Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Free to play is pointless. Top 11 cares only about money

Free to play is pointless. Top 11 cares only about money

I am a high level player that used to buy tokens and be very active but its like the money spent hoping the game gets better has only lead to a terrible game engine, transfer policies without consistent regulations and refusal to make the access of tokens available by recycling free token options. The negotiation window being switched is still pointless and training players has become a gamble. Why is there not a token cap or some sort of transfer structure other than people just outbidding those with little to no tokens to improve their team. This is making the experience so terrible and I have been playing for years
    National teams need to make a comeback. The ground option needs to be revamped because it's a pointless feature after being valuable years ago. The youth academy is a waste of time and helps nothing. Losing 20% of your quality is terrible because no matter how hard you train it is never possible to regain the lost percentage due to factors of an individual player especially their age. This game has catered to those that throw money to solve problems meanwhile creating a less enjoyable game for those that try to do it without spending as much, train and try to build organically is impossible now. I would not mind spending if it was worth it but the game on the whole especially associations has failed.

Rix
    Rookie
    feeling sorry as you are not enjoying it anymore like before.

I'm not a high level (only level 8 atm) but % decrease is symbolic afaik.

a player at manager level 2 having 100% passing = 100+20*(2-1)= 120/4 = 30 quality (of passing).
    a player at manager level 3 having 80% passing = 80+20*(3-1) = 120/4 = 30 quality (of passing). it's same and the only difference is the % is showing as 80 instead of 100 like previous season (afaik).

(somewhere I've seen this formula).

and I don't think token cap will be a justified option. sorry.
    Last edited by Rix; 02-08-2020 at 03:41 PM.
    maloukees likes this.

Max

Quote Originally Posted by EdgecombeFC View Post
    I am a high level player that used to buy tokens and be very active but its like the money spent hoping the game gets better has only lead to a terrible game engine, transfer policies without consistent regulations and refusal to make the access of tokens available by recycling free token options. The negotiation window being switched is still pointless and training players has become a gamble. Why is there not a token cap or some sort of transfer structure other than people just outbidding those with little to no tokens to improve their team. This is making the experience so terrible and I have been playing for years
    National teams need to make a comeback. The ground option needs to be revamped because it's a pointless feature after being valuable years ago. The youth academy is a waste of time and helps nothing. Losing 20% of your quality is terrible because no matter how hard you train it is never possible to regain the lost percentage due to factors of an individual player especially their age. This game has catered to those that throw money to solve problems meanwhile creating a less enjoyable game for those that try to do it without spending as much, train and try to build organically is impossible now. I would not mind spending if it was worth it but the game on the whole especially associations has failed.
    (Post removed for being way off topic.)
    Last edited by Max; 02-09-2020 at 08:26 PM.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Max McClean View Post
    I know how that feels, I should have won 10 Champions Leagues in 23 seasons and have a runner up medal, I should have had 52 titles in 23 seasons, not 24, mainly due to trolls, I should have had.

17 League Titles (5x Runner Up)
    11 Champions League Titles (1x Runner Up)
    3 Super League Trophies.
    14 Cup Trophies (2x Runner Up)
    7x Super Cup Winner (1x Runner Up)

I should have played 1007 Won 917 Drew 46 Lost 44.

Scored: 4572
    Conceded: 437

(These are estimated.)

Not 805 wins out of 946 out of all my stints.

Sent from my iPhone using by pressing the Reply button.
    Max.
    WTF does any of this have to do with the thread?

Max

Quote Originally Posted by Altiplano View Post
    Max.
    What does any of this have to do with the thread?

I deleted it thanks for this,

I got completely carried away, I don’t know what I was thinking as I was thinking of another old thread from ages ago.

Oh well that is gone now.

Last edited by Max; 02-09-2020 at 07:31 PM.

Max
    You are right, you said you bought tokens in the hope it would make the game better for you, well that certainly wasn’t the case with what you said, the game engine I feel is designed to make you pay more, so if you are not doing well you might just think “maybe one more time” and yet that doesn’t work.

For the free token options, I agree with you there, there should be some option to make it easier to get free tokens, it is a pain trying to going through countless surveys and eventually going through all that hassle for six tokens.

Apparently the youth academy increases your chance of getting grouped with really high quality teams if you have high quality YA players.

I think the 20% quality drop is harsh because since I have never spent a dime on the game, it takes me the entire season to recover my team quality, and that cycle repeats over and over again, I think something should be changed.

Famous

Sorry to hear that.....

I never bought any tokens or spent real money

But if you focus andnot try to get your team as high in percents as possible.
    Just keep it ay the end of the season atound between 90 and 100% , your draw will be not so bad.
    And you are anle to play fot all the titles

Addicted
    some time ago i maked a thread that suggest different kind of percentage loos, you can guess is it aplied.
    However, in short, i was going with this that players ages 18-21 dont loose anything at end of season but cant train max skill power higher than 10% per season, 22-24 loose 10%, 25-28 loose 20% and 29 and above loose 25% that will follow natural grove and development of players and allow us to spend more time to train youth players that will stay in team for longer

If you know how the game works, you don't need to spend a penny. This requires knowledge and play at least 6 months.

Max

Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    If you know how the game works, you don't need to spend a penny. This requires knowledge and play at least 6 months.
    That is true, this is nothing special but I figured out how to use my tests accordingly, with the training sessions and the condition booster to save rests, I use to use them all the day before the match to give my team the full boost, which I know now is stupid (but what did I know? I was a newbie:

Now, would calculate how much condition would be gained between now and my next match and then, if I the players were not at 99% by then, I would use some rests to finish the job. This would save me so many rests during the season, this is a method I would have used to store my resources.

I have pretty much looked at everything in the game to use the least amount of resources as possible while still winning the big trophies and having a good squad.

I learnt some things of the forum but learned the rest at my own pace.

Last edited by Max; 02-10-2020 at 06:42 PM.
    maloukees and khris like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast