Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: Season 125 - Are you ready?

Rookie
    This is what I call a disappointing start of the season. 2-2 against a team who placed a goalkeeper as a defender.

Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk

Thanks to all returning Managers!
    and a big Welcome to all the new Managers!

Before we start, here's some questions for you:

What have you learned from last season?
    It can be easier winning trophies by letting the team coast instead of putting in a lot of effort making sure players are fully trained whenever possible and all condition and morale the best they can be...

Where did you place last season?
    Desert Rats FC: League Champions and Cup Winners; exited Champions League at Quarter-Final stage.
    Nouvion FC: League Runner-Up and Cup Winners; knocked out of the Champions League in the Semi-Finals

Are you participating in the Association's Cup?
    Nouvion FC are, Desert Rats FC not.

What are your achievements in your Association?
    Nouvion FC: Team won three out of four Tournaments, came second in the other. Promoted to Gold 2 - had enough points for Gold 1 though...

What's your current level?
    Desert Rats are at Level 43 and starting their 50th Season
    Nouvion FC are at Level 12 in their 12th Season

What's your budget for this season?
    Whatever's in the bank, which has been swollen over the past season as player expenditure was minimal and a few tokens have been accumulated...

Who do you want to replace?

For both teams, strengthening the defence is a priority this season. Desert Rats need a central midfielder, and their utility AM player is now getting old in the tooth and won't go on still playing, still banging in the goals (295 matches, 253 goals). Nouvion are OK otherwise, but will probably replace other position players if the right ones come up in auction or recommendations.

What are your goals for this season?
    Win as much as possible.

What's your training level?
    Desert Rats FC are at Level 91, still.
    Nouvion FC are at Level 74.

Which will be your main formation?
    Butterfly. 4-5-1V or 4-2-3(AM)-1 if the situation calls for it.

Good luck to everybody this Season!
    And from me too...
    Last edited by talisman; 11-11-2019 at 10:42 AM.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Quote Originally Posted by Sillybq View Post
    It will be sad to see you go. I liked reading your posts and especially your team updates. Best of luck in your final season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max McClean View Post
    I will not be leaving the forum, I will leave the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Max is the type that would probably be suitable for a type of chat service I was on more than years ago. It is called IRC. There, the user can stay anonymous and can chat to many other people on a common window. I was spending a lot of hours fooling around there. There were so many ways of having fun... you could even troll people.
    Last edited by Tactician; 11-11-2019 at 11:15 AM.

Rookie
    Since when the assistant player costs so much? Over 500T?

Quote Originally Posted by Sillybq View Post
    It will be sad to see you go. I liked reading your posts and especially your team updates. Best of luck in your final season.
    Quote Originally Posted by FmFm View Post

There are even more than that, upto near the 1000T and maybe even beyond. One thing for sure is that those players, even the lower price ones cost more than their actual value, and the prices simply get ridiculous when the quality of the players are above 7-stars.

I have bought a few daily offer players since my come back - a GK, 2 MCs and a ST. The GK was very average and the MCs same in terms of performance. Those 3 (costed in the 40-90T) were not worth the price payed at all despite that all 3 were 18 y.o and one of them a fast enough trainer. The ST (costed over 100T) was the only one that was worth it as he was a fast trainer and performed well. So, there is not enough guarantee that players from there will be good performance-wise, and thus it is usually not worth the risk of buying from there.
    Last edited by Tactician; 11-11-2019 at 11:31 AM.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    There are even more than that, upto a 1000T and maybe even beyond.
    Wow. I'm speechless

Wow. I'm speechless

Just imagine, someone bought a player for 500-700T and the player turn out to be a dud (or a flop). But there is worst as you could be offered a 27 y.o player for those prices.

500T, that's nothing...

Season 125 - Are you ready?-am-recommend-day-24-1129t.jpg

I think I've got an image of one costing 1149T somewhere, but you get the gist...
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Rookie
    Hell. Ehm, yeah, now I have a clear idea I bought one last year, I don't remember how much it was but less than 50T for sure. And he performed well, so can't complain

Well, the bunting is out for Desert Rats FC's 50th Season in TE.

Having reined in expenditure last season, the only player purchased was a DL/DC, the coffers are looking good for a punt at high honours, perhaps even a treble, as they go about defending a League Championship and Cup Winners double, with one player winning the Golden Boot in both the League and Cup competitions, and also the best rated player in the League.

Season 125 - Are you ready?-s49-l42-league-table.jpg

Season 125 - Are you ready?-s49-cup-final-result.jpg

Season 125 - Are you ready?-s49-l42-league-top-players.jpg

Season 125 - Are you ready?-s49-cup-top-players.jpg

Club History to Season 49:

Season 125 - Are you ready?-dr-club-history-season-49.jpg

The overall team Quality is low, starting at 76%, so as long as they don't encounter similarly-minded managers looking to spash the cash on a few new players, they should have a decent Quality advantage on their opponents this season, without going over the top and attracting the interest of the Nordeus Troll...

The current playing squad, with their club records...

Season 125 - Are you ready?-s50-playing-squad-initial.jpg

The Management is going hunting for a few new defenders, a midfielder and a utility AM to start with, so expect a few personnel changes in the near future.

The Champions League looks good, with all teams at the same Level; the Rats find themselves in the upper-mid range Quality to start with, but the Management expect to improve that to at least par with the best of them.

Season 125 - Are you ready?-s50-champ-groups-initial.jpg
    Last edited by talisman; 11-11-2019 at 02:32 PM.

Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast