Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Max

Thread: No clue how i lost this match up?

No clue how i lost this match up?

Ok, so I’m a new player and I’m still working a lot of this all out.
    Second league season now so I’m getting there.

However I just had a champs league match up that I lost 0-1 and I have no clue how.
    The match up %s were 58% (26.9) - 87% (19.7)
    I was actually watching this game live and was using the extra bonus click things.
    My team was rested and had full morale.

My opponent lost their last game 9-0 against someone who was lower rated than me.

The only thing I can think of is a formation mismatch.
    How much time do you put into how your team is structured for each game? Is there somewhere you can go to research common ways to counter particular set ups?
    Last edited by Crabby82; 03-07-2020 at 11:51 AM.

Addicted
    It's just a random troll result. You will win the next match against him and proceed further in the Championship League.

Max
    Hi, welcome to the forum.

Sorry, but these results occur on the game from time to time, I lost an 88 game unbeaten streak to a 70% rated team vs 90%, it was like Liverpool losing to Watford.

They are above me in the table somehow but it won’t last for long, I am on a roll again.

They were rated 70% yesterday but they bought a new player.

Here was the score

No manager present as usual and him with 60% shot efficiency.

The unbeaten streak is below here.

I

Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using by pressing the Reply button.
    Last edited by Max; 03-07-2020 at 02:04 PM.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby82 View Post
    Ok, so I’m a new player and I’m still working a lot of this all out.
    Second league season now so I’m getting there.

However I just had a champs league match up that I lost 0-1 and I have no clue how.
    The match up %s were 58% (26.9) - 87% (19.7)
    I was actually watching this game live and was using the extra bonus click things.
    My team was rested and had full morale.

My opponent lost their last game 9-0 against someone who was lower rated than me.

The only thing I can think of is a formation mismatch.
    How much time do you put into how your team is structured for each game? Is there somewhere you can go to research common ways to counter particular set ups?

First of all, welcome to the forum mate

Maybe his players wasvery good trained?
    Maybehis white skills were high and his grey skills low?.

Max
    Quote Originally Posted by maloukees View Post
    First of all, welcome to the forum mate

Maybe his players wasvery good trained?
    Maybehis white skills were high and his grey skills low?.
    Yep, it could be a possibility, I have only ever seen one active team below 60% in quality, those sort of active 3* teams are very rare to come across, my assumption is that team is abandoned. But you never know.

For now I still think it is a troll result.

@Crabby82 can you provide us pictures so we can look into it for you?

Pro
    There are a few possible explanations, and it depends on how often you lose matches against opponents of 20%- or more.

If you had 1 or 2 max per season, it is generally called a troll. That means the engine favours your opponent from the outset. As an active manager, you would need to try to change whatever you could in-game to influence the game calculation to your favour, such as:
    1) formation
    2) tactics and orders
    3) substitutions
    4) set piece takers
    5) bonus type

There is no guarantee all the changes could reverse the result, but it is very important to handle and try switching things around whenever we feel a troll game is under way, as it could easily happen in a CL or Cup 2nd leg, or even in both legs, or in the worst case a final.

If it happens more than a few times a season, then it is more likely to do with your team formation, tactics and orders. You may need to fine-tune some common counter formations and strategy according to your opponent’s.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Addicted
    and if you waiting a match and you have messege 1 min ago or 2 min ago than you probably lose next match by if it isnt sad will be funny situations no matter how your oponent is strong

Do you guys think if a team is significantly weaker we should avoid watching it. Maybe I'm just paranoid but perhaps others have experienced something similar

e.g. if I am a 90% rated team and the other team is 30-60% - I dont usually watch these games

Today I watched a game I was 90% team rated, they were 40% and I only scraped a 1-0 victory. Was unsure, maybe it is the random factor you guys are talking about. I'm top of league at the moment and this team is 1 of the abandoned ones which everyone is scoring 3+ goals on.

Max
    Quote Originally Posted by TooMuchG View Post
    Do you guys think if a team is significantly weaker we should avoid watching it. Maybe I'm just paranoid but perhaps others have experienced something similar

e.g. if I am a 90% rated team and the other team is 30-60% - I dont usually watch these games

Today I watched a game I was 90% team rated, they were 40% and I only scraped a 1-0 victory. Was unsure, maybe it is the random factor you guys are talking about. I'm top of league at the moment and this team is 1 of the abandoned ones which everyone is scoring 3+ goals on.
    I actually do the reverse of this, I watch all the games with heather abandoned teams and I usually have no problems “knocks on wood” but when I watch the big games, yes I am there sometimes to make changes player wise or tactic wise. Most of the time I do not watch the Finals, out of the finals I watched, I won 9 out of 14.

In the ones I did not watch I won 75% of them, the ones I watched I won 69%, I do not watch CL Finals because I won the two I didn’t watch and lost the other three where I did.

After all this I need to knock on wood because I jinx everything I say that is going well with my team, I always feel that Nordeus is listening .

Sent from my iPhone using by pressing the Reply button.
    TooMuchG likes this.