Page 163 of 227 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 2263
Like Tree1342Likes

Thread: Season 40

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Yep... Not the usual late flurry of goals when I fall a goal behind or anything, even if it was 1-1 it would not much of a difference because of the away goal rule. If I win the second leg 2-1, then I would qualify by the away goal rule... stupid I know.
    Hm, unexpected result for sure! Don't know if it was because of his 4-3W-1-2/ 4-1-3W-2 formation or just "bad luck". You could try to fight "fire with fire" in the return, or use any formation with a four-man line defense. What is the "counterformation" for a 4-3W-1-2: The 3N-1-4-2, 4-4-2 (Wide diamond) or 4-5-1V?
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Quote Originally Posted by Ljepoje View Post
    Hm, unexpected result for sure! Don't know if it was because of his 4-3W-1-2/ 4-1-3W-2 formation or just "bad luck". You could try to fight "fire with fire" in the return, or use any formation with a four-man line defense. What is the "counterformation" for a 4-3W-1-2: The 3N-1-4-2, 4-4-2 (Wide diamond) or 4-5-1V?
    Well it doesn't seem to be 3N-1-4-2 BUT I know most of us forumers are used to seeing 3N-1-4-2 as a counter formation to the 4-3W-1-2/4-1-3W-2. But I did smash 4-1-3W-2 in one of my league games just recently 6-1 with a formation I generally don't use, Plus I played away so that helps.

Think in the second leg, I can afford to concede once, but I need to score twice.
    Ljepoje likes this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Well it doesn't seem to be 3N-1-4-2 BUT I know most of us forumers are used to seeing 3N-1-4-2 as a counter formation to the 4-3W-1-2/4-1-3W-2. But I did smash 4-1-3W-2 in one of my league games just recently 6-1 with a formation I generally don't use, Plus I played away so that helps.

Think in the second leg, I can afford to concede once, but I need to score twice.
    Ok, yeah! Then use the formation you recently used and managed to collect a 6 - 1 win. Otherwise use the formation you are most familiar with. I always begin with the 4-2N-2W-2 formation, then change or swap players around if I need a goal or two. Helps in 9 of 10 cases.

Put the win bonus at MAX!
    July Fourth likes this.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    I have the same problem, my MCs get more yellow cards than my defenders... Guess it's just a game thing
    Raise his def stats. Didn't have anymore problems since i got my MCs to perfectly equal stats between DEF/ATT/PHY

As for our side:

Champion's League, Quarter Finals, First Leg:

A very confortable match away in Holland which after the 0-7 in League confirms our good moment despite Hutton's little flexion. An opponent which uses a module we don't like, the 4-3-3, which this time tho was pushed back by our iron defense, where Flanagan again proved himself worth of the main team. We started with Tenma finding the right path for J.Romer which easily put in our first (7'), following by a serie of corner kicks in which we didn't find the double until Ross drew a perfect cross for Schneider who, as one of our stars, filled Hutton's place to realize the 0-2 (28'). In the second half we left our ND getting in Denver to rest the freshly recovered Shirou and Paul Diamond (MC) for Julian Ross (DMC) organizing into a 4-3-1-2 we gave us a higher pressure on the pitch, leading Tom Becker (AMC) to more freedom as he scored us the 0-3 pretty early (60'). J.Romer (yes him again!) closed the game with a perfect free kick (64') and we were then able to experiment the 4-4-2 flat first, noticing that he isnt really that overwhelming like described, then moving into 4-2-2-2 Hexagon with Stein for Matsukase. With wingers we had even more war potential as we went trough the net again first with Flanagan, served on counter by Hutton (79'), and then with Hutton realizing the penalty earned in the last minutes (86'). To be honest Hutton should've scored twice but both times he was fouled in the area, once being a free kick (where Romer scored), and once scoring himself.

Scorers: J.Romer (2), K.H.Schneider, O.Hutton, T.Becker, R.Flanagan.
    MoM: J.Romer (9), New Team.

Afterthoughts:

We are in the semi finals yet not knowing who will we face. Apart from us, FC Norkoping (44Q) and Catalunya FC (47Q) all the other teams are around Q33, and yet in the first legs they put up a harsh fight towards those two powerhouses, both able to win only 0-1 with a late goal, and both having as MoM their central defenders.

Market, Breaking News:

Despite the will not to take any other players due to the advanced state of the Season, New Team was obliged to acquire a young talent from the TL due to two main reasons:

-He's the FIRST 18 yo generated player over 4* (Q40,6 at time).
    -He's 18 yo DMC/DMR, with DMR being a role we long time seeked since last season being unable to find any decent option.

His high value moved us to try snatch him and we paid a total of 5 tokens for him. We can now finally play with DMR/DML without penalties, and we will at this point part with Ivor Hardy next season. With Julian Ross on 24 yo, he will probably be fresh meat to renew New Team's Cycle with adjusted insertions. His first 3 bars was a +120 which let us hope for the better.
    Raykco and Ljepoje like this.

Thursday. Day 19.

CHAMPS LEAGUE: Quarter-Final, 1st Leg: EVAIR FC (71.2) v LONDON CITY (73.6)

Result: EVAIR 1-1 LONDON
    Goals: Narin 12, Duggan 28
    M.o.M: Stig Andersson

We travelled to Brazil for this first leg encounter and came home rather frustrated after dominating the match and yet having to settle for a draw at the end. Johan Narin put the Brazilians ahead early on, but Terry Duggan worked himself some space to equalise not long after. From then on it was a case of missed chances for us to grab a good win to take to our ground.

LEAGUE: Match 17. PTO ALCUDIA (72.5) v LONDON CITY (73.6)

Result: ALCUDIA 3-0 LONDON
    Goals: Gusalov 18, Gusalov 49, Mendez 74
    M.o.M: Elias Habdas (Alcudia)

A win here would have put us 6 points clear at the top, but then again, we were playing our deadly rivals, whom we seldom seem to do well against. This was the 12th time we have played them in 5 seasons, and we have only 2 wins and a draw to show for our efforts. Two goals from Yusup Gusalov and another from Jose Mendez condemned us to another defeat, to leave the both of us, level on points, but they have a superior goal difference.

OTHER LEAGUE RESULTS:
    Phetchana 0-2 Tongfang, Lalas 3-3 Legends, Yakuza 1-3 Jeleznik, Shileno 2-0 Kukula, Danis 0-4 Olympiakos, Real 3-1 Minh.

TEAM TALK:

The only consolation for us after today's league defeat, is that (hopefully), that is our last meeting with our bogie team for this season. It never seems to matter what quality difference or team formations we each have, Alcudia always seem to get the upper hand. We have had only two league defeats this season, and both have come against them, by an aggregate of 2-8. Tomorrow we play at home to Yakuza who are in the lower half of the table.

In the CL, we got an away draw, and a goal, which maybe gives us a very slight edge for the return match. If we were lucky enough to make the final of the competition, our potential opponents could very well be, PTO ALCUDIA.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Breaking News...

One Billion Dollars!!!

Following the completion of Pepp Crawford's sale away from the club due to his long term injury (he was getting sold start of next season anyways) Our bank balance has topped the billion dollar landmark for the first time.
    dv8r, Raykco, Maor23 and 1 others like this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    Only 2 of my opponents here got promoted. Everyone else stayed at level 7

Enhanced odds
    26-0-0 record - 6/5
    N̶o̶ ̶g̶o̶a̶l̶s̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶c̶e̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶-̶ ̶7̶/̶1̶
    Over 150 goals scored - 3/1
    Petersen to score over 49.5 goals - 7/1

Updated odds
    26-0-0 record - 3/5 (still a few tough ones to go, some players are active it seems)

Over 150 goals scored - 7/2
    Petersen to score over 49.5 goals - 9/1 (he's on 31
    Ljepoje likes this.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

after a nice streak of 11 consecutive league matches that I won we tied 0-0 yesterday against the second place team at home. it was a pretty one sided match, we kept attacking but his defense held up well and managed to get the tie eventually. we're 3 points ahead after their loss in their last match and today we will face the team that actually beat them (they're third place).

anyway even I got confused from what I wrote, bottom line is, I have to win today.
    Ljepoje likes this.

Good win...

My tomorrow oppononent in CL.

1st match : Passang united vs Fk NeYmaaR 2:2

Any idea how to beat this formation ?

Maybe this?