Page 182 of 227 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 2263
Like Tree1342Likes

Thread: Season 40

A 0-6 win with our reserve team in League gets us one goal under the fixed daily amount, but our defense still owns. Time to get ready for CL, where the real challenge awaits.

What a streak!
    Yoshi's Island didn't loose the last 14 League Matches, out of these 14 League Matches there have been only 3 draws. What a streak!

Yoshi's Island offers you a career!
    Yoshi's Island Target Shot has been completed after three days. That's your chance to start a great career!

Looking for players
    The trainer of Yoshi's Island confirmed the rumors. Yoshi's Island is in need of one DL, one DR and one AML. Now it's a great time to buy new players for the next season!
    Last edited by Incredipede; 05-27-2013 at 01:50 PM.

League, round 21 - Perfect Tactics 13-0 alihlal FC
    Perfect Tactics: 57.7, 3N-5-2v
    alhilal FC: 39.4, 4-1-2-1-2ND

Massacre at the C.Petersen stadium with one of our biggest wins in history. We were simply too good for them and ripped them to shreds from start to finish. It was also the first time since level 3 that a player has scored 7 goals in one match last done by Petersen in a cup match. Strange that Petersen didn't score but he did get 3 assists. Pistov was our star player and his partnership with Suarez looks deadly. So many goals, where do we start? Nascimento got us off with a long range strike and then the goals rushed in like crazy... In a first half of craziness which saw us score 7 goals, 4 of them came from Pistov and it was the two wingers Nascimento and Petersen who set him up for his goals. Silly also got a goal from a 1vs 1 position and Nascimento got a 2nd from Suarez's pass. We continued to destroy them in the 2nd half, Suarez getting a goal and then Pistov scored twice in a matter of minutes to give him his 5th and 6th goals of the match. We didn't stop there as a late flurry of goals added salt into the wounds of alhilal FC, Pistov getting yet another goal created by Suarez and then Suarez got a goal himself from a corner. A late Vittalone goal from a counter attack gave us 13 goals and now we only need 16 in 5 games to score 150+ league goals this season.

Goals: Nascimento (3', 31'), Pistov (6', 19', 32' HAT, 34', 54', 56', 81'), Silly (39'), Suarez (50', 85'), Vittalone (90')
    MOTM: Petersen
    July Fourth likes this.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    League, round 21 - Perfect Tactics 13-0 alihlal FC
    Perfect Tactics: 57.7, 3N-5-2v
    alhilal FC: 39.4, 4-1-2-1-2ND

Massacre at the C.Petersen stadium with one of our biggest wins in history. We were simply too good for them and ripped them to shreds from start to finish. It was also the first time since level 3 that a player has scored 7 goals in one match last done by Petersen in a cup match. Strange that Petersen didn't score but he did get 3 assists. Pistov was our star player and his partnership with Suarez looks deadly. So many goals, where do we start? Nascimento got us off with a long range strike and then the goals rushed in like crazy... In a first half of craziness which saw us score 7 goals, 4 of them came from Pistov and it was the two wingers Nascimento and Petersen who set him up for his goals. Silly also got a goal from a 1vs 1 position and Nascimento got a 2nd from Suarez's pass. We continued to destroy them in the 2nd half, Suarez getting a goal and then Pistov scored twice in a matter of minutes to give him his 5th and 6th goals of the match. We didn't stop there as a late flurry of goals added salt into the wounds of alhilal FC, Pistov getting yet another goal created by Suarez and then Suarez got a goal himself from a corner. A late Vittalone goal from a counter attack gave us 13 goals and now we only need 16 in 5 games to score 150+ league goals this season.

Goals: Nascimento (3', 31'), Pistov (6', 19', 32' HAT, 34', 54', 56', 81'), Silly (39'), Suarez (50', 85'), Vittalone (90')
    MOTM: Petersen
    Think over 150 is a certainty though... I think you can raise the bar... PISTOV... wow 7 goals, he has equalled Petersen's club record.

A few days I thought you would get exactly 150, but your just scoring for fun now.
    Last edited by July Fourth; 05-27-2013 at 02:17 PM.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Apprentice
    I had a draw in my league game against 3rd place (was scheduled during my worktime) and need only one more point out of 5 games to secure the league. Ive got games against 2nd, 4th and 5th still but the other 2 teams are trash so should be easy 6 points there.

Today is a very difficult CL semi, away without 3 suspended players (my 3rd and 5th best quality players among them) and an injured 2nd striker, but I hope I can pull of a draw or low difference loss somehow and make up for it at home. Im playing a 3n-2w defense since I dont have enough good defenders left for 4-1, so I can only hope the opponent doesnt field an AMC and plays through the middle. If I catch too many goals, I might give up on the 2nd game altogether and start hoarding packs for next season.

any good idea for orders with a defensive butterfly formation? Ill either play butterfly or 3n-2w-2n-1-2 (id call id ribbon formation)
    Last edited by Bermudo; 05-27-2013 at 02:26 PM.
    Bermuda Triangle, started 26.2.2013
    standings/trophies (9 seasons, 7 promotions):
    League winner: 4
    Champions league winner: 2
    Cup winner: 2

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Think over 150 is a certainty though... I think you can raise the bar... PISTOV... wow 7 goals, he has equalled Petersen's club record.

A few days I thought you would get exactly 150, but your just scoring for fun now.
    Big future ahead for some of my players...

Maybe I can just leave my team on auto-pilot when I go on holiday. Even if when I come back and I'm like 3rd, I still have a shot at the CL. I'd definitely qualify from that on auto-pilot and I'll be back by like day 14, which is in time for the knock-out stages.

I think it's a bit of a waste tanking it when there aren't that many amazing teams on my server.. I reckon I'd still win half my games if I tanked it lol
    July Fourth likes this.

Season 15 - Level 15

>My team<

Addicted
    7 goals and not MotM? lol
    League: 1st - 1st - 3rd - 2nd - 2nd - 1st - 3rd - 1st - 3rd - 2nd
    CL: x - Ro16 - 2nd - Ro4 - Ro8 - 2nd - 2nd - Ro16 - 1st
    Cup: x - Ro8 - 1st - Playoffs - Preliminary - Qualifying - Preliminary - Playoffs - Qualifying - Ro8

███████████
    ███████████
    ███████████

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon View Post
    7 goals and not MotM? lol
    MOTM is silly to be honest... It's not usually accurate

Season 15 - Level 15

>My team<

LEAGUE ROUND 21 PREVIEW

F.C. Navoski vs July Fourth

F.C. Navoski 103.1 - July Fourth 112.9

IF JULY FOURTH WIN - THEY WILL BE CROWNED CHAMPIONS TODAY

July Fourth play away to F.C. Navoski who managed to get a draw against July Fourth earlier in the season at Islington Park. But July Fourth know that the Mehmet result means they can win the league today. However despite that, July Fourth are expected to start with a weaker team with putting sub/reserve players in for some of the first team players to concentrate on the CL game away at JONCLAB that they play in 2 hours time.

"Of course we would like to finish the job of winning the league this afternoon away at Navoski, but it's not a necessity, since we still have 5 games remaining after today in which we only require 1 win (or 3 draws) to be mathematically certain of winning the title should the nearest challengers finish the season with all wins in their remaining games but the important focus has to be the Champions League since its in the business end in the competition. We almost crashed out in the Quarter-Finals but a tremendous effort from our players saw us win well in the end."

Players like Zidane, Aued, Jurc, Novotny, Baikie, Kareski and Petersen returning from a long injury are all expected to start the game. Some of the first team players will feature but they are all not expected to play 90 minutes this afternoon. Papaleo will play and captain the team.

Match Odds: Navoski 7/2, Draw 9/4, July Fourth 5/6.
    Last edited by July Fourth; 05-27-2013 at 02:42 PM.
    dv8r likes this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Addicted
    Apologies for the longish post, amount of screenshots and any repeats in advance, as I can't remember if I left an update or not after last week. Anyway, a quick screenshot update with some additional comments, starting with my match against my closest rival, AC LaPili.

Season 40-screen-shot-2013-05-27-14.58.53.jpg

I was unable to watch this match, but him and a supporter gave him a 5% possession bonus. Decent enough result I guess.

Season 40-screen-shot-2013-05-27-15.04.41.jpg

As you can, it was not the most exciting of matches against Blood Elf United in the 2nd leg, but after winning 5-0 away in the 1st leg beforehand, it didn't need to be. Quarter finals was secured.

Season 40-screen-shot-2013-05-27-15.07.09.jpg

A poor result for us here, seeing as we beat them 3-0 at home earlier in the season. Their only strength is that they have two very strong strikers (A 5* and 6*) but not much else. Without the two striker's, they would struggle badly.

Season 40-screen-shot-2013-05-27-15.09.06.jpg

A very frustrating match up to the point where we FINALLY got a goal after battering an illegal formation team from pillar to post in the whole match. The quick second helped as well. The downer came when we lost Sanchez in the final minute or so of the game due to injury (my first for some time) for 6 days. After spending 3 days in the treatment room, he was quick healed for 2 days and left to recover for the final one. He has returned today to play my league game.

Season 40-screen-shot-2013-05-27-15.12.56.jpg

A good start for us in the 1st leg of the CL quarter final, where the last minute goal from Urth proved to be quite useful.

Season 40-screen-shot-2013-05-27-15.15.06.jpg

After dropping my first points in around 30 games against these at the beginning of the season and having no other games today, we took no chances and fielded our strongest available team. A handsome win was the reward, though Dos Santos got injured in this match for about 4 days (Ha replaced him). Dos Santos was rested for 2 days and quick healed for 1 day. He has returned today.

Season 40-screen-shot-2013-05-27-15.18.19.jpg

In the most exciting match of the lot, we pretty much sealed our passage into the semi finals with two early goals, giving us a 4-0 advantage and two away goals. However, they did not go without a fight and managed to pull a goal back shortly after, before Jorgensen scored to get another away goal and retain our handsome lead. Still, they pushed and pushed, scoring two goals in the process, but the previous match and early two gaols in this effectively put them out, as it was too much to ask.

Final score after two legs - Rhondda Rovers 5 - 3 Mike FC

Season 40-screen-shot-2013-05-27-15.22.45.jpg

An infuriating game against FCB, considering we beat them 4-0 earlier on in the season. We didn't carve that many chances and they scored from pretty much their only real chance on goal. The only consolation from this was that my rival lost his match, so the draw opened up the gap slightly between me and him.

Season 40-screen-shot-2013-05-27-15.25.33.jpg

The final match update was against Atletico Alberto, the only team to beat me this season. This time however, revenge was served good and proper. I was unable to watch the majority of the match, but caught the final 15 minutes of the match (so saw Sutcu's goal).

With these matches, we are currently 3 points ahead of second with a superior goal difference and a game in hand later tonight and in the CL semi final (1st leg tonight).

The next matches are against Marko FC, who will play against my backup team, and a Thai team (name are all square's) who are a little weaker than me, but have not lost a league game this season. I expect a close game, though it would be great to get an away goal or two tonight.

On the player front, we have been kind of busy, selling three players and signing one.

Steigelmann, as you may remember, was sold in the end for £7.63m in the hope that there may be a little rush for him. He was pretty much sold at market value, so nothing special there. We also sold our crap youth player Sean Kelly, who was sold for £2.46m, and earlier this morning, even though the selling price was not met at £4.32m and 7T, we accepted an offer for Van Ryckegem for £4.02m (£700k over the market value) and 5T on the assumption that no one was going to offer that much again this season. We currently have an offer on the table for Attila Szabo for £4.63m and 3T (£600k over the market value). I have set the selling price at £5.08m and 6T, but will likely consider accepting it if there is no increase.

In the last 4 days, we signed our token youth player due to needing a DC better than Van Ryckegem and the DMC is something we were missing:

Season 40-screen-shot-2013-05-27-15.40.34.jpg

He will be handy as a squad player and, importantly, for playing in matches where a DMC might be needed.

That's my big update from me, and hopefully I will never do this size update again.
    July Fourth likes this.
    Rhondda Rovers (The Rebirth) - Season 5, Level 3

Career Progress:

League Titles - 3
    Cup Winners - 1
    Champions League Winners - 1