Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Tactical Interview - The Prof -leave your question

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    We will try to make a interview to @Illmaestroll, known as The Prof, so I invite you all - and firstly to the forum newcomers- to ask any question you want
    As experienced manager for sure that you can learn a lot.

So feel free to post here

Attachment 130636
    First question khris is, how in God's good name did he get a team that strong!!!! Or is your lvl lower than his and he looks like a GOD!!!

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Will he be coming back? He only answered Khris questions so far
    Last edited by Sillybq; 11-14-2019 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sillybq View Post
    Will he be coming back? He only answered Khris questions so far
    I'm active on the forum : ) i will answer all the questions

“Football is born in the brain, not in the body"

Quote Originally Posted by IImaestroII View Post
    I'm active on the forum : ) i will answer all the questions
    Thank you very much for your effort and time. Very much appreciated and I feel enlightened
    IImaestroII likes this.

Thanks for the responses so far, really interesting views and they've made me look at my formation and tactics.

I'd like to know where you buy your players? Do you spend the time on the auctions to find that good young player, or go for players from the Assistant?

As I've gone up through the levels I've found it harder and harder to identify good players on the auction. What do you look for when buying a player?
    IImaestroII likes this.

My aims are to : 1- counter opposition formation
    2- exploit opposition formation weak points by using these overloads
    3- have 1v1 during attacking pahse and +1 man in defensive phase ( in some case +1 man is not doable but still a 1v1 in both phases)

"Weak points" = you control that area = cheap poss%, so you can change opposition defensive shape, and create space for you players to exploit

Attachment 130762

Attachment 130763

So that's why i play this strange formations
    Based on the above, I am curious to know what will do you against 3N-1DMC-2MC-3WAM-1 and 3W-1DMC-2MC-3WAM-1.
    IImaestroII likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo_Mansio View Post
    Thanks for the responses so far, really interesting views and they've made me look at my formation and tactics.

I'd like to know where you buy your players? Do you spend the time on the auctions to find that good young player, or go for players from the Assistant?

As I've gone up through the levels I've found it harder and harder to identify good players on the auction. What do you look for when buying a player?
    Yes i always buy players from auction( i spent hours sometimes ). I usually search for 3-4 stars young players (18-20 yo) with high value and wage and then train them. Other characteristics like foot , height depends on the role

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    Based on the above, I am curious to know what will do you against 3N-1DMC-2MC-3WAM-1 and 3W-1DMC-2MC-3WAM-1.
    3 ( DL-DC-DR ) - 1DMC - ML ( or MR )- MC - MC - AML - AMC - AMR for both. One of the easiest formation to exploit for me ( especially the 1st one )

3 ( DL-DC-DR ) - 1DMC - ML ( or MR )- MC - MC - AML - AMC - AMR for both. One of the easiest formation to exploit for me ( especially the 1st one )
    So, your approach is to set one defender per attacker in your defence and sacrifice the only ST to have one more man in midfield and you positioned him in such a way that he appears to be free to receive the ball to participate in your build-up from defense to attack while the other nearby players keep the opposing players busy (taken by zonal marking). What if the opponent uses man-to-man marking? This free player will be likely to be tightly marked then.
    Last edited by Tactician; 11-16-2019 at 12:32 PM.
    IImaestroII likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    So, your approach is to set one defender per attacker in your defence and sacrifice the only ST to have one more man in midfield and you positioned him in such a way that he appears to be free to receive the ball to participate in your build-up from defense to attack while the other nearby players keep the opposing players busy (taken by zonal marking). What if the opponent uses man-to-man marking? This free player will be likely to be tightly marked then.
    Exactly, you got it . If oppo man mark nothing will change, instead it will be worse for him cause with this player positioning i basically " fix " the postition of his players, his MC will stick with MC , his DMC will stick with AMC etc.. i have total control of what sopt will be free and what spot will be occupied. With MTM oppo players will have to move and change who to mark dinamically and it his during this phase my team will find the " hole ". So either Zonal or Mtm the logic is the same.

Think about how semi-conductors work

Tactical Interview - The Prof -leave your question-image010.jpg

you leave a spot and come to my spot = you leave a space and it become free to get occupied , do this till the DC will move out of his position -> free space for another player to get there and have a chance to score
    khris likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast