Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: New Season

Apprentice

New Season

I can't wait for the new season, this last season draw was completely unfair for me. I read that new season draws are based on your best 14 players and I just wanted to know if this was before or after the loss of a star or not. Also, what is season scheduling based on? The past 3 seasons all of my games have ran like really freaking close to each other and not allowing adequate rest of my starters. Like I'll have a game in the morning, afternoon, and late that night at least 3 days of the week with one day in between each to rest. This last season I was scheduled like that it felt as if the game was just forcing me out of the tournaments which I eventually did. How am I supposed to compete adequately when I have a cup game 2 hrs before my league game, both against stronger opponents?
    Last edited by TheWhiteKirby; 11-09-2019 at 04:21 AM.
    The Warpstars - League Level 25 - Club Record: 746W - 120D - 146L
    Goals Scored: 3094 Goals Against: 863
    Club History
    11 League Trophies: 3,4,5,7,8,9,10,17,18,19,24 | 6 Runner-Up: 2,6,11,13,16, 20
    2 Cup Trophies: 5,7 | 4 Runner-Up: 10,17,19,24
    0 Super League Trophies: | 0 Runner-Up:
    3 Champion's League Trophies: 2,10,22 | 4 Runner-Up: 8,12,19,24
    0 Triple Crowns:

Addicted
    Draws are based on quality, not stars.

The minimum time between matches is 3 hours. The times of your home games are based on the location you entered when creating your account.

@white Kirby I only know we have to sell before they lose their star as it is during maintenance. I face the scheduling issues too. It's always only 3 hours apart. Only on rare occasion do I get 12 hours apart which is kind of perfect.

I have a question to add regarding new seasons as well. If my player is injured, should I heal him or does he recover instantly once the new season starts.

I wanted to play some friendlies to get some greens but fear injuries and I have not been able to build up a good stock of reds as my players kept getting injured when I used to train them till their condition bottomed out whenever I logged in.
    Last edited by Sillybq; 11-09-2019 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhiteKirby View Post
    I can't wait for the new season, this last season draw was completely unfair for me. I read that new season draws are based on your best 14 players and I just wanted to know if this was before or after the loss of a star or not.
    It doesn't matter because everyone will lose 20% at the start of the new season and they can't buy/sell when server is down. Top 14 players will count when maintance begins at night (in europe at least).

Those are among the main downsides of this game. Someone cannot play the game as a proper game manager else he is likely to get significantly penalised.

Basically, this game has become a manipulation game. Manipulation was already required way back in the past, but is was mainly for those who wanted to have significanlty more chance to win the Cup, but these days it applies to almost in any competition and even to events. They should changed the name and call it Top Fourteen - Be A Football Manager and Manipulator. Users manipulating draws are not to be blamed as they do not have must choice themselves, even those that spend a lot of money get penalised if they do not manipulate because they get put into tough competitions that only become a pain in the as* in the long run. This game, especially when the events are around, has become more like a real life daily job than a game for entertainment itself except that instead of the users getting paid, it is them that pay.

You spoke about matches being closely set together... what does a manager suppose to do when being put into such situations? He has to have a large squad with most players having enough quality so that a squad rotation system can be used as required. But, how will that be feasible if the user has to sell half of his squad at the end of every season and buy a new half at the start of the next season? How can a user (even a decent spender) do that repetitively every season in this game? Does Nordeus think it is reasonable to spend a 100 of USD or more every season? Only those that have collected a lot resources with time (for example, those that played this game for years non-stop, and profited from the offer flaws or those that been tanking a lot of months and saved resources) can do that. All this together with the difficulty in finding the desired players from the market has made this game a big pain to play.

They call this game a football management game? It is more like a game of one season disposables, where players have become a buy, use one season and throw away unless the user opts for tanking. In some way, tankers cannot be blamed for having opted to tank because the company encourages to do so and even indirectly give rewards for doing so.

I, myself, I never significantly manipulated the quality of my team to get better draws. I mostly sold players that were past it or that will not be useful in the same or the next season. I never even had those midgets (1-3 star players) in my team. I was selling or releasing those that came from the academy. I am more the type of manager that prefers to keep a big squad of players for both the present season and the futur seasons, but for next season, I will go the manipulation way. Just what Nordeus think of themselves? I have said a lot in this thread: https://forum.topeleven.com/suggesti...tml#post642736. I have spent more than 100 USD in the space of less than 1.5 months since my comeback to build a team that was supposed to be a long term investment, but look into what competitions they have put me to play this season. I was put to play against +1 level teams in the Cup and Champions League, where many of the opponents were active themselves and some were double and treble winners last season. The league has been so tough that I could have ended up below top 4. What was I suppose to do, spend another 100 USD or so? Someone can take all this for a challenge once, but in the long run it will become a pain. It is clear that this company has moved in the direction of dirty business. They set things in such a way that users will have to keep spending and spending and not small amounts but big amounts (unacceptable and beyond limit) so that they have a chance to win, and their scammy offers and so-called sales just says it all. Instead of continuing to buy a lot, I stopped, and if many other big token buyers do the same as me, it will be a good way to teach them a lesson. You know what, some have said that there are marketing problems and communications problems, but I tell you that it is likely that some people there at Nordeus know very well whet they been doing, and in some way to say, if they see our complaints, they will be smiling at the corner of their mouths. They did many things on purpose. Admins read through threads on this forum itself, and they likely to be reporting back their findings. There are no excuses.
    Last edited by Tactician; 11-09-2019 at 10:35 AM.
    TheWhiteKirby likes this.

Yep, it’s now all about manipulation and Nordeus seems to encourage it. It would be interesting to see how the game would go if all avenues to tanking were removed.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1311 View Post
    Yep, it’s now all about manipulation and Nordeus seems to encourage it.
    no, the game encourage the active players and token buyers (like Tactician) to spend more, by putting them to play vs +1LV opponents in CL and Cup

Some players/members encourage manipulation so to avoid this
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    no, the game encourage the active players and token buyers (like Tactician) to spend more, by putting them to play vs +1LV opponents in CL and Cup

In my opinion tanking is the #1 manipulation. Nordeus does not discourage this. Because of this, manipulation is the norm especially by non-tankers.
    maloukees likes this.
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post

Yes, but indirectly, it is the company that encourages or rather forces users to use those ways, as even if the user himself is not keen of using this way, with time he will have to as what other choices are left other than quitting the game? Who would keep spending 100 USD or more every season for such a game only to put his team to a level that will allow him to challenge and be competitive for the competitions (including events) he has been put in? This is madness. What the company is asking for is very unreasonable. This is game focused on mobile platforms and it has lots of flaws and limitations, but they asking money maybe more than what much better games on better gaming platforms ask. Another downside is how inconvenient this game has become, especially when there are events.

One thing for sure, Nordeus asks for too much (money, effort and time) but give little value back in return. What is worst is they tend into making changes, introducing things and so on that only make the game further a pain to play or make users get further angry.
    Last edited by Tactician; 11-09-2019 at 11:31 AM.
    dave1311 and TheWhiteKirby like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    What is worst is they tend into making changes, introducing things and so on that only make the game further a pain to play or make users get further angry.
    Absolutely spot on.
    maloukees likes this.
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast