Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Gk importance

Question Gk importance

My GK is one of my worst players in the team, being 95% + one on one stopper atm, however i don't concede many goals.
    His performance is solid, he scores an 7-8 most of the time.
    Next season i will buy a new goalkeeper but i don't know how many tokens/money i want to spend.
    It always feels like gk's dont really matter that much. i might buy a recommended player for ~80 tokens but i don't know if it should be a goalkeeper or not.
    7* attackers always shine, but 7* goalkeepers don't.
    any recommendations for how i should spend my tokens?

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    As you can read a relative thread I started, GKs are cosmetic.
    If you have many tokens and want to build a strong team, buy a scout GK, old with high q and 50 tokens.
    milpol likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Addicted
    If you say that gks are only cosmetic so why you suggest him to spend so much tokens for goalkeeper?
    P.S try gk as corner kick taker - you can be very surprised .

He said that goalkeepers is cosmetic (I agree with this)
    If you want to have a strong team just buy a scout gk every season. Otherwise (that's what I'm doing) is to get one 18yo gk and keep him for 5 seasons.

If you will lose your gk 70% of the time will have lower rate than 7.otherwise if u win combined with a clean sheet he will get a 8
    For official in-game help please refer to Top Eleven Support here.
    I upload top eleven content on my YouTube Channel.

Quote Originally Posted by tomu741 View Post
    If you say that gks are only cosmetic so why you suggest him to spend so much tokens for goalkeeper?
    If he can afford it why not.
    I haven't any info about his quality, sources, budget or targets.

What I don't recommend is to try to find a GK young fast trainer and spend greens to add sa or quality for keeping him for many seasons.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    If he can afford it why not.
    What I don't recommend is to try to find a GK young fast trainer and spend greens to add sa or quality for keeping him for many seasons.
    Why? I usually buy a 3* fast trainer GK at his 18, train him well and keep him until he is 25-26. I'm sure I spend less tokens comparing to other methods... And I'm comfortable with the results.
    FC Elkhorn - Level 12
    Association: Russian Dream Team (#6P73JL)

Achievements:
    9 League
    5 Champions League
    6 Cup
    4 Super Cup
    4 Triple Crowns

Ok but you don't need to buy a 3* player for this. We do that for attackers or defenders to increase a lot their white skills. In GKs doesn't matter. If you can find a cheap one with 70-80% it's better.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    Ok but you don't need to buy a 3* player for this. We do that for attackers or defenders to increase a lot their white skills. In GKs doesn't matter. If you can find a cheap one with 70-80% it's better.
    If GKs don't matter why wouldn't we put a 1% GK into the squad?

If they still do matter, I'd rather have a fast trainer so that he upskills from games and I don't spend too much rest packs in the beginning of each new season.
    maloukees likes this.
    FC Elkhorn - Level 12
    Association: Russian Dream Team (#6P73JL)

Achievements:
    9 League
    5 Champions League
    6 Cup
    4 Super Cup
    4 Triple Crowns

Addicted
    For me the best answer was from khris that whatever you buy there are only 2 ways - it's good player or it's - potato. If he is that second option than you should get rid of him as soon as possible.
    2 seasons ago i had goalkeeper 6* with one on one stopper and he was really bad, usually get 6 rating at the end of the match. Than next season i bought other 5* without any special ability and he is much much better. He gets often 8 rating, he saves a lot of goals. Plus i make him as corner kick taker and he is really good at this ( i know how it sound so ridiculous and nordeus must change this because it is total nosense).
    maloukees likes this.

Famous
    GK matters a lot...

A few seasons ago I bought a scout GK for 79 tokens.... he was I think like 119% or something but his performance was grap ... always like a 6 sometimes MOM then again 3 games a 6....
    So I sold him.. and bought a much lower level keeper like 80% I think and performed much better....
    If the player plays like not good... just sell him and buy a new one....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast