Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By IImaestroII
  • 1 Post By Siddharth Singh

Thread: How to you defend Freekicks and Corners?

How to you defend Freekicks and Corners?

It's so frustrating, in some games my team defend so well that opposition barely have on target shots, but a last minute free-kick or corner kill my team's work.
    How can I defend free-kicks and corners?

Quote Originally Posted by Campleo View Post
    It's so frustrating, in some games my team defend so well that opposition barely have on target shots, but a last minute free-kick or corner kill my team's work.
    Corners, with aerial SA and heading

Fks, Wall SA and strenght if Im right.

GK with 1vs1.

Of course the advantadge is always for the team who have the main control of the match, creating chances. You caould try to switch to easy tackling too in the last 20mins too to try to avoid these late goals, so to avoid FKs at least.

Max
    To have a better chance at defending corners, it would be good if you have an Ariel defender SA as it would help, but it won’t stop you conceding from corners all the time. You know if your team or the opponent’s team will get a shot in goal by the way the players are positioned in the box and they way the ball is delivered into the box. When the opposing team’s players are all in the middle of the box before the corner is token, it is most likely they will get a goal chance and the Ariel defender will not save you here.

(I will put a photo here of what I mean when I find what I am talking about.)

For free kicks, you will need a defensive wall for this, it will decrease your chances of conceding slightly but not by a lot, I noticed no difference when I had one a while ago.

If the free kick is taken at the side of the penalty area, (the width of the box, the defensive wall will not help you here, the ball will be floated into the box and they will get a shot on goal, the defensive wall won’t block it on the side, once again I will get photos of it if I can.

Sent from my iPhone using by pressing the Reply button.

Regarding Corners :

Work on your players heading , Gk communication ( ability of the the gk to communicate and organise the defence in active or inactive situations ), Gk aerial reach ( Jumping ) and Anticipation ( ability of the gk to read the play and anticipate situations ) .

Regarding Freekicks :

Work on defenders positioning , Gk Communication ( he will organise better the difensive wall ) , Gk reflexes - agility ( pure gk shot saving related attributes )
    HeavensAAA likes this.

“Football is born in the brain, not in the body"

Addicted
    I don't think you can do much if the kick taker has been programmed to score most of his free kicks and has free kick SA.
    milpol likes this.

I guess, You're right. I should try easy tackling as I dominate possession in most game

Thanks you for explaining, I'll definitely add SA to my defenders.

Max
    Thanks you for explaining, I'll definitely add SA to my defenders.
    No problem, I try to help when I can.

Sent from my iPhone using by pressing the Reply button.

Quote Originally Posted by IImaestroII View Post
    Regarding Corners :

Work on your players heading , Gk communication ( ability of the the gk to communicate and organise the defence in active or inactive situations ), Gk aerial reach ( Jumping ) and Anticipation ( ability of the gk to read the play and anticipate situations ) .

Regarding Freekicks :

Work on defenders positioning , Gk Communication ( he will organise better the difensive wall ) , Gk reflexes - agility ( pure gk shot saving related attributes )
    Yeah, you're right, Goalkeeper should be my priority