Page 139 of 227 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 2263
Like Tree1342Likes

Thread: Season 40

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Yeah... Just sounded like one of those wasn't to be moments you had there. better luck next time eh...
    Yeah, I did well to get as far as I did. I knew I would come up against the strongest team, I always do. xD

Atleast I've progressed further than the prelims.

I am absolutely gutted because I signed this winger called 'Theo Walcott' who coincidently turned out to be a goal scorer. Maybe if he didn't get injured in the first minute the result might of been different.

Onto the Champions League where I stand a chance haha. Thanks for your support

Will Tungsten finally break the spell of stupid draws against underdodgs?

Please tell me they will.
    We'll know the answer in just 20 minutes.

Oh, ok.

Apprentice
    3rd place in my league just drew against a weak team, if I win against 2nd in the evening, I will be ahead by 11. Compared to 4th place, Im already ahead by 15, so my trophy room will most likely get a new addition this season. interestingly, there are 7(!) teams within 3 points of 4th place, this season might see an interesting fight for the CL/promotion places.

The league can be divided into 3 groups atm:

Im well ahead on top with 34 pts, 2nd and 3rd both got 26 points with 3rd already having finished his 13th game and 2nd being up against me today. Theyre both active with 4 star teams and decent formations, 3rd place even has a scout goalie. Still, my chances for winning the league are already pretty good and the likelyhood of staying in the top 3 for me until the end of the season should be around 99%.

Places 4-11 all have between 15 and 19 points, with many teams at 16 points. 10th is only zero points and 2 goals away from 7th, and 3 points and 10 goals (realisticall 4 points) from 4th. Some of this group actually have comparable teams to 2nd and 3rd (especially 8th who has got a higher average quality than 3rd) but must be lacking in other fields. 4th is playing very defensively 4-2dmc-3w-1 and has lots of draws. The last days of the season might see an intense fighting for the promotion/CL spots.

12-14 are inactive or clueless and are unlikely to get into promotion range.
    Last edited by Bermudo; 05-19-2013 at 09:10 AM.
    Bermuda Triangle, started 26.2.2013
    standings/trophies (9 seasons, 7 promotions):
    League winner: 4
    Champions league winner: 2
    Cup winner: 2

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Are you going to play against Orchard Utd?
    Yeah, seems so. He beat the Russian "FC Atlantika" with 10-1 on aggregate.... Let's see how it goes, will post the draw in a hour or two
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

The T11 CUP - Draws: The "Clash of the Titans", Balkan Boyz face Filipiniana/english Orchard Utd in the quarter-finals!

Sunday's draw was the biggest talking point of the day in the Club house, as Balkan Boyz were drawn against the Filipiniana/english "Orchard Utd" in the quarter-finals while their friends, -Dynamo SWAG- face "Nbm" from The United Arab Emirates. As the Balkan Boyz come in hot after a 9-1 aggregate victory over the Turkish opposition "Fenerbahçe F.C" in the quarterfinals, the draw couldn't have been tougher for Ljepoje's club as "Orchard Utd" is considered as the "Big Trojka" together with Dynamo SWAG and Balkan Boyz. All clubs are rated over +50Q.

Manager -Ljepoje- stated earlier that it will definitely be a very tough game in all aspects, but not a impossible task. "That's probably the toughest draw we could have got, and perhaps a little bit of unluck. It will definitely be a very tough game in all aspects, but not a impossible task".

Balkan Boys vs Orchard Utd match preview

The two teams have played each other two times before, in the T1 CUP semi-finals last season. Orchard Utd won the 1th leg with 3 - 4 after Daniel Harding’s goal in stoppage time, ending the Balkan Boyz dreams and was left empty-handed and therefore eliminated. This season, Balkan Boyz are desperate for revenge against Orchard Utd!

Manager -Ljepoje- said earlier today that they "are seriously preparing for a very difficult game against Orchard Utd",since they tend to play similiar and pretty attractive football". -Ljepoje- continued, "It is important for both teams, whenever you play for progression to a semi-final it’s a crucial one for both teams. All these games are intense, hard and sometimes tend to end with unexpected results”. But he added,“all I ask from my players is that they give 100% out there on the pitch. We have plenty of respect for them, as we do for any other team. Respect – but not fear. We know it’ll be a difficult game, but we aren’t afraid".

The first leg of the quarter-final will take place at the "YNWA" stadium Monday at 16:39CET, with the second leg at "Balkan Boyz Stadium" scheduled for Wednesday at 23:43CET. If Balkan Boyz makes it past Orchard Utd, they will be playing the semi-finals against the winner between Always United (England/UK) and FC Köln (Italy). Other intresting games are: Dynamo SWAG (Swiss) vs NBm (United Arab Emirates) and RSCA Anderlecht (Belgium) vs Ryet FC (Sweden).

Over&Out!
    nsretkovic likes this.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...

Today- opponent in CL

I use 4 1 4 1, what do you think ? @July Fourth , @Ljepoje ?

Quote Originally Posted by nsretkovic View Post
    Today- opponent in CL

I think any V or butterfly formation could work (exploit his flanks). He has no DL+DR, and will probably play "through the middle". Also a simple 3-5-2 (flat) could do the trick. Don’t use any formation with AMC since he is playing with 2x DMC’s. I would go with 2 strikers instead of one (4-1-4-1).
    PROUD MANAGER OF...

Quote Originally Posted by Ljepoje View Post
    I think any V or butterfly formation could work (exploit his flanks). He has no DL+DR, and will probably play "through the middle". Also a simple 3-5-2 (flat) could do the trick. Don’t use any formation with AMC since he is playing with 2x DMC’s. I would go with 2 strikers instead of one (4-1-4-1).
    I'll try it with 4 1 4 1 if it does not work I wil change to 3 5 2 flat

Quote Originally Posted by nsretkovic View Post
    Today- opponent in CL

Think this would be 3-5-2 V for me.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*