had no DC's on the pitch, how would your assumption work then?
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

@cracicot, I see you still playing T11
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Raykco View Post
    If the game was predetermined, but you had no DC's on the pitch, how would your assumption work then?
    His assumptions would be awesome for an X-Files episode. For T11 (or any other GAME), it sucks...
    Raykco likes this.
    HARDHAUS
    Season 5: Ongoing...
    Season 4: League: Runner up (again behind my GF, she's becoming my Nemesis... lol Cup: Lost in 1/4 Final CL: Winner
    Season 3: League: Winner Cup: Lost in Semi CL: Eliminated in Semi (by my gf.... sigh!)
    Season 2: League: Winner (Undefeated) Cup: Eliminated in Quarter Final. CL: Winner
    Season 1: League 2nd place (played last 12 games, up from 8th). Cup prelims (before taking over) CL n/a

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast