Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Games scheduled too close to each other

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDunk View Post
    And you are what, level 5? Same level as me, and i doubt you re having a tougher season than i do...
    soooo....who s right here?
    What do you mean? I only said I feel they put matches close to each other to pressure us into watching video for greens. And I explained that I did not want to waste my greens so I started a second team to play one of the matches. Why do you sound so aggressive? I am not out here for an argument

And quite frankly, my response was to the thread starter
    Last edited by Sillybq; 01-10-2020 at 04:37 PM.
    ParshulXXL likes this.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillybq View Post
    Yes I face this too and I feel they do this on purpose to force us to watch videos for greens. I watch the videos anyway but I am forced to use them. I got so sick of wasting my greens that I now have a full 2nd team that plays whichever team is weaker for the day. Only on days where both matches are crucial do I play my first team twice.
    @Sillybq That’s true. We need to watch ads to earn enough to recover regulars for important matches in a row, and save up for power training as well.

As much as I also dislike using greens to recover conditions for matches, I won’t view it as a ‘waste’. If we use 1 green to recover 1 of our regulars to play the 2nd game which takes place just 3-4 hours after the 1st game, the player should generally gain 1-2 skills points for playing the match. That is about the same amount of skill points gained when we use those same 16% to 20% for training drills when it comes to high-star players. Motm 4% is even more important, so for me, all best 3 or 4 players should start all matches even if greens are needed. (Typically for power-trained players, gaining 1% skill point may take a green, so 4% motm gain with only a green is a no-brainer, assuming that we can win the match and top players perform like they usually would ;p )

My 2nd team is typically 1* worse than 1st team. They have 3 main uses:
    1) Save greens in closely-timed matches
    2) Come in as sub when first-11 gets a yellow card. Usually at half-time if yellow was issued before half-time, and always immediately anytime in the 2nd half when yellow is received
    3) Come in as starting players in Cup/CL semi-finals 2nd leg to prevent all previously yellow-carded regular players from possible suspension in the Cup/CL final when we have already secured a healthy 1st leg win
    Last edited by HeavensAAA; 01-10-2020 at 04:50 PM.
    ParshulXXL and Sillybq like this.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

What do you mean? I only said I feel they put matches close to each other to pressure us into watching video for greens. And I explained that I did not want to waste my greens so I started a second team to play one of the matches. Why do you sound so aggressive? I am not out here for an argument

And quite frankly, my response was to the thread starter
    So i m not trying to start an argument here but i think i ve faced enough games with low and high conditions against tougher opponents to have my own version of the story.
    Second of all, you said " I watch the videos anyway but I am forced to use them" you also said that you started to get sick wasting them and then bought another 11 to play the weaker teams.
    And my question is this one: Why do you think i am aggresive and wanna start an argument? Because i am quoting literally the words you are saying?

I also realised for the last couple of seasons that the league game is fixed at a specific hour with the rest of the teams in the league.
    CL and Cup games differ from the timezone you and your opponent have.
    I m still around, LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by HeavensAAA View Post
    Yes, opponent tactics would be revealed within the animations, and quite clearly.

Say zonal vs man-marking.

When it is zonal, we can see the marking defender is only keeping a distance from the ball-holding player and not attempting to move very close to the attacker. His job is kind of doing the minimum (saving energy) to ‘just to be there’ as a nuisance. Other defenders will form a stable shape to take the best positions to clear possible crosses.

Upside: Conditions saving. And also better team shape to avoid through-balls if general defence is better than opponent’s attack by a margin of at least 10%
    Downside: Defenders will allow more space for anyone to shoot, and especially vulnerable with long shots from AMs when there is no DMC or less DMC vs AMCs
    Perfect counter: AMR/AML/AMC (even better with shadow striker SA) will be having a field day because the opponents are not actively closing in to tackle, and so should go for attacking or hard attacking, with more AMs than opponents’ DM to win by scoring from range. Even better if we can sub in good AMs after 60th minute to take advantage of conditions (90%+ vs 70%+ in the last 15 minutes).

When it is man-marking, the man-marking defender will move very close to the ball-holding attacker and consistently try to push the attacker away from doing his preferred attack (say he covers the angle from crosses coming in and force the attacker passing back). Other defenders will be tracking each attacker to close down on possible passing coming to them.

Upside: Equal or slightly weaker team’s defenders will be able to match their attackers most of the time. Attacker finds it easy to have moves broken down by tackles at early stage of attacking moves. Good crosses also cannot come in that easily.
    Downside: Energy draining, which will pose a incurable problem on conditions deficit if attacking side knows this by earlier animation and switch to low pressing+zonal, then switch to high pressing+man-mark in 2nd half. Also vulnerable to creative and long-ball playing midfielders playing through-passes if attacking side has man-advantage in certain areas, say 3v2 on the flanks or 5v4 in the middle.
    Perfect counter: Rather than wasting energy to press and create chances when it is hard, switch to low press, zonal, normal/defensive and short passing to build up play from our back. That will further drain the defenders conditions. Then switch to high press and long pass after 60th minute, put on 90%+ midfielders sub, and keep attacking. Defending side is now exhausted and will concede loads.

Long/short passing type should be easy to tell, so won’t need further illustration.
    Generally, use offside trap to deal with long passing teams, or use offside trap with only 3 defenders (that means the 3 defenders have all to be top quality) having very good ‘positioning’ attributes can also stop counter attacks.
    Short passing means a very high, usually 85%+, passing success rate. Those teams are easiest to deal with as high pressing + hard attacking means they will usually lose possession in their own half, and they do not pose much attacking threat with little long balls.
    Mixed is the hardest to deal with as it needs the most caution of ours.

And that’s why I said inactive managers are the easiest to be dealt with, because they won’t change pressing type or zonal/man-marking type during games. Either they tire out to lose in 2nd half (we use only change to high pressing in 2nd half when they use high press the whole game), or they will lose because they don’t mark properly (AMs will score a lot with space).
    Thanks for explaining this to me in detail, i usually didn t pay attention to the animations, they are dull and the same in most of the times.
    Also i think that thing with the man-mark zonal is quite easy to spot, i used to score goals after long passes from my midfielder to my strikers when i ve played with short passes.
    I also have a specific strategic when things go wrong, so i am not all that about countering things if for one i don t have enough players or don t have time to watch the game i am playing.
    I m still around, LOL!

So i m not trying to start an argument here but i think i ve faced enough games with low and high conditions against tougher opponents to have my own version of the story.
    Second of all, you said " I watch the videos anyway but I am forced to use them" you also said that you started to get sick wasting them and then bought another 11 to play the weaker teams.
    And my question is this one: Why do you think i am aggresive and wanna start an argument? Because i am quoting literally the words you are saying?

I also realised for the last couple of seasons that the league game is fixed at a specific hour with the rest of the teams in the league.
    CL and Cup games differ from the timezone you and your opponent have.
    Firstly, how you want to play is up to you. I feel it is a waste to use greens when I feel my team is sufficiently strong after power training hence my response. How I play is up to me, I might play MTM and High Press to concede less and win by bigger margins. What has this have to do with our levels and our competition?

I never said you were wrong but you obviously think your opinion is the only correct one.

Firstly, how you want to play is up to you. I feel it is a waste to use greens when I feel my team is sufficiently strong after power training hence my response. How I play is up to me, I might play MTM and High Press to concede less and win by bigger margins. What has this have to do with our levels and our competition?

I never said you were wrong but you obviously think your opinion is the only correct one.
    Short answer, lower levels-less active managers, higher levels- more active managers.
    That s what i said what i said because on the lower levels you can get away with a lot of things.
    I m still around, LOL!

Short answer, lower levels-less active managers, higher levels- more active managers.
    That s what i said what i said because on the lower levels you can get away with a lot of things.
    I do not disagree with that. I have mentioned before that many Low level teams do not need to put in much effort to win. But i think it’s unrelated to why games are scheduled so close to each other.
    Last edited by Sillybq; 01-10-2020 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavensAAA View Post
    @Sillybq That’s true. We need to watch ads to earn enough to recover regulars for important matches in a row, and save up for power training as well.

As much as I also dislike using greens to recover conditions for matches, I won’t view it as a ‘waste’. If we use 1 green to recover 1 of our regulars to play the 2nd game which takes place just 3-4 hours after the 1st game, the player should generally gain 1-2 skills points for playing the match. That is about the same amount of skill points gained when we use those same 16% to 20% for training drills when it comes to high-star players. Motm 4% is even more important, so for me, all best 3 or 4 players should start all matches even if greens are needed. (Typically for power-trained players, gaining 1% skill point may take a green, so 4% motm gain with only a green is a no-brainer, assuming that we can win the match and top players perform like they usually would ;p )

My 2nd team is typically 1* worse than 1st team. They have 3 main uses:
    1) Save greens in closely-timed matches
    2) Come in as sub when first-11 gets a yellow card. Usually at half-time if yellow was issued before half-time, and always immediately anytime in the 2nd half when yellow is received
    3) Come in as starting players in Cup/CL semi-finals 2nd leg to prevent all previously yellow-carded regular players from possible suspension in the Cup/CL final when we have already secured a healthy 1st leg win
    Very true. I do most of what you mentioned and will probably add on what I am missing. Good info. For the MOM, I try to manipulate it so the players I am keeping for next season win it. So I mix my starters with my bench. But no player in my teams plays twice a day except on those days where both opponents are strong.
    HeavensAAA likes this.

I do not disagree with that. I have mentioned before that many level teams do not need to put in much effort to win. But i think it’s unrelated to why games are scheduled so close to each other.
    I was replying to your question.
    And i ve already given my opinion on why the games are scheduled close to each other and how you can get away without spending any greens to rest your players.
    You, triple A and me have different opinions, everyone uses what works for them, i ve just given my probably very vast experience with lower conditions games and how it affects your game, used to play it so frequently on my main account on the lower levels, i didn t manipulate anything and i didn t bought tokens, i didn t had the experience of the game i have now, but i was close to the top most of the times, i used to place top 3 always in the league and in the higher rankings in CL but back then i used to play with higher rating opponents in the cup and was the trophy that seemed to be a ilussion for me since most of my opponents were much better than me.
    I also have to mention that we didn t had the option to watch ads in my country back then.

I also have to mention that the last season my best 11 played 50 games or something very close to that, i didn t had fatigue issues or anything and my only bad result came in CL when i had 90+ condition and was favorite against the guy, so there s that also.
    I m still around, LOL!

I was replying to your question.
    And i ve already given my opinion on why the games are scheduled close to each other and how you can get away without spending any greens to rest your players.
    You, triple A and me have different opinions, everyone uses what works for them, i ve just given my probably very vast experience with lower conditions games and how it affects your game, used to play it so frequently on my main account on the lower levels, i didn t manipulate anything and i didn t bought tokens, i didn t had the experience of the game i have now, but i was close to the top most of the times, i used to place top 3 always in the league and in the higher rankings in CL but back then i used to play with higher rating opponents in the cup and was the trophy that seemed to be a ilussion for me since most of my opponents were much better than me.
    I also have to mention that we didn t had the option to watch ads in my country back then.

I also have to mention that the last season my best 11 played 50 games or something very close to that, i didn t had fatigue issues or anything and my only bad result came in CL when i had 90+ condition and was favorite against the guy, so there s that also.
    Mate, I always felt you were a good player and respect your opinions. But the engine could easily space out matches a little more but it doesn’t because it makes business sense to make us watch videos. That’s how I see it. I counter it using a second team. That’s all. Many ways of handling it. I don’t think your way is wrong either. I too have been unable to log in and played with a low condition team and won as well.
    SuperDunk likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast