Thread: Tactical help against table topper

Rookie

Tactical help against table topper

Day after tomorrow I have a match against the table topper. I am currently at 4th with 3 points separating all 4 of us. 2 3 4 are on same points, just with GD differences.

So here are our tactical setups

https://ibb.co/8B5010H

https://ibb.co/6JTSp90

I normally play a 4 2 3 1, attacking, down the flanks, short, counters off, high press, man to man and hard/normal tackle with offside on.

I am 114%, with a not so good substitute bench, he is 115.7%. So, tell me people what tactics should I use and what formation should I use

Rookie
    Would be of great help if someone comes up with an idea

Must use a DMC , maybe instead of your second MC.
    Defense, counter, flanks, high pressing, mix pass, man to man, offside off

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Ποσιδονας View Post
    Must use a DMC , maybe instead of your second MC.
    Defense, counter, flanks, high pressing, mix pass, man to man, offside off
    so I am doing this, 4 1 2 2 1. Using a dmc, playing my amc as MC and using the flanks?

Pro
    Yes, your 4-5v-1 (4-1DM-2-2W-1) would be the most logical counter formation, especially when you have both better AML & AMR vs their DR & DL.

If your opponent has very strong AML & AMR (better than your DR & DL), you may also consider the following:

Tactical help against table topper-623491be-e375-478f-8422-ff8e44c78b30.jpg

With this formation, you are using both DR & MR (and other side too) to squeeze out all the space of their wingers. MC will give you the possession in midfield. The only sacrifice you make is you are going to attack on one of the flank only, depending on which 1 is your stronger winger vs their weaker fullback. Your attack will be built from the back with 3v2 on the flank where you have a numerical advantage.

Long ball, one flank (flank with AML or AMR), offside on, counter on. Defensive, low press.
    Last edited by HeavensAAA; 01-14-2020 at 12:25 PM.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavensAAA View Post
    Yes, your 4-5v-1 (4-1DM-2-2W-1) would be the most logical counter formation, especially when you have both better AML & AMR vs their DR & DL.

If your opponent has very strong AML & AMR (better than your DR & DL), you may also consider the following:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	623491BE-E375-478F-8422-FF8E44C78B30.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	131803

With this formation, you are using both DR & MR (and other side too) to squeeze out all the space of their wingers. MC will give you the possession in midfield. The only sacrifice you make is you are going to attack on one of the flank only, depending on which 1 is your stronger winger vs their weaker fullback. Your attack will be built from the back with 3v2 on the flank where you have a numerical advantage.

Long ball, one flank (flank with AML or AMR), offside on, counter on. Defensive, low press.
    thanks a lot!