View Poll Results: Should TE change the tie-break rules of Champion's League group stage ?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • TE must change and follow the FIFA rules. More simple.

4 57.14%
  • Keep it as it is, UEFA rules, teams in questions every time.

3 42.86%
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By nikolgiorgos

Thread: FIFA or UEFA rules for a tie-break in a Champions League group ?

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar

FIFA or UEFA rules for a tie-break in a Champions League group ?

The game now is using UEFA criteria as the name is Champions League, based in the relative European competition of UEFA (European federation) .
    But every season , a day like this (the last day of the group stage games) I keep seeing posts from managers who don't understand why the finished 2nd or 3rd.
    So maybe it's time for nordeus to use the criteria of FIFA for World Cup instead of CL ?
    It's more easy to understand them, specially for those who are not familiar with football regulations or with the English language too.

* also to remind you that the criteria for the League winner are based at FIFA rules, not head to head which might making things more confuse.

FIFA or UEFA rules for a tie-break in a Champions League group ?-fifa-uefa-rules.jpg
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 08-03-2019 at 10:08 AM.
    khris and IImaestroII like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Apprentice
    I don't see what's confusing about the UEFA's rules. And World Cup group stage only plays each team once before moving on where CL gives each team 2 matches against each other. Reading the rules here, that's the only real difference and I guarantee a lot of people would be more upset with a 3 match group stage than a 6 match group stage where you can maybe get back at that team that took points from you before. Tie breakers are pretty simple, if you have equal amount of pts its goal difference. If you have equal goal difference its broken by who scored the most goals away from home. Usually it does not need to go down to such specific terms though.
    The Warpstars - League Level 25 - Club Record: 746W - 120D - 146L
    Goals Scored: 3094 Goals Against: 863
    Club History
    11 League Trophies: 3,4,5,7,8,9,10,17,18,19,24 | 6 Runner-Up: 2,6,11,13,16, 20
    2 Cup Trophies: 5,7 | 4 Runner-Up: 10,17,19,24
    0 Super League Trophies: | 0 Runner-Up:
    3 Champion's League Trophies: 2,10,22 | 4 Runner-Up: 8,12,19,24
    0 Triple Crowns:

Even you don't know the rules
    With 2 teams with same points, you compare head to head, not gd

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ποσιδονας View Post
    Even you don't know the rules
    With 2 teams with same points, you compare head to head, not gd
    it's not available anymore... someone put here an example where he was better h2h with 2nd place ( won 3-1 and lost 0-1), but somehow he ended 3rd

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by funker View Post
    it's not available anymore... someone put here an example where he was better h2h with 2nd place ( won 3-1 and lost 0-1), but somehow he ended 3rd
    I 've never seen an example with some kind of mistake (in pics, not in words).

And World Cup group stage only plays each team once before moving on where CL gives each team 2 matches against each other.
    I don't mean to play only one round.
    It's home-away but first counts gd from all the group games.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

World Cup it's totally different, you play only 3 games, Champions league and Europe league you play 6 games , home/ away, those people which complaining every time they should start learn rules , because the football it's not only watch the game, you must to know and the rules, if nordeus change, then the people will complain ,because nordeus not follow the rules, my vote it's NO

Trimis de pe al meu SM-G950F folosind Tapatalk