Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By HeavensAAA
  • 1 Post By HeavensAAA
  • 3 Post By Sillybq

Thread: Yellow/Red card problem

Rix
    Rookie

Yellow/Red card problem

am a low level (level 8) completely f2p player. somehow I kept some greens and trained a youth academy player to a decent level but that fella already got 2 red cards (2 yellows in 2 matches in cup and league). lol.

what to do?

(I use to keep low pressing and normal tackling).

Pro
    Similarly level 7 manager here.

Has your midfield got less players than the opponents (so the player had to cover more grounds than he could, hence the yellow cards)?
    Or did your formation require your MC to help defending in areas where he cannot do efficiently (eg. MC down-arrow marking an AMC)?
    Or is it just that the opponents midfielders are just way better (1*+)?

If neither of the above, then try observe some 10 more games to see if this card pattern still persists. If so, you may consistently need to keep a very good sub with MC+1/2 positions in the following seasons to avoid this MC getting 2nd yellows. The likelihood is you would want to keep using him as lots of resources was invested, so just see how it goes.
    Rix and Sillybq like this.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Rix
    Rookie
    not less midfielders in number, no down arrow, better than opponent midfielders.

he gets good rating. only one 7 rest 8&9. only problem is that fella is yellow card magnet.
    Last edited by Rix; 02-08-2020 at 04:29 PM.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Rix View Post
    not less midfielders in number, no down arrow, better than opponent midfielders.

he gets good rating. only one 7 rest 8&9. only problem is that fella is yellow card magnet.
    Heard from experienced forumers having this kind of hidden attribute.

Maybe when you maintain this player at the start of next season, boost up tackling and positioning further to see if that may help?

Or play him mainly as an AMC could help as that position supposedly does not involve as many tackling?
    Rix likes this.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

I think it's random and coincidental. If u see him get a yellow next time with a falling rating, sub him quick. Tell tale sign of a second yellow.

I would keep using him as MC despite the cards as he is performing well and he has good ball winning skills. Just like HeavensAAA mentioned, have a good sub as MC, DMC and DC are prone to getting cards.
    Rix, Der_Ryan_M and HeavensAAA like this.