Thread: Friend of CL opponent scheduling Friendlies just before our match

Rookie

Friend of CL opponent scheduling Friendlies just before our match

Anyone know a way to block Friendlies before a match? My opponent in CL semi has a friend who scheduled Friendlies directly before our match. While it does not exhaust my team it prevents me from making changes to the lineup. This guy is not on my “Friends” list but he can schedule Friendlies through an Association lookup. I find this uncool. Any suggestions?

Pro
    Theoretically, there should be a restriction that starting time of matches has to be 15 minutes from each other.

You could not ‘block’ a friendly being arranged (though I never experienced anyone trying to arrange friendly with me whilst they are not within the friend list).

An alternative solution is:
    1) Cancel that unwanted friendly
    2) Then arrange a friendly to start some 20 minutes, say 10.30, before your scheduled CL game
    3) Then at around 10.25, you cancel that friendly

At least you could ‘block’ others in trying to interfere with your match preparation.
    Last edited by HeavensAAA; 01-01-2020 at 02:31 PM.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Rookie
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will try that. I was able to cancel a Friendly that they has scheduled about 13 mins before my game. But they then waited a few minutes and scheduled another one closer to the actual time and it was automatically accepted (I had no option to cancel).

On the upside, I won the CL match.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavensAAA View Post
    Theoretically, there should be a restriction that starting time of matches has to be 15 minutes from each other..
    The 15 minute restriction, if working, would help but as games are 8 minutes it still only leaves 7 mins for changes. If the Friendly goes into extra time (as happened to me - unintentionally - once before) you are left with even less time. I often cannot be sitting at a computer waiting to make a change. I jump in when I can, make any needed changes, and then jump back out until game time.

My suggestion to the devs would be that all Friendly’s can be cancelled even up to the last minute and I would rework the ability of allowing “non-friends” to schedule Friendlies through the Association feature. The feature has benefits but it can also be abused.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by julien12 View Post
    The 15 minute restriction, if working, would help but as games are 8 minutes it still only leaves 7 mins for changes. If the Friendly goes into extra time (as happened to me - unintentionally - once before) you are left with even less time. I often cannot be sitting at a computer waiting to make a change. I jump in when I can, make any needed changes, and then jump back out until game time.

My suggestion to the devs would be that all Friendly’s can be cancelled even up to the last minute and I would rework the ability of allowing “non-friends” to schedule Friendlies through the Association feature. The feature has benefits but it can also be abused.
    The developer probably wants to ensure the game engine is set up with a minimum of 2 minutes before a game starts (and also discouraging players to keep changing tactics every few seconds before match starts), hence disabling all changes from both sides. This is a fair setting on its own.

As managers, we all could set up 4 saved formations and tactics, plus a 5th unsaved current one. So as long as you have some 5-10 seconds, you could easily swap the whole setup with a few clicks.

To be very precise, say you CL match is at 10.30, your earlier arranged friendly is at 10.15, you can cancel the friendly from around 10.12, as there is another restriction that friendlies cannot be arranged within 2 minutes, which is the above suggested 2-minute rule. You can use this to your advantage to protect from abuse too.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Rookie
    Will try it. Thanks for the thoughtful replies.