Page 34 of 227 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast
Like Tree1342Likes

Thread: Season 40

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Cup first round, second leg to come in just over half an hour.

We don't have much chance of progressing after yesterdays poor result.

July Fourth L18 110.2 vs red star L19 113.4 (agg 1-5)

Special ODDS:
    July Fourth to qualify 50/1
    Petersen to score on his debut 5/1

red star are a good strong active L19 team and a quality of 113.4 suggests this, If we were playing on the same level, I would be currently 1.8 quality stronger than our opponents in terms of 'relative quality' since we are 110.2 and are a level below our opponents which means for relative quality purposes I would receive 5 more points

Since we are likely to go out we are giving Petersen a full debut here, Zidane and Crawford may feture for us in the second half if we are not making any in roads in the second leg. Jurc will play on left midfield once again.
    You play against Red Star ? This is my favorite team, this is team from my country (Serbia), He won CL 1991 in Bari against Marseille It is a team for whom I live!
    good luck July Fourth

Likewise my scout list hasn't updated or changed since yesterday so nobody on L18 as bought any mediocre scouts, it's annoying because I really need to improve my team, especially my defense, since my entire squad now only has 4 defenders, so we run short in that department. Weve already given up hope in the cup. It's a shame really after reading your stories of last season's run we would of liked to have gone on a little cup run ourselves but thats not going to happen here. Just tons of friendlies.

My negotiation bids were rejected last night and the players have been improved to 6* I believe since both players no longer appear on the negotiations list. Can't understand why a bid to a L20 manager would get rejected though when that player would of been 3* going to 4* for him. Maybe I got outbid in the end, who knows? but 44T has been returned back to me. Was on 520T last night, now on 565T with the daily token being added. just proves negotiations are crap. I make good strong offers for 2 players and they still get turned down.

Seems like no one of my friends at lvl 5 bought or managed to make some improvements of their squad/team at day 1. All "stuck" with their players from the last season. I can´t even see that Dynamo SWAG is doing some PT either. But after his loss last night, he could be eliminated today in the CUP - and there goes the current&former CUP winner! But let´s see how it turns, he has the return at home so I think he can make it.

Yeah, our CUP - journey was something that happend and turned out quite "unexpected". It was after the final-eight that I realized that we had a chance to pull it through to the quarter-finals. But still, I´m on the new server and I think my lvl is the "highest" since I havent seen any lvl 6 or lvl 7 teams/players in the CUP or at the Transfermarket. It´s probably harder for you, and different requirements as well.

My negotiation bid was rejected as well, but what can you do. At least we made a decent offer. The player got a rate 5 last night in the CUP, so probably it was for the best. Don´t want a "duck" in my team . But you seem to have a lot T left, you could save them for next season or use it for PT. Otherwise keep your eyes open at the scoutlist and transfermarket, it could refresh by tomorrow and the sever could generated a couple of players today or tomorrow, who knows? I need a defender (DL) as well, then probaly a midfielder and a striker as substitutions. I have 100T left, so I will wait and see if there will be a descent scout or a 18yr old at the TM. If not, then buy green packs and complete the PT for the season.
    July Fourth likes this.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Quote Originally Posted by nsretkovic View Post
    You play against Red Star ? This is my favorite team, this is team from my country (Serbia), He won CL 1991 in Bari against Marseille It is a team for whom I live!
    good luck July Fourth
    Well I know I'm going out the cup here, But we will fight to the end for the integrity of our team, We don't like to throw games here and obviously we like to try and do our best in all 3 competitions, but sometimes unfortunate games happen and we were disappointing yesterday after starting well and getting the early lead.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Well I know I'm going out the cup here, But we will fight to the end for the integrity of our team, We don't like to throw games here and obviously we like to try and do our best in all 3 competitions, but sometimes unfortunate games happen and we were disappointing yesterday after starting well and getting the early lead.
    It's a pity, better luck next time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ljepoje View Post
    Seems like no one of my friends at lvl 5 bought or managed to make some improvements of their squad/team at day 1. All "stuck" with their players from the last season. I can´t even see that Dynamo SWAG is doing some PT either. But after his loss last night, he could be eliminated today in the CUP - and there goes the current&former CUP winner! But let´s see how it turns, he has the return at home so I think he can make it.

Yeah, our CUP - journey was something that happend and turned out quite "unexpected". It was after the final-eight that I realized that we had a chance to pull it through to the quarter-finals. But still, I´m on the new server and I think my lvl is the "highest" since I havent seen any lvl 6 or lvl 7 teams/players in the CUP or at the Transfermarket. It´s probably harder for you, and different requirements as well.

My negotiation bid was rejected as well, but what can you do. At least we made a decent offer. The player got a rate 5 last night in the CUP, so probably it was for the best. Don´t want a "duck" in my team . But you seem to have a lot T left, you could save them for next season or use it for PT. Otherwise keep your eyes open at the scoutlist and transfermarket, it could refresh by tomorrow and the sever could generated a couple of players today or tomorrow, who knows? I need a defender (DL) as well, then probaly a midfielder and a striker as substitutions. I have 100T left, so I will wait and see if there will be a descent scout or a 18yr old at the TM. If not, then buy green packs and complete the PT for the season.
    PT,PT and PT is basically what I'm doing and the next 2 scout list refreshes occur in the next 2 days here. I know there is a refresh on day 3 and another refresh on day 4, lets hope something good comes up unless otherwise this will be our first season our entire history that we will not of bought a single player from MR.SCOUT, last season I only bought 1 from a poor list as well (Ivor Hardy)

There is also a 4* token youth due on day 4, if he is high-end 4* and a position I require, then I will sign him and immediately PT him to around mid 6*. May add SA as well and at least I will get to choose SA rather than something rubbish.

The highest level on our server is currently L26 I believe and I doubt there will be many teams that have promoted each and every season, red star my cup opponents are L19 and in their trophy cabinet it shows their last league title was won in their season 25, so that means L26 is our highest on our server so far, I've not seen any higher.
    Ljepoje likes this.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljepoje View Post

See if you,re at the highest level, is the tl list just generic players nordeus puts on, players from another server or just players from others at the same level. I think i may be at the highest level too as ive not seen anyone higher (also level 5)

my opponent, having lost the first leg, in a few minutes you will present in the field with 2 new players ...... both 9 stars.

I will probably eliminated!

I try with a defensive form, turning my 3 5 2 V Style in 3 1 4 2

DC DC DC

DMC

ML MC MC MR

ST ST

also changing the mentality very offensive to normal

Quote Originally Posted by ppturano View Post
    my opponent, having lost the first leg, in a few minutes you will present in the field with 2 new players ...... both 9 stars.

I will probably eliminated!

I try with a defensive form, turning my 3 5 2 V Style in 3 1 4 2

DC DC DC

DMC

ML MC MC MR

ST ST

also changing the mentality very offensive to normal
    I remember last seasons cup, I win first leg, then opponent who was a higher level spends 500T and fills his team will new scouts for the new season and blows me out of the water in the second leg and not suprisingly I lost.

Royal Rumble Cup - First Round, Second Leg

July Fourth 2-2 red star

July Fourth 110.2 3N-1-3W-1-2 - red star 113.4 4-3N-1-2
    red star win 7-3 on aggregate

July Fourth are eliminated from the Royal Rumble cup after a spirited 2-2 draw against red star in the second leg, July Fourth started the game quite well with Papaleo and Michu being better slighly supplied from Petersen and Jurc this time round, We took the lead on 27 minutes after Papaleo squared off a pass to give Michu a brilliant chance to convert and he made no mistake, Michu should of made it 2-0 5 minutes later but he put his shot wide, hadn't he converted that chance, he could of got us back in the tie. However not suprisingly red star being a good string side found their way into the game and new signing Ghiorma was a commander at the red star defence and we found it difficult after that. Maccaroni had a run on goal on the hour mark and equalised on the day, then 7 minutes later he converted a free-kick, July Fourth didn't deserve to lose the game on the day and in the 88th minute Michu made a move past a defender and got his shot on target for a 2-2 draw and after that we would rue Michu's earlier miss which would of won us the game on the day but still we would of been elimated.

It was a better and more spirited performance from July Fourth today against stronger and higher level opponents and I'm happy with that. We can move on to the rest of the season to concerntrate on the 2 more important competitions without having to worry about a run in the cup. It's no financial loss as we will play many friendlies that bring in over $2M a game at $8 a ticket and we will probably play appoximately 80 games against fodder teams.

Goals: Michu (27,88) Maccaroni (60,67) MOTM: Maccaroni
    Last edited by July Fourth; 05-06-2013 at 10:42 AM.

Got my return leg of the cup in a few hours! versing an opponent who is a level above me however equal quality
    after a few transfers made by myself! Have to come back from a 2-1 deficit even tho I had more shots and possession!

The plan is to counter her 4-4-2 with a 4-5-1 V with red arrows on DMC, AMR/L and DL and DR! Attacking mentality, mixed passing, own half and unsure counter or offside! Debut game for Barat the new scout and Michel

Any extra help is always appreciated, will defiantly report back with results!

My team:
    Season 40-capture.jpg

Her team:
    Season 40-capture.jpg