Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Best skills to train attacking players?

Apprentice

Best skills to train attacking players?

I always try to train Speed, Finishing and shooting.......Am i missing something or are they the best ones to max out?

Apprentice
    Could you give a little more information? For example what player are you training?

Lähetetty minun SNE-LX1 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Apprentice
    Strikers or AML/AMR

Every white skill is same important, because it also raises overall %.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    Every white skill is same important, because it also raises overall %.
    recognise the overall % being key....but am i not better offer achieving a 200+ finishing/shooting eand 100 Passing/crossing?? or is it better to be 130 Passing, crossing, shooting, finishing etc?

Quote Originally Posted by pleasures View Post
    recognise the overall % being key....but am i not better offer achieving a 200+ finishing/shooting eand 100 Passing/crossing?? or is it better to be 130 Passing, crossing, shooting, finishing etc?
    Depends on the position, but the main attributes i find in game are finishing and passing for attackers.
    I m still around, LOL!

I don't think it matters and the game takes into consideration the single white skills... Just average of white skills and overall quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    I don't think it matters and the game takes into consideration the single white skills... Just average of white skills and overall quality.
    The game definetely doesn t average the wihite skills in the competitive games.
    I find finishing being the most important skill, especially for the attackers.
    2nd i would rate passing in midfielders
    3rd the positioning in the players that need it.
    I m still around, LOL!

If that would have been the case, Ryan, i shouldn t have conceded more than 5 goals all season and i should defeat everyone with ease.
    I m still around, LOL!

Pro
    @pleasures On skills, as all suggested here, you should only train the white ones.

Firstly, you need to first identify what kind of formation and strategy you’d like to play. Then decide on which white skills you would focus on.

For example:
    1) 4-5V-1 (4-1DM-2-2W-1) ; mainly normal/attack + counter on, could be hard attacking when opponents’ side-backs are weak
    Best fit: Against equal strength or slightly better opposition who has an attacking formation
    Main skills for ST: finishing, passing and creativity - scoring from crosses from AMs and through-balls to wings
    Main skills for AMs: crossing, speed and shooting (works best with shadow striker SA) - crossing for ST and scoring from range when through

2) 3-4-1-2; hard attacking or attacking
    Best fit: Slightly weaker opponent without a DMC and does not play with 3 strikers
    Main skills: shooting, finishing and passing - with 2MCs, 1 AMC & 2 STs attacking the space in the middle when opponents are outnumbered, we would expect these 5 players would have lots of chances to shoot from everywhere

3) 4-1DM-4M-1 or 4-1-3-1-1; defensive + counter on
    Best fit: Better opponent from 5%+ to 20%
    Main skills for ST: finishing and speed (best with 1-on-1 SA) - quite obviously it is counter via middle with a lone striker to break through defence by speed and then finishing chances. Also need midfielders to have good passing skills and creativity

These are from observations while playing different formations.

No one way of doing this and there are a lot more , and you pick how you want to play.
    pleasures likes this.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast