Thread: How many stars should your players have?

How many stars should your players have?

Since every time you go up a division your players drop a star I guess star rating should be a decent way to base your player stats off for everyone here.

My squad is 4 - 2 stars right now. Some of the 4* are at 29 quality and about to hit 5 star, some of the 3* are 24 and about to hit 4 star, and the two 2* players that I'm keeping are both young and 19 quality about to hit 3*.

So I'm in division 3 and my squad ranges from 29 - 19 in quality, I'm gonna call it 30 - 20 (5* - 3*) though because that's what it should be by the end of the day. When should I start looking to invest in players higher than 5*?

What about your squad? did you keep it around 5*-4* throughout most seasons?

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetzki View Post
    Since every time you go up a division your players drop a star I guess star rating should be a decent way to base your player stats off for everyone here.

My squad is 4 - 2 stars right now. Some of the 4* are at 29 quality and about to hit 5 star, some of the 3* are 24 and about to hit 4 star, and the two 2* players that I'm keeping are both young and 19 quality about to hit 3*.

So I'm in division 3 and my squad ranges from 29 - 19 in quality, I'm gonna call it 30 - 20 (5* - 3*) though because that's what it should be by the end of the day. When should I start looking to invest in players higher than 5*?

What about your squad? did you keep it around 5*-4* throughout most seasons?
    Level 3 you dont really need anything higher than 4/5 stars. I generally have 4/5 star players and in four seasons ive won league 4 times, champs league 2 times (runner up the other year) and runner up in the cup once. It depends how bad you want the cup tbh, its all teams the same as or slightly better than you so you kinda need to invest to be that bit better, though the financial rewards arent great.

IMO alot of people over spend and have alot more quality than they need to win league/champs league

I would always aim for a minimum benchmark of a 5* first XI in the earlier levels, when you get to about L8 or above, then its time to get 5* subs as well and even have some players that are 6* in your first XI, this will ensure you are competitive in the league and champions league each and every season, you may not win it every season depending on your opponents but it should get you close to winning at the very least.

As you move up through the levels the relative quality increases slightly and general activity of rival teams also increases slightly.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

I don't think star player. I'm use young player ^^
    YOU're MANAGER, YOU MANAGE

Congratulation Arsenal!!
    Hope these thread could help you, Formation-Tactic and GUIDE

Apprentice
    4-5 stars for me. no token buyer, lvl 4. Team quality is a matter of tokens, but you should be able to reach 4 stars mid-season with tokens from free offers.
    getting one scout as star player is nice though.
    Last edited by Bermudo; 05-06-2013 at 11:07 AM.