Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: A noob here looking for some answers :)

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    8

    A noob here looking for some answers :)

    Recently faced a guy in champions league . Used a 4-1(DM)-2(MC)-2(AML-AMR)-1(ST) formation and a 4-3W-1-2 and lost both games even though I am a fair bit (15%) stronger than him . Just curious to know what formation is the counter to this and if I got my formation wrong .

    A noob here looking for some answers :)-whatsapp-image-2020-01-21-6.00.05-pm.jpeg

    This is the formation he was using .




    Also my next opponent is the cup a bit stronger than me and would appreciate any ideas on how to beat this formation as well .
    A noob here looking for some answers :)-whatsapp-image-2020-01-21-6.00.08-pm.jpeg


    Thank you in advance

  2. #2
    Champion SuperDunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,089
    This forum posted my comment twice. KUDOS
    I m still around, LOL!

  3. #3
    Champion SuperDunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,089
    I have a saying: lose once it s on the game, but lose twice it s your fault. Losing to a 15% worse team in a knockout round it s mainly your fault.
    To everyone that keeps asking on formations tips it all depends on your players. I would have played through the middle against your first opponent, same with the 2nd opponent.
    Try playing defensive+counter attack on and see what it gets you.
    if your dmc could play MC or AMC would be even better since your opponent doesn t have an DMC.
    good luck with your game.
    Try using man to man defending +( high pressing in the 2nd half)..
    I m still around, LOL!

  4. #4
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDunk View Post
    I have a saying: lose once it s on the game, but lose twice it s your fault. Losing to a 15% worse team in a knockout round it s mainly your fault.
    To everyone that keeps asking on formations tips it all depends on your players. I would have played through the middle against your first opponent, same with the 2nd opponent.
    Try playing defensive+counter attack on and see what it gets you.
    if your dmc could play MC or AMC would be even better since your opponent doesn t have an DMC.
    good luck with your game.
    Try using man to man defending +( high pressing in the 2nd half)..
    Well I did play defensive and counter attack , played the first with a DMC and second with a MC as I stated and still lost . Did use man to man defending and high pressing and that just got me losing by more goals actually lol

  5. #5
    Champion SuperDunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Meeran View Post
    Well I did play defensive and counter attack , played the first with a DMC and second with a MC as I stated and still lost . Did use man to man defending and high pressing and that just got me losing by more goals actually lol
    high press plus man to man defending improves defending.
    what were your players conditions before the game?
    to what scores did you lost?
    I m still around, LOL!

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    8
    Full 100 % condition both games . First game lost 0-2 with the first formation I mentioned , a 4-1-2-2-1 . My opponent wasn't even present for the away game and I had bonus possession , more shots on target and yet lost .

    The second game I put out a 4-3-1-2. And yet still lost 2-4 in a home game again where i had bonus possession . Both games I had full on condition , all players above 5 and half stars , all training sessions done , bonuses at max as well . That's why it baffles me I lost .

  7. #7
    Champion SuperDunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Meeran View Post
    Full 100 % condition both games . First game lost 0-2 with the first formation I mentioned , a 4-1-2-2-1 . My opponent wasn't even present for the away game and I had bonus possession , more shots on target and yet lost .

    The second game I put out a 4-3-1-2. And yet still lost 2-4 in a home game again where i had bonus possession . Both games I had full on condition , all players above 5 and half stars , all training sessions done , bonuses at max as well . That's why it baffles me I lost .
    Whatever, this game works at the throw of the dice, i ve lost 2 out of 3 finals in CL because the game wanted me to. Nothing i could have done to prevent that.
    In this stupid event i had 2 accounts playing and guess what, i ve conceded 2 goals when playing defending and leading the game and conceded 2 counter attacks when also playing defending while i was better in every aspect than my opponent.
    So the point is that the game just makes you think there s something tactical about it, but there it isn t . It s all an illusion. trust me ! Maybe couple of years ago it would have worked sometimes, but nowadays ask the older players and they will tell you that mainly this is all random generated.
    I ve been playing this game and tweaked it s things and the results are almost everytime the same, with small differences.
    I m still around, LOL!

  8. #8
    Champion SuperDunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,089
    It might be my problem that i take the game too seriously.
    But the truth is that i wouldn t recommend this game to my worst enemy.
    I m still around, LOL!

  9. #9
    Dreamer
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    319
    Your cup opponent plays a 4-3w-3. One of the easiest to counter.

    Play 4-4-1-1 if you have a top AMC, or 4-4-2 if you have 2 good STs.

    If opponent has a top ST that your DCs may find it difficult to handle, then can consider playing 4-1-3W-1-1. Pull the DMC backward towards the DC area to limit space, as well as MC & AMC pulled back a bit to help control midfield.

    Middle, mixed/long, defensive, counter on, offside on. Could stay low pressing and zonal until either half-time or trailing by 2 goals (win in 2nd half with better conditions)

    AAAFC - Manager Level 8

  10. #10
    Champion Max McClean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    2,670
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDunk View Post
    It might be my problem that i take the game too seriously.
    But the truth is that i wouldn t recommend this game to my worst enemy.
    True, nothing to do with the CL Finals part but my league home form is poor, just 5 wins out of 6, and one loss, 15 goals scored and 7 conceded, that’s laughable. Away from home in the league, I have won 9 out of 9, scored 38 and conceded NONE, that does not make sense, your home is supposed to be your fortress not the other way around, maybe the players are motivated because they go out on dates with their girlfriends when they go on away trips . Apart from that I don’t know what could be going wrong, I actually hope I lose one game away so I can level this crap out.

    The same thing is that I also lost 3 out of 5 of my CL Finals.

    One of them was to a counter attack, another one was to set pieces where my defenders with 110+% attributes couldn’t stop attackers with 85% attributes. And the other was on a penalty shootout, all of my best players missed.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast