Page 66 of 227 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast
Like Tree1342Likes

Thread: Season 40

Pro
    Teams seem alot more active at level 5, which i thought id hate. Managers and 2 or more friends have watched my first three games

won both games today 3 nil, not only did the managers witness there team getting turned over but there friends had the pleasure of seeing it

The more spectators the merrier i say haha!

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Yeah same here with my team and when they see Miku's quality they might think... F@@K!!! lol...

I'd love someone on my server to come on here and create a topic of 'how to beat that team' and in the thread they end up posting my squad LOL... It would be quite respectful to me to be honest!
    If that did happen, and they didn't know it was you, you could have some real fun, giving them formations that you could beat, even with players OOP.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Quote Originally Posted by herdo View Post
    Teams seem alot more active at level 5, which i thought id hate. Managers and 2 or more friends have watched my first three games

won both games today 3 nil, not only did the managers witness there team getting turned over but there friends had the pleasure of seeing it

The more spectators the merrier i say haha!
    The levels over 4, seem to have more dedicated players and less abandoned teams. Earlier levels have a lot of teams where players have started the game, and then decided it wasn't for them.
    LONDON CITY

"Takis" are a good team in my league qualitywise, they have 107Q compared to my 111Q, so the gap of power from the pack and ourselves has nearly been closed completely, there is also a good team in our Champions League called "LIVERPOON FT" who also have 107Q. both these teams contain a few 6* players each with room for improvement by the looks of it, so we have a challenge for our trophies this season. It's likely to be like this from now on even if I spend 500T+ a season on my team.
    Aha, but then your more or less facing the same situation as I do. There are 3x teams above Q40 (vs my Q46), then 5x teams Q38-Q39 in the CL. It will be tough, I tell you! But hey, a little bit of competition isn't that bad, right?

I've already broke the 500T limit, are at 1000T right now and I will probably need another 500T to "seal" the PT-sessions and the rest I will save until next season.
    July Fourth likes this.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Just bought a new 5* 'keeper and am going to change his name, because he's got one of those very long Thai names. As I'm gonna change his name, I'm thinking of something silly to call him. At the moment, it is ENGELBERT HUMPALOT.
    July Fourth and Ljepoje like this.
    LONDON CITY

Quote Originally Posted by Ljepoje View Post
    Not sure if stupid, or just dumb? .... I just couldn't let him have the player for 2 reasons: Kind of player that I needed since day 1 and then he was from the Balkans as well (Croatia) and probably dumb/stupid as myself... Both tried with some "scare tactics", but nobody had the courage to step down.....The price? 58T + 44,9M! Now I'm in debt, -30M!

History: (approx)
    KO.round: 1 - 5: 11 players
    KO.round: 5 - 10: 7 players
    KO.round: 10 - 15: 5 players
    KO.round: 15 - 20: 4 players
    KO.round: 20 - 25: 3 players
    KO.round: 25 - 58: 2 players

After this, no one will ever bid against me....
    Sometimes the way some managers bid in auctions, It can feel like T doesn't have that much value since every bid is 1T at a time.
    PeterMeter and Ljepoje like this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rath View Post
    After the harsh beating in the cup FCK redeems itself, 5-0 in the league (me 4-4-2 vs. 3N-2W-3N-2ST) and 7-0 in the CL (opponent was active, but did not know about illegal formations, me chose DC-DC-DC-DR-DMR-MC-MC-3ST).

@Ljepoje's question about the cup tactics: Yes, that was my manager mistake. I chose 3W-2N-3-1-1 vs. 4-1-2-1-2 ND, which worked in the past, but the opponent probably motivated his AMC, so it was 3 strikers vs. a 3W defense and that is punished by the game engine. I corrected it after 15 minutes (0-1 at that time) to 4-1-4-1, but the match engine did not react, the opponent got chance after chance and at the end was a 0-4 home defeat. Bitter loss, but I don't mind too much about the cup. Everyone uses hard tackling there, there are higher level player with 12 more quality than me (hello Nordeus, how about performance based cup). So it is a pain in the a** each year and this way I can concentrate on league, CL and friendlies to improve the squad.
    Aha, that was "it" then. I used to play formations/tactics, using the "through the middle" logic (diamond etc), but then I changed and adapted the 4-2N-3W-2 "butterfly" formation instead. This helped me alot, especially against "stronger" opposition. Sometimes, "fire with fire" is the best solution when your out of ideas.

And yeah, the 3W is more or less sh*t, but not if you use 2x DMC'´s to back them up. You could go with a 3N instead + 1 DMC (3-1-4-2 or 3-1-3-1-2). But it's up to you, you know your players and the way they perform in curtain situations.

I use hard tackling since season 3 and so far - all good... .. The "key" behind it is to NOT change your settings (from easy, normal to hard etc), then the engine could strike at you. I don't get so many injuries anymore, all of them come from PT more or less.

Then again and as I said, players at the old server are struggling against better opposition while players on the new (like myself) are playing against equal opposition (all lvl5). That's why I might have a advantage.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...

Sometimes the way some managers bid in auctions, It can feel like T doesn't have that much value since every bid is 1T at a time.
    That's true, I think at the end - you spend more T on the TM then on buying green packs. For example: a player makes bid/ taking part in 2 or more auctions, ending up spending +25T in each auction and loses (can't get a young 5* beyond 25T on my server). Thats a 50T loss and no player, and mostly of them take part in 3 or 5 auctions per day/opportunity. But on the other end, you could end up "paying-up" like myself and get into financial troubles. But this kind of outcome is hard to predict, sometimes you could end up getting a 19yr old 5* for 9T (like when I got the MC) or 58T (like now).

Anyway, look who is back - my friend
    July Fourth likes this.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...

Quote Originally Posted by Ljepoje View Post
    That's true, I think at the end - you spend more T on the TM then on buying green packs. For example: a player makes bid/ taking part in 2 or more auctions, ending up spending +25T in each auction and loses (can't get a young 5* beyond 25T on my server). Thats a 50T loss and no player, and mostly of them take part in 3 or 5 auctions per day/opportunity. But on the other end, you could end up "paying-up" like myself and get into financial troubles. But this kind of outcome is hard to predict, sometimes you could end up getting a 19yr old 5* for 9T (like when I got the MC) or 58T (like now).

Anyway, look who is back - my friend
    This brings back the old arguement of Auctions vs MR.SCOUT vs Negotiations again, I always say, for me 50T for scouts are always worth it because you don't bid against anyone. BUT ONLY IF THERE ARE GOOD SCOUTS ON THE SCOUT LIST. (which there isn't this season.)

Auctions are just unpredictable, they can go for any number of KO rounds, especially when you get tons of last second bidders trying to snipe the player.
    Last edited by July Fourth; 05-07-2013 at 09:49 PM.

Breaking News - New signing confirmed

July Fourth have announced the signing of 30 year old 5*107 DC Jonathan Aued for $70.3M and 1T. He will serve as a back-up for the remainder of the season and will probably only play in a few less profile games, We were short on defence so someone was needed. So for 1T and avoiding any unnecessary bidding wars, this is not too bad and we can resale the player next season since players don't start to retire until they reach 32 years old.

Ljepoje and Raykco like this.