Page 154 of 227 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 2263
Like Tree1342Likes

Thread: Season 40

last season I got kicked out of the CL at the top 16, by a weaker team, by conceding a goal at the 90th minute of the second game that led to a penalty shoot out, a shoot out I eventually lost. I really hoped this season will be different, I even won the first leg 3-1 away.. but you can never be safe in this game.
    again, gotta concentrate only on the league, didn't expect being kicked out of the other competition that fast. whatever.

congratulations to those that went through to the QF and good luck.

Only one striker at home? What were your orders?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Gaule View Post
    Surprisingly, yes! As I have watched most games I've played, and my opponent has been watching too. I do think some of them are clueless though, like today, I beat the team in second 7-0 ... away! and the guy was watching! He didn't make one change all match. I subbed 3, had to really with the 2 injuries. Now, admittedly, I have 4 scout players in, but I have some of my other original players trained up almost as good. I am constantly training and buying/selling, always strengthening my squad - if the others aren't doing same, well, what can I do only hammer the bejaysis out of them? I'm building strong for the higher levels, as I know all players get docked a star when they go up and things get a lot tougher. I would prefer more of a challenge though.

See what did happen when I messed with my formation and wasn't there to make changes? draw against one of the weaker sides in the league. Gots to keep at it, no matter how weak the opposition.
    As regards to the scout players... To be honest you don't really need all these scouts at the lower levels until you reach around L10+ when you start to face more active managers and better teams rather than mostly inactives and 2* teams, the only time I would recommend buying lots of scout players in the lower levels of the game is if you come up against a scout buyer, normally full 5* is more than sufficient to win trophies in the lower leagues. A lot active of managers in the lower levels will have rubbish teams because they won't know exactly how t11 works and may struggle to get to grips with how exactly the auction system works when its quite simple in all honesty.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Only one striker at home? What were your orders?
    attacking, flanks, whole pitch, zonal, mixed passing, force counter attacks.
    I won 3-1 (could easily be 6 or 7) away with the same formation and tactics, with much less possession, this game I had 61-39.

it just shows how random this game is.

Yeah, I'm getting that alright. But I jumped in halfway through first season and was being whooped by bot teams - no matter what I did. Bought some tokens one night, and had a peep in the scouting - "oooh, there's the very player I need right now!" ... y'know yourself. Plus I was being a little impatient and couldn't be dealing with injuries. I've become more sensible and have been training them nicely. I love a footy manager game, and I play it more so for my own simple amusement than anything else. But we can't help being competitive, and I like to have an edge. The scout players are not wonderful at level 2, and I know I can train players up to match them with patience. I just lack that at times

I do reckon I'd still be top, maybe not so many goals, without the scouts.
    Last edited by Keith Gaule; 05-22-2013 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maor23 View Post
    attacking, flanks, whole pitch, zonal, mixed passing, force counter attacks.
    I won 3-1 (could easily be 6 or 7) away with the same formation and tactics, with much less possession, this game I had 61-39.

it just shows how random this game is.
    Same as my orders, only I do mixed for focus passing asmy formation is, well, more mixed [3-4-1-2, or sometimes 3-1-4-2] . And similar happened to me in the cup. Mentioned it already on here, but it was so blatant it's worth another mention - I faced a complete token team in the 3rd round, same level as me but all 6 star players!? - And still i won 6-3 at home, first leg. I think I was actually 6-1 up at one point. Second leg, same players, formation, orders ... he wins 4-1 ... injuring 2 of my players in the process, I couldn't be there to watch and auto subs didn't work so I had 9 menfor the bulk of the game. How convenient he goes through on away goals eh?

Ah well, that's footy, happens in the real world too, we've seen it many times. Keeps it interesting I suppose.

Same as my orders, only I do mixed for focus passing asmy formation is, well, more mixed [3-4-1-2, or sometimes 3-1-4-2] . And similar happened to me in the cup. Mentioned it already on here, but it was so blatant it's worth another mention - I faced a complete token team in the 3rd round, same level as me but all 6 star players!? - And still i won 6-3 at home, first leg. I think I was actually 6-1 up at one point. Second leg, same players, formation, orders ... he wins 4-1 ... injuring 2 of my players in the process, I couldn't be there to watch and auto subs didn't work so I had 9 menfor the bulk of the game. How convenient he goes through on away goals eh?

Ah well, that's footy, happens in the real world too, we've seen it many times. Keeps it interesting I suppose.
    yea whatever it's just annoying when it happens because it happens too much but nothing will be done about it so I kinda gave up, I don't really care anymore. will just focus on the league again at least I get that every year.

Ok, yeah whatever ... :/

having counter on this season = get lots of goals in .-.

Quote Originally Posted by Maor23 View Post
    last season I got kicked out of the CL at the top 16, by a weaker team, by conceding a goal at the 90th minute of the second game that led to a penalty shoot out, a shoot out I eventually lost. I really hoped this season will be different, I even won the first leg 3-1 away.. but you can never be safe in this game.
    again, gotta concentrate only on the league, didn't expect being kicked out of the other competition that fast. whatever.

congratulations to those that went through to the QF and good luck.
    Wow, so many late goals. That is really harsh, it seems the match engine reacted once more too sensitive.That s*cks.
    In the highlights I saw you did some substitutions, has the formation been changed? And for the initial formation, has the central MC been defensively motivated?
    Last edited by Chris Rath; 05-22-2013 at 01:39 AM.

Founded: January, 16th 2013
    League level: 20
    "We are no cup team, we are a pub team"

- FCK stories from time to time, when I look around. -